Those who have travelled with Kids or Wheel chairs

buzz&woody'smom

DIS Veteran
PLEASE respond to the following:

1. Which Magic cruise is best with young children the Eastern or Western?

2. Depending on which you chose what excurisons do you recommend for young children?

3. Which Magic cruise would you choose for someone who needs a wheel chair most of the time and is handicapped?

4. Depending on which you chose what excurisons do you recommend for wheel chair bound or handicapped?

Thanks!!!

47 of you read my thread about kids and people that are handicapped but no responses........how about those of you that have traveled with young ones.

Do you recommend the Eastern or Western with little ones?

Thanks!!!

We did the Western with a 2yo, 5yo and two Senior cictizens...one of them in a wheelchair. We all had a fabulous time.

In Key west, we all did the trolley tour.

In Cayman, my in-laws did the land and sea tour and had fun.

In Cozumel, we all went to Chank. park and saw the Sea Lion Show.

Hope this helps...I am sorry we haven't done the Eastern yet.

Thanks tbuot! That is the type of info I am looking for :) Did your inlaws go to Cozumel too? What is the Land and Sea package in Grand Cayman? Is there any port where you have to get up at 6:00? I have read that here one time but I can't remember which port?

They did go with us and our kids to the Chank.park excursion. It was a cute Sea Lion show and then we all toured around the park a bit before taking the cab back to the boat. We would have stayed longer but, for some reason we had a delayed start time for the excursion. We booked this through DCL. I will say that getting over to the cab stand with the wheelchair required me asking how to do this and it was a bit of a maze but no problem. Since 6 of us were together I asked at the cab stand if we could please be put together in a minivan. Luckily one drove up just before it was our turn. Usually, they only 4 to a cab. This is a crazy driving town!! Our cab driver drove really fast. The park is really beautiful.

The Cayman --land and sea tour --my MIL and FIL did on their own with the wheelchair...I think this does have an early start time so we booked a beach excursion and since they are early risers this worked best for them.

Hope this helps.

It helps a lot. I have been to Cozumel so I know what to expect but your ideas are great. What beach excursion do you recommend in Grand Cayman?

BuzzNWoody'sMom

We have done the Eastern on the Magic and two 4 day cruises on the Wonder. One of our 2 Wonder Cruises afforded us an "unplanned" stop in Key West. Of those three cruises, we have made it to Castaway Cay on one visit (although we have seen in from afar on the other two). Our DD traveled at 4.5, new 5 and 6 3/4. I'm not sure she is as young as your little one's will be when you cruise.

Between those three trips we have swum with the Dolphins in Nassau (booked ourselves), done the Golden Eagle Catamaran in St Martin and the Atlantis Submarine trip in St Thomas. In addition, we spent our 4 hours in Key West at the Hard Rock Cafe and just walking through the shops. We had a wonderful time with all three planned excursions and loved Key West. Just a side note: our friends booked the Atlantis Submarine themselves and paid half as much as we did and departed from the same spot. Additionally, their tour was not nearly as crowded. I think (and I could sure be wrong) that that tour could be miserable if it is really hot.

If I had to pick my favorite of those three, I'd say swimming with the Dolphins. That was simply a great time and is a wonderful memory.

Have a great cruise - whichever one you choose.

We did the "beach break"at 7 Mile Beach. I know a lot of people hire their own cabs and go themselves but, for us I just wanted it done and booked the excursion. It suited our purpose of a few hours at the beach. We found chairs...not reserved...and they gave us drink tickets to redeem at the hotel's bar and grill. We each had one rum punch and one soft drink. The kids had two soft drink tix. We ordered lunch at the grill...$22 USD for 3 hot dogs and fries. They were good but expensive. The beach is nice. I guess we would do it again but, if my children were older I would have done the hire my own cab.

Somebody else recently asked which itinerary would be better for folks in wheelchairs. I would think Eastern because there is usually no tendering in at any ports of call. There is on the Western.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter