Thought CRT booked up in minutes?

BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM

DIS Veteran
I was just playing around with the dining ressie page on the wdw site to see how early things seemed to book. I was checking availability for CRT and there were still early morning breakfasts(like 8:00,etc.) on every day that I was checking(Aug). So I looked at the calendar and sure enough those time slots could have already been booked by now. Am I looking at something wrong?!

According to some info out there, people are just not booking Disney vacations this year. Restaurant bookings should go up a bit if a public free dining package is released (one hasn't been released yet). Besides, the title "Most Popular and First Booked Restaurant" now belongs to Le Cellier. There's also the move to 180 day reservations. It's also possible that some guests who would normally book CRT breakfast have moved to dinner now that princesses are featured then also.

It used to be that way. But they have increased the price so much that it is pricing many people out of CRT. I mean breakfast is $47.23 per person! Lunch is $50.96. And dinner is $57.19!

And its not really a great value on the DDP because it requires 2 TS credits.

Maggie

Booked CRT tonight for breakfast in late Aug. never ever ressies left over this late for CRT. Disney really must be suffering.

We went for the dinner option because it's a better value on DDP and frankly I just prefer dinner to breakfast. I do think that's freeing up more breakfast ressies though.

8 or 10 years ago it was extremely hard to book for the princess breakfast. I can remember calculating our dates and getting up when the phone lines opened and calling every day for a week trying to get in. No luck at all that year. Seriously, 2 minutes after the phone lines opened each day, the place was already booked! The reservations are easier to get now because the princesses are there for lunch and dinner also. Lucky for us!!!! My daughter is such a little princess and loves to eat in the castle!

I wish I had this problem. We got our reservations 180 days out for 4 people in May. Now my inlaws are coming and we haven't seen them in 3 years. Really want them to come to CRT with us, but can't even get a reservation for 2 people!! It's so frustrating. I won't give ours up and I hate to think they'll have to wander for that time. I hope I can snag one before we go!! :sad2:

I had heard the same thing and on a whim tried to get breakfast reservations for my family. I have a 18 mo old and a 4 yr old who LOVE princesses. I got a breakfast reservation at 8:20. I was super pumped and we got our well after the ADR window had opened.

Yep, I booked it for 1st 1st week in June earlier this week, and then called and changed it today. There were available slots every day of my trip. :confused3

Maybe it's because the princesses are at dinner now, people are not all fighting for the breakfast/lunch slots.

I went to book today and could get almost nothing from 1pm to 8pm from May 23-June 3 (there were two slots open, one at 2:25 and one at 4:10). There were all kinds of slots open for June4. I didn't try for breakfast.

We just got an ADR for our trip at the end of June. We originally had breakfast... then went with dinner.. then back to breakfast.. oh and now its back to dinner. Basically they had availability everyday I checked. The dinner we now have is at 6.. a prime time..
DD begged me to come here even though i swore never again.. hope I don't regret it.

I was just playing around with the online ADR's myself and checked several restaurants....Le Cell, CRT, Ashekers, ect and found reservations for party of 2 to a party of 7. This was for the second week of Sept. I know that people are waiting for Free Dining (we happen to be one of them, but going anyway) but I coudn't believe the amount of reservations that were available! CRT had breakfast, lunch and dinner available. Is is possible that they really aren't as booked as I am thinking they might be? :confused:

Think it's been quite awhile since booking the castle was difficult. Certainly since the economic downturn it's been easier, for sure. We had no trouble in 2008 booking dinner for May (booked it in February), and then last year booked CRT dinner for September ...that one was only about 6 weeks out. Both were parties of 4.

Since there's other options to see princesses (Akershus in Epcot for multiple princesses and 1900 Park Fare for Cinderella) don't think the castle is so popular and hard-to-get...especially when the other options are far less expensive (and only one credit on the dining plan.)

Don't get me wrong - we loved the castle dining experience. But don't think the food warrants the prices. If you take it as you're paying for the castle & the princesses, then it's OK...if you're expecting breakfast food worth $47, you'll be very disappointed.

We went and it was EMPTY there were only ten tables full. We thought this was really strange so we asked the waiter and he said it hasn't been busy.

I just want you to know that the food choices have changed which may be known, but you have 3 choices now:

Healthy option yogurt fruit granola
Egg quiche type thing with bacon
Fried dough type meal with bacon

I thought for what we paid it was a HUGE ripoff I guess it's only saving grace was the extra time DS got with the princesses.

Same reservation experience here... booked our ADR a few weeks ago, was not counting on being able to get good reservations, but didn't have any problems. We decided not to do CRT though, just a bit to pricey!!

Just for kicks I just checked it for our June dates, there is still some avaliability. It is wide open for our Sept. dates. Too pricey for us though with 2 of our kids counted as adults.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter