Thoughts on restaurant picks...

acarsme123

DIS Veteran
Just looking for feedback on the restaurants I am planning on hitting for our Universal trip this March. Never been here before so this will all be new to us, though we are Disney veterans.

Arrival night: Cowfish
Night 2: Mythos
Night 3: Toothsome
Night 4: Vivo

Do these all sound like good picks? Are there any that are definitely just meh, and should be swapped out for something else maybe? I know that's pretty subjective, but just enjoy in engaging people that that have tried these places. Thanks.

Just looking for feedback on the restaurants I am planning on hitting for our Universal trip this March. Never been here before so this will all be new to us, though we are Disney veterans.

Do these all sound like good picks? Are there any that are definitely just meh, and should be swapped out for something else maybe? I know that's pretty subjective, but just enjoy in engaging people that that have tried these places. Thanks.
We were disappointed with Cowfish. We tried the sushi.... and it was not like any sushi I have ever had!😂

Hard saying, they all deserve a try!

We have had great service and food at all of them.

We also have had a couple of disappointing experiences over the years, and it wasn’t at Toothsome... :thumbsup2

Best bet is look at some of the menus online and go from there, again all the places you have listed deserve a try, hopefully you enjoy them all!

For us, we’ll avoid Toothsome. Food is seriously overrated. We haven’t had dessert there but they seem to be popular.

Cowfish is excellent for burgers, but for sushi go elsewhere.......I agree with Welsh Dragon.....not like any sushi we’ve ever had. I’d go elsewhere for that, like Orchids in RPR...fabulous sushi. But, Cowfish burgers are excellent.

Mythos again, we find it a little overrated......some decent items, but try Confisco Grille......it is so much better.

Vivo, we absolutely love it there. Only started going in the last year, and now it’s a must do for most trips.

NBC is another that’s excellent for burgers, but we’ve had mixed experiences there with other dishes.

Margaritaville has improved a lot in the last few years. We’ve never had a bad meal there and always enjoy both food and atmosphere.

Two places we avoid are Bubba Gumps and HRC.

Don’t discount the hotel restaurants, many are excellent.

We have had nothing less than great food at Toothsome. The only thing I wasn't impressed was the Totchos. Others rave about them. Our new lunch favorite is the Today Show Cafe. Great sandwiches that are totally unique for in-park food.

I also really liked Toothsome food - I got a brunch entree which was sweet and fabulous.

Mythos was good but not great. Excellent theming and good price, and well worth a sit down meal in the park overall.

I like Toothsome a lot. My whole family does, the ones that live in the area eat there almost once a week. Service can be slow, but food is excellent and the atmosphere is cool.

We ate at Toothsome tonight and really enjoyed it. I got the kettlechip nachos as my entree. My daughter had fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp. My husband had a steak. He did not care for the scalloped potatoes that came with it, totally different from the ones I make at home. We split a chocolate brownie sundae. So good!

We ate at Toothsome tonight and really enjoyed it. I got the kettlechip nachos as my entree. My daughter had fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp. My husband had a steak. He did not care for the scalloped potatoes that came with it, totally different from the ones I make at home. We split a chocolate brownie sundae. So good!

Hope you’re having a fabulous trip :thumbsup2

Well, my wife has put the axe to Mythos and Vivo. She just wasn’t seeing anything on the menus that wowed her. She normally lets me pick all the restaurants, and I rarely steer people wrong, but she just wasn’t feeling those two places. She actually really wants to try Three Broomsticks. I reluctantly agreed. It looks decent though.
We are now tossing between Bigfire and NBC Grill And Brew for our fourth pick. She seems to be leaning NBC

Three Broomsticks is good for what it is. Tons of atmosphere and decent food.

Reactions: MDH
We really loved both three broom sticks and leaky cauldron. It's British food, so if you're ok trying a pot pie instead of a burger you might just really like it:)

We actually enjoy Toothsome. We find the food to be good, desserts to be great, and the atmosphere is really unique. We thought Vivo was meh, but if you want Italian, that's your best bet. We have tried Cowfish twice and have not been impressed. Its also a chain with locations in other states, which is something we now try to avoid so we can do something unique to Universal. Love Mythos, but don't discount in-park QS as well.

Antojitos is our favorite City Walk restaurant. The tableside guacamole is amazing! We also love NBC Sports Grill & Brew - typical sports pub atmosphere, but the food is consistently good in our experience. Also never had much of a wait there.

NBC does have a better French Dip sandwich over Confisco. Confisco's was too much bread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter