Thoughts on Boston being a GO in August?

I live right outside Boston. If you don’t want to wear a mask definitely reschedule. Masks are mandatory here anytime you go inside. Most towns also require them for being outside. Everyone out running, walking, biking is wearing a mask. Masks will be mandatory at summer camps etc. As of now restaurants are not open except for takeout.
There is really no chance of things being back to normal in 8 weeks.
Thanks. I feel really pulled to wait on this trip. I will wait for ABD to cancel on me and if not I will move until next year sometime. Thanks so much!

I had planned a few days on our own in the city prior to the start of the Boston ABD - Nantucket day,
Can't help on the rest of your questions, but wanted to comment on going to Nantucket for a day from Boston. You'll spend a lot of time getting to/from Nantucket which may not leave you much time to actually do much there. Typically people take a ferry from Hyannis to Nantucket. That would require a ~90 minute drive from Boston and then a further 90 minute ferry ride to the island. So adding some padding time so you don't miss the ferry you're spending ~6 hours that day just to get there.

You could fly from BOS to ACK on Cape Air though. That's a pretty short flight but who knows at this point how the flight schedule will work out.

Can't help on the rest of your questions, but wanted to comment on going to Nantucket for a day from Boston. You'll spend a lot of time getting to/from Nantucket which may not leave you much time to actually do much there. Typically people take a ferry from Hyannis to Nantucket. That would require a ~90 minute drive from Boston and then a further 90 minute ferry ride to the island. So adding some padding time so you don't miss the ferry you're spending ~6 hours that day just to get there.

You could fly from BOS to ACK on Cape Air though. That's a pretty short flight but who knows at this point how the flight schedule will work out.

Thanks. I have wrestled back and forth with the getting there part of it. We are doing a guided tour type thing where they pick you up, go with you on ferry, island tour and 6 hours of down time. Agreed it isn't much. I was most interested b/c I read several authors who write fiction on Nantucket and just wanted to visit for day to see if worth me going back. Thank you for the input! :)

Greetings from Mass!

Give the Nantucket Hotel a call - the owners are awesome and can answer questions re the island part. Also they own the Winnetu on MV and often host local authors like Elin Hildenbrand at TNH.

re Boston -masks will still be required in Aug. We are reopening slowly - Monday we just start phase 2A. So it will be different. But not necessarily bad. And weather here in the summer isn’t too bad in the city bc on the water. Feel free to ask specific questions - I live 45 min outside of Boston and we are heading to the Vineyard in 2 weeks.

Greetings from Mass!

Give the Nantucket Hotel a call - the owners are awesome and can answer questions re the island part. Also they own the Winnetu on MV and often host local authors like Elin Hildenbrand at TNH.

re Boston -masks will still be required in Aug. We are reopening slowly - Monday we just start phase 2A. So it will be different. But not necessarily bad. And weather here in the summer isn’t too bad in the city bc on the water. Feel free to ask specific questions - I live 45 min outside of Boston and we are heading to the Vineyard in 2 weeks.
Thank you!! I am going to send you a PM!

OP feel your pain, we have tickets to a concert in Fenway mid-September and the lack of steady info is just a killer.

But from past experience, if it's available try a Duck Boat tour. We found it to be a great primer to the city.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter