Thought I'd share

3DisneyNUTS

<font color=green>can't think of anything witty!<b
I just got a PM from another awesome DISer asking about Chris so I figured I would share with you guys. He is 11days seizure free! We upped his meds while in the world on the 14th and Friday night of the 18th was his last seizure. So hopefully the topomax is doing what it is supposed to and keeping these F@$#^%@#&&* things away!

He is back to his old self. I didn't think the seziures were impacting him as badly as they were but now that he isn't having them I notice a difference. He is more interactive, verbal & doing his old stuff (like trashing his room lol).

So just an update on my poopie :)

Oh yeah I also booked the Boardwalk Villas today for after the cruise in Sept. We are only staying 2 nights but we are definitely getting our $$s worth out of our APs lol. We splurged and are using points for our family too. So I booked a 2 BR and a studio for the 9 of us. Chris is going to flip having his cousins in the same room as us :)

Even though I am new, I love reading everyone's posts and feel like I know something about many of you.

This is awesome news.!!!!! :banana:

Congratulations on no new seizures!!

My oldest dd had a really big and long seizure while we were staying at a hotel 4 years ago. I though she had died when it was over because her eyes rolled back and she went limp. I slapped her face and shook her until her eyes rolled back down. That was the last seizure she had and in July will be off the medication for 2 years.

Hope someday Chris will be seizure free too!

Michigan said:
Congratulations on no new seizures!!

My oldest dd had a really big and long seizure while we were staying at a hotel 4 years ago. I though she had died when it was over because her eyes rolled back and she went limp. I slapped her face and shook her until her eyes rolled back down. That was the last seizure she had and in July will be off the medication for 2 years.

Hope someday Chris will be seizure free too!

Oh my God that must have been terrifying.

It is so awesome that she is off meds now!!!! :)

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Wow - isn't it marvelous EVERY day they go without a seizure!!!

We're in the process of switching DS from Zonegran to Lamictal and he's not had one in SIX weeks!! It's so hard to believe!

I am absolutely THRILLED for you!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

pamlet said:

We're in the process of switching DS from Zonegran to Lamictal and he's not had one in SIX weeks!! It's so hard to believe!

Thanks we are on day 18 WOOHOO!!! I honestly cannot wait to get to where I don't count anymore LOL.

I called his neuro to explain why the calls have stopped to him and he is thrilled. He even said "I was starting to worry about the little guy." His neuro is awesome. Chris loves him and since they have known each other since birth he sees him like a family member LOL.

pamlet said:

How old is DS? Six weeks is AWESOME!!!!! How is he doing with the med switch?

We are seeing a little agression with Chris but I don't know if it is the med or if it is him feeling better and lashing out like a control issue since he was so out of control for so long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter