Thoughts on a royal marriage proposal

PoohNRoo2

Mouseketeer
I am posting this idea for my future brother in law...

I know that some people have proposed during the interactive Turtle Talk with Crush, but I was wondering if anyone knows of or has done the same with Enchanted Tales with Belle. He would love to have a Beauty and the Beast themed proposal, but we have not been super successful in agreeing on any ideas. This one just came to mind for me...

And yes, we did talk to the Disney wedding planners, and they are WAY out of our ballpark price-wise for any custom arrangements.

Thanks in advance!

Perhaps dinner at BOG and a proposal when meeting the Beast in the library after dinner?
That would probably be good; if he does a late dinner then maybe he can be the last group taking photos and can take his time without a line?

While I think Enchanted Tales would be pretty, I don’t know how it would work. Belle leaves before everyone and they are trying to get people in and out without dawdling.

Maybe Cinderella’s Royal Table? I don’t know if that’s too “cliche” but they must have it happen all the time... maybe one of the princesses coming by can be in on it?

Perhaps dinner at BOG and a proposal when meeting the Beast in the library after dinner?

While I think Enchanted Tales would be pretty, I don’t know how it would work. Belle leaves before everyone and they are trying to get people in and out without dawdling.

Maybe Cinderella’s Royal Table? I don’t know if that’s too “cliche” but they must have it happen all the time... maybe one of the princesses coming by can be in on it?

A big thing to remember here is... Disney has a rule for their characters, especially ones that have a "fixed" face such as Mickey, Minnie, Beast, etc that if a marriage proposal starts to happen, they have to turn their back to it. This is due to, unfortunately, the "no" factor.

Apparently it's happened too many times that someone has gone to propose with a character with a fixed smile/expression on their face and the person being asked said "no". So yeah, terrible memory, captured in photos, of someone saying no with a smiling character in the picture. So, Disney took care of that. I'd have to imagine that with face characters, the rules may be slightly different, but it's putting people in a very awkward position should the worst happen.

I am posting this idea for my future brother in law...

I know that some people have proposed during the interactive Turtle Talk with Crush, but I was wondering if anyone knows of or has done the same with Enchanted Tales with Belle. He would love to have a Beauty and the Beast themed proposal, but we have not been super successful in agreeing on any ideas. This one just came to mind for me...

And yes, we did talk to the Disney wedding planners, and they are WAY out of our ballpark price-wise for any custom arrangements.

Thanks in advance!
Here are some ideas: (the one marked with * is free)
-Fireworks cruise to see Happily Ever After. With a champagne toast.
-Carriage Ride at Port Orleans Riverside Resort. Then an overnight stay in a Royal Room there.
-A private dinner for two on the upper floor of The Grand Floridian with a butler. You can watch the fireworks from the windows up there.
*Horse drawn wagon, or Main Street Vehicle ride down Main Street to the castle, while you propose in the wagon or in front of the castle.

Last edited:
How about going to Epcot and asking in France. Talk with a CM and they could let you know what Country Belle is able to do. Again, don't count on a character being able to do anything.

Maybe get a Beauty and the Beast doll or something and put the ring on it and give it to her. When she finally sees the ring, ask.

Oh, we saw one of these!!! It was an older middle aged couple. There was an official photopass photographer. And after she said yes, they came over with the glass slipper for them to keep. Ariel was ADORABLE and came running across the restaurant (she had already visited their table) to inspect the ring and give them each a huge hug!

I believe it is costly, but not prohibitive-something like $375, but it includes the meal, which was surprisingly good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts