Those who follow airfare deals...

monica9

DIS Veteran
We go next September and although prices aren't out I'd like to learn where I can find the best deal once we are ready to purchase.
We prefer Jet Blue
We live in Ct so Bradley, LaGuardia or Westchester is all my husband will look at.
Are there other airlines cheaper than Jet Blue?
Does Jet Blue have specials at certain times of the year/certain days?
We are flying in on a Friday and leaving the following Sunday.
We have about 5,000 blue points that might be 1/4-1/2 a trip. Can we use those towards a ticket?
Are there certain sites that I can find the best deals on?

Now that our youngest has to get a ticket it's pretty expensive! We usually spend under 1k for airfare but it's showing 2k now!

Thanks

We are going in May, flying from NY and only like JetBlue. Our dates were released months ago and they were really high. I literally checked multiple times a day and yesterday they finally dropped enough to pull the trigger. At one point one of the flights (one leg) sky rocketed to 359! Keep watching. They go up and down constantly. I literally saw it happen.

1. Does Jet Blue have specials at certain times of the year/certain days?
2. We have about 5,000 blue points that might be 1/4-1/2 a trip. Can we use those towards a ticket?
3. Are there certain sites that I can find the best deals on?

1. Yes. Every airline does. As a TrueBlue member, you should be getting (or sign up for) email notifications.
2. See the website for information about combining points with cash.
3. www.kayak.com, www.hipmunk.com, www.airfarewatchdog.com, Google a search for the topic.

I’m stalking jet blue fares for August from NY also. So far, there’s been no changes. I’m thinking by March they will start to go down. I hate playing this game!

I’m stalking jet blue fares for August from NY also. So far, there’s been no changes. I’m thinking by March they will start to go down. I hate playing this game!
I’ve always heard it’s cheapest to book flights 6 weeks before. I just can’t wait that long for fear of them being sold out for the time we want.

I’ve always heard it’s cheapest to book flights 6 weeks before. I just can’t wait that long for fear of them being sold out for the time we want.

On the jet blue website, where it lists the flights and prices, you can click on a link to view the available seats. That will give you a sense as they are filling up. Right now for August, there’s not even 18 seats reserved on the flights I’m looking at, both going and coming back.

Edited: I probably wouldn’t wait 6 weeks before either (too much a nervous Nellie and I’d rather pay more for less anxiety) but 4 months I’d do!

On the jet blue website, where it lists the flights and prices, you can click on a link to view the available seats. That will give you a sense as they are filling up. Right now for August, there’s not even 18 seats reserved on the flights I’m looking at, both going and coming back.

Edited: I probably wouldn’t wait 6 weeks before either (too much a nervous Nellie and I’d rather pay more for less anxiety) but 4 months I’d do!

I just pulled the trigger at 4 months out when they dropped. But even waiting until then gave me anxiety.

I personally have found prices to be best 3-4 months before departure. We’ve flown quite a bit in the last several years and that is the timeframe I’ve booked all of our trips.

I’ve found this to be generally true as well. While I love flying out of Westchester, it’s not where you go to bargain hunt for fares.
I've always wanted to try Westchester since we are about 40 minutes from there but I have this thing with small planes and they only have 2 seaters (2x2). I know that's not much smaller than the other airports that have 3x3 but still.

I’ve found this to be generally true as well. While I love flying out of Westchester, it’s not where you go to bargain hunt for fares.

We fly Southwest almost exclusively. Like, only fly other airlines if we absolutely have to. If you book with them and then the flight cost goes down (in dollars or points), they will give you credit. I'm never afraid to book with them!

We are going in August and I am waiting for the Southwest flights to come out on 2/9. Planning to go from Bradley. They currently have the best rates for the times I want that I can tell.
Just so you don’t accidentally miss it, or for anyone else who is waiting - it’s Feb 7. I always book my flights the moment SW releases them (thankfully they’ve been doing it on Thursdays which is my day off). I then stalk and see if it goes down. In the last few years, they really haven’t gone down much if at all (this year my October flight never dropped. My August flights dropped $29 one way and I think $19 the other way - I forget what it was in points that I got back).

Thank you for giving me the correct date. I’m not one to wait the last minute. We are going 8/17-8/24 so I’ve been watching the current latest fares 7/37-8/3. If they are similar when they come out, I’ll just book because they are still cheaper than the other airlines. Much appreciated!

We are going in December and there are 17 of us :scared: so we can't risk waiting, the anxiety that would cause is not worth it. We are expecting to pay quite a bit per person based on the time but southwest has always been cheapest for us, plus not having to pay for baggage helps as there are 6 kids 3 and under traveling with us.

We are going in December and there are 17 of us :scared: so we can't risk waiting, the anxiety that would cause is not worth it. We are expecting to pay quite a bit per person based on the time but southwest has always been cheapest for us, plus not having to pay for baggage helps as there are 6 kids 3 and under traveling with us.
Have you called SW to see if they have any group rates that may help you save money? I cannot remember which airline it was, but an aunt just took all her kids and grandkids and they got s group rate through one of the airlines.

We go next September and although prices aren't out I'd like to learn where I can find the best deal once we are ready to purchase.
We prefer Jet Blue
We live in Ct so Bradley, LaGuardia or Westchester is all my husband will look at.
Are there other airlines cheaper than Jet Blue?
Does Jet Blue have specials at certain times of the year/certain days?
We have about 5,000 blue points that might be 1/4-1/2 a trip. Can we use those towards a ticket?
Are there certain sites that I can find the best deals on?

Now that our youngest has to get a ticket it's pretty expensive! We usually spend under 1k for airfare but it's showing 2k now!

Thanks
We fly out of bradley all the time and southwest usually is cheaper than Jet blue and if you have the credit card you can get companion flights and free flights from skymiles depending on how much you charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter