Thoughts on choosing these 10 restaurants?

lovethesun12

DIS Veteran
So I have a bunch of reservations to make, and looking for your thoughts on these? We REALLY don't like doing buffet's at Disney, but our kids (preschool & Kindergarten) love characters. So far we have the ones below. Let me know your thoughts on the list and if you have any suggestions please feel free to add =)

On past trips we've done CRT, T-Rex, & Coral Reef and they are must do for us! We've also done H&V and didn't love it but it's about Minnie Mouse :) We are staying at Beach Club if that helps!

We have:

1) CRT (lunch)
2) T-Rex (dinner)
3) Garden Grill (dinner)
4) Sci-Fi (dinner)
5) H&V (dinner)
6) Tusker House (dinner)
7) Via Napoli (dinner)
8) Coral Reef (dinner)
9) La Hacienda (dinner)
10) Trattoria al forno (breakfast)

Last edited:
Great choices! We’ve done 1-6 on your list and enjoyed them all, especially GG and TH. Sci Fi is my kids favorite non character meal.

Good idea! Hrm...which one to swap it out for...

Either 7, 8, or 9. I'm assuming those are all Epcot days. Probably Coral Reef or La Hacienda though. Consider your plans for the day, if you've already done FW and are deep into WS getting to CR will be a pain and the opposite for La Hacienda.

Either 7, 8, or 9. I'm assuming those are all Epcot days. Probably Coral Reef or La Hacienda though. Consider your plans for the day, if you've already done FW and are deep into WS getting to CR will be a pain and the opposite for La Hacienda.
Actually they aren't epcot days! We took a longer trip this year because we want more time to enjoy the resort and we only like doing parks in the morning and late evening. So for all of the epcot restaurants we were planning on just walking over after spending the afternoon at Beach Club. Not sure how difficult that would be? Unfortunately there's no way I could drop Coral Reef anyway because my kids (and DH, lol) loved it last year and they still bring it up. Maybe La Hacienda? I've never eaten there.

I'm still uncertain about Tusker House too. We've done a nice few Disney buffets and the only one either of us truly liked food wise) was Boma.

Actually they aren't epcot days! We took a longer trip this year because we want more time to enjoy the resort and we only like doing parks in the morning and late evening. So for all of the epcot restaurants we were planning on just walking over after spending the afternoon at Beach Club. Not sure how difficult that would be? Unfortunately there's no way I could drop Coral Reef anyway because my kids (and DH, lol) loved it last year and they still bring it up. Maybe La Hacienda? I've never eaten there.

I'm still uncertain about Tusker House too. We've done a nice few Disney buffets and the only one either of us truly liked food wise) was Boma.

I've not eaten at La Hacienda either but it's Mexican, and that's not too hard to find in most places.

Looks like a good list.
The one I don't see is Boma. While it is a buffet, it may be the best buffet at WDW. No characters.
The other one i would consider is Storybook Dining at the Wilderness. Reviews have been great and they have characters you rarely see from Snow WHite.

We really enjoyed our meal at the Bon Voyage Breakfast. The food was good and there are some unique options. We also liked meeting Prince Eric and Flynn Ryder.

Tusker House is great, no need to worry! I agree with the Cape May Cafe recommendation for breakfast. The characters are so sweet in their swim gear and the food is really good.

Trattoria al Forno breakfast is amazing! The food is fantastic and the characters really, seriously good. Whoever was Flynn the day we went is amazing and so in character...the kids in the restaurant were having a ball when we were there in February, and so were the adults!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter