• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thoughts on the Way Home

MamaBelle4

DIS Veteran
Remy is not worth an hour wait. Honestly? I don't even think it's worth 1/2 hour. The entire right side of the screens were black for our entire party. When I closed my one eye, I could see the screen fully, so at first I thought it was just me until another member of my party mentioned it.

Early entry really is not a good perk. 1/2 hour early access and then half of each park is inaccessible funnelling everyone to the same attraction.

Guardians of the Galaxy is absolutely stunning. It is a masterpiece. I would have ridden it a hundred times. It is a super fun ride.

I enjoyed Extra Evening hours at both Epcot and MK. We didn't really do much at Epcot but we enjoyed getting to stay late and being able to sit on the bus home. MK we rode a ton.

MK is dangerous after fireworks. Someone rammed DH in the back of the legs repeatedly with their stroller, eventually completely knocking him over. They, of course, left without saying anything.

Genie+ and ILL are terrible. Honestly. I get paying money to not have to wait and I could be on board with it if it was treated like the Fast Pass system where it doesn't really impact "regular" guest experience. Genie+ and ILL are the reason wait times are so unbearable. At TSMM, our queue was trucking right along just fine when all of a sudden, there was an absolute influx of ILL guests and an announcement about "Andy's toys came to play so it would impact wait time." After that it was 5 steps, wait 5 minutes, 5 steps, wait 5 minutes on repeat until we finally got to the front. They let the family in front of us go, then about 50-75 from the lighting lane, then our family and then stopped the queue again.

It was like that for SDMT, FOP, and Remy too. We didn't even try ROTR because they didn't start the ride until park open (we rope dropped during early entry) and knew the ride would be a constant stop-go situation and the wait time would be longer than expected.

I get that those who use Genie + paid for a service, but I paid to be there too. Their experience should not be a negative impact on mine. We didn't even have a chance to set foot in a single shop in any of the parks because of the inflated time we had to wait in lines. It needs to go.

I agree With your Thoughts.
100%
Its crazy how much Disney is getting away with .
Im not sure if there is a word to summarize my thoughts.

Just thought of the one word “Universal “

I agree with some of it. I'm guessing they were having issues with Remi as I've never had that problem but even running totally right not worth more that a 15 min. Wait for me, and I actually don't mind waiting a hour for rides.

I'm the odd man (or woman) out on Guardians, it was not pleasant for me. I had to keep my eyes closed at least half the ride, couldn't tell you what song was playing since I just wanted it to end and had to sit in the shade for half a hour after I got off to settle my stomach. Most likely a one and done for me.

I have been twice since Genie+ started and didn't use it either time. One trip there were long waits, the other every ride was just about walk on. It's not going anywhere so might as well get used to it. I do remember long waits with FP as well. We rarely used it since we are more go with the flow people. I think a lot of people have selective memories with it since it was free. I do remember looking for what was available every once in awhile and not much being there. No way did I know 60 days out what I wanted to ride and when. Heck if I couldn't book it half a hour out it was a no go.

Since the ee is available to all resorts it really isn't much better, maybe you can get one ride in before the park opens but not worth getting up that early and rushing to a ride for me. Sometimes I'm up any way and will use it.

I didn't try late evenings at epcot or MK. While I was there both parks were open til 11 and I'm too old to stay up later than that. I did find after about 7 at MK was nice.

I agree about the FWs. I rarely stay for them just because of that. Well also the fact I'm height challenged and no matter how early I get a good spot some tall person (usually a man) gets in front of me last minute. Or a dad puts his kid on his shoulders and thinks it's a good idea to move around and raise their hands so I can't even peek around. I didn't have this problem before projections since you could see FWs from just about anywhere and leaving afterwards from anywhere other than the hub is easy. It's not even possible to tuck yourself out of the way and let the crowd leave if you are in the hub area or on main street.

Remy is not worth an hour wait. Honestly? I don't even think it's worth 1/2 hour. The entire right side of the screens were black for our entire party. When I closed my one eye, I could see the screen fully, so at first I thought it was just me until another member of my party mentioned it.
My family was told '90 minute wait', proceeded to wait for 2 1/2 hours, then left the line because they didn't want to miss their dinner ADR. Worst wait experience ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter