Thoughts on restaurant picks...

We had Mythos the other day, my Spoon knife and fork grilled cheese was pretty heavenly. We are staying at the Sapphire Falls resort and Amatista restaurant here is amazing, Everything I have eaten there has been delicious and full of flavor. My son is addicted to the Jerk chicken pot pie and he's the pickiest eater ALIVE.

Just looking for feedback on the restaurants I am planning on hitting for our Universal trip this March. Never been here before so this will all be new to us, though we are Disney veterans.

Arrival night: Cowfish
Night 2: Mythos
Night 3: Toothsome
Night 4: Vivo

Do these all sound like good picks? Are there any that are definitely just meh, and should be swapped out for something else maybe? I know that's pretty subjective, but just enjoy in engaging people that that have tried these places. Thanks.

These are fine choices. Every restaurant has good days and bad days and these things are subjective. You will always be able to find someone who had a bad experience at any restaurant. Mythos, Toothsome and Cowfish are all popular enough that they tend to get labelled by some as "over-rated". That's because people gush about them. All four of these restaurants are worth trying as are some of the alternatives people have suggested.

Here's the thing though. At Universal, you don't need to map out your meals like you do at Disney. If you feel like Italian, you can just go to Vivo. You won't even need a reservation. The year we first tried Cowfish, my wife and kids fell in love with it. We were planning lunch at Vivo the next day, but the kids wanted Cowfish again so we changed plans on the fly. You can do that sort of thing at Universal.

We have only eaten at Toothsome once, but everyone enjoyed their meal. I had the Blue Plate Burger and it was delicious. The shakes are very fancy and arguably over-priced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!