Thoughts on Sanaa

Sanaa is one of our must-dos. The bread service is great, but be aware it is a TON of food. I really like their sampler (lamb and shrimp are awesome) as a meal and a lot of the options are easy to split if you want to try a few things.

We love it! It's easy to get to from AK, if you start there for the day and then head over for lunch. Otherwise, I'd also recommend an uber.

The meal choices are good and well prepared, the view can't be beat! And, yes, definitely get the bread service.

Just to whet appetites a little, here's a recent picture of the bread service.
img_3946-jpg.242645

The sauces are hottest to mildest starting in the back row with the dark red bowl to the left. Go from left to right, so dark red-orange-white-orange. From there, simply slide up to the next orange bowl and then work your way right to left (orange-dark green/grey-white-dark green/grey-white). The spiciest is the red chile sambal and the mildest is a cucumber raita. There were five na'an breads. The bowl to the far right is one part of a salad trio, the chickpea with cucumber and tomato. It was superb and provided a nice contrast to the spicy sauces as it's chilled.

That is SO not cool. appetite thoroughly whet.

Due to allergies and sensitivities I can't eat much here, but we go every single time we stay at AKV anyway and I always find something to love.
My kids have adored the menu since they were 7 and 10 and they're picky eaters.

All this is to say: Go! Try it! You may end up loving it!

How spicy is the butter chicken?
Not very. In fact, very little on their menu would I classify as spicy if you mean in terms of heat. If you aren't used to spicy foods, then perhaps some dishes would seem so; however, for the majority of the food I've had there, when they say "spicy" they mean "just a touch of warmth." Now, there are a couple of sauces with the bread service I'd classify as spicy, and certainly, the kitchen can kick up the heat a notch if you ask. As for desserts, I've not had any so can't help you there. ;)

Absolutely. If you're staying at AKL--which you imply--then it's a short walk if you're in Kidani. If you're staying at Jambo, it's a quick drive or a 10+ minute walk. If you're driving from another resort or park, certainly it will take a bit longer, but it's still worth the 15-minute or less drive from just about anywhere. If you want to ensure a spot at a window seat, I'd advise making an ADR for when they first open--11:30, I believe--and then showing up a few minutes before that to check in. Make sure you ask for a window seat, as well. Food and service are excellent (I highly recommend the full on bread service, but be forewarned it is filling); the wine list is very good; and the prices (relative to Disney) provide a solid value. Oh, and the animals are fun to watch. ;)
I’m highjacking... I have a quick question. We are going to WDW in June on the DDP. This is our first trip not being on the DxDP. I will miss the appetizers. :/ My question is, Do you know if you can have the full bread service as your entree?
TIA

I’m highjacking... I have a quick question. We are going to WDW in June on the DDP. This is our first trip not being on the DxDP. I will miss the appetizers. :/ My question is, Do you know if you can have the full bread service as your entree?
TIA
Good question, and one with which I'm not fully certain about since we haven't used any DP in about eight years. That being said, I did a little research and found the general consensus is "probably." As with many things at Disney, the final answer often depends on the CM (in this case, your server). In most cases that I read about, the servers faced with the request of an appetizer in place of an entree on the DDP were happy to oblige, though sometimes they had to go check with the manager or the kitchen. I did read one older (2013) Mom's Panel article that covered this very question where she was obliged a few times with the lone exception being at a Signature. So, while I wouldn't count on being able to make the bread service an entree, certainly it seems as it's not an unusual request and worth asking. After all, the bread service is cheaper than any entree on the menu, and it's not like they would have to go out of their way to make it as it's a very popular item. As for the bread service, we do it as our entree and usually pair it with a soup and/or a salad. It's plenty filling for us, though to be fair, we're not huge eaters. I say, go for it!

For Sanaa experts out there, if I have a dinner ADR for 5:05, 1) possibility of seeing animals? 2) how long will the meal take? My flight leaves at 8 pm from MCO. I'm wondering if there won't be enough time? We have a rental car. Wondering if I should move my reservation to a late lunch..

For Sanaa experts out there, if I have a dinner ADR for 5:05, 1) possibility of seeing animals? 2) how long will the meal take? My flight leaves at 8 pm from MCO. I'm wondering if there won't be enough time? We have a rental car. Wondering if I should move my reservation to a late lunch..

I would move the reservation, I think you're cutting it close. What if they can't seat you right away and there's a wait? Better safe than sorry.

I see and understand what you're trying to do, but while many folk attempt to squeeze every last magical moment out of their vacations, this approach stresses the Jambo out of me. :rotfl:
I'd move my reservation to lunch and be on the road at 5 to 5:30ish. Just me.

Sneaking in for all you Sanaa experts, best time for lunch to score a window table? Approximately how long to get to it on bus from AK?

Sneaking in for all you Sanaa experts, best time for lunch to score a window table? Approximately how long to get to it on bus from AK?
For us, we book a time right at the opening for lunch (11:30) or as soon after as possible. We tell them we wish to have a window seat when we arrive, and so far, we've always gotten one. Further, they do a small opening ceremony with drums and song which is rather cool. As for getting from the park to the resort, as with all things buses at Disney, it all depends on how long you have to wait for the bus. The actual trip isn't long, but you could very well end up waiting 20-30 minutes for a bus. Uber or taxi would cost you, but it might be worth it.

When we stay at AKL we always eat there a couple of times. When we are not staying at AKL we use it as our break for the AK day. Do AK park for the morning, head to Sanaa for lunch and have a lazy slow lunch in the AC and then back to AK park later in the afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter