Those in the know re: WDW security

For lost items, we have a very efficient lost and found system. Security has almost nothing to do with L&F.
For thefts (which are VERY rare) we have security, security investigations, and we can call Orange County if necessary.

The idea that WDW would "drop it" to avoid bad PR is almost insulting.

On one visit, it was our departure day and we were going to the AK for a couple of hours before departing to the airport. I purchased a litho as a gift for our dog sitter at the art store while we were waiting for our fast pass time for the safari - we went and rode the safari, and I duh, I left the picture in the netting storage area of the safari truck. I didn't figure it out until we met up with our friends at the park entrance to head to the airport.

Now, the town car was going to be out our resort in a few minutes, and I didn't think I'd have the time to go back to Africa, talk to the CMs there, and try to find the truck that had it in it. Plus, I figured that if it was gone it was gone by now. We were right by guest services, so I figured what the heck - if someone found it, we'd pay the postage on it, if not just write it off as gone. It would take just a couple of minutes to fill out the form versus running back to Africa - we wouldn't have made it.

A couple of days later a package from Disney arrived, with the picture wrapped up immaculately. Just another bit of Disney magic. I'm really impressed with Disney lost and found.

DR

Originally posted by Safari Steve

The idea that WDW would "drop it" to avoid bad PR is almost insulting.

Seems to me in this case Disney is doing the Insulting to this guest.

One evening at PI my wallet slipped from my pocket at the Comedy Warehouse. I was sure it was gone for good, but a couple of hours later, when I discovered it missing, the management of PI returned it to me -- with everything intact, of course.

L&F at Disney is great!

Disney has very good loss control for a place populated by so few thieves.More expensive items are in cases or have security tags even on a $10 hat I purchased at MGM.Frontierland shop had gunrack outside,CM would shift gaze to it constantly while I was conversing.One woman returned a squishy eyeball child had walked off with from Haunted Mansion cart to a grateful CM.Stroller stations have CM to watch valuables.If I linger in the parking lot to air out car the security van appears promptly.Drinkwallah is closed now,probably because bottles were leaving unsold.In college I would pick up expensive pears at grocery without labels which were rug up as cheap ones.Tobacco companies put display racks in front of counter which children could access easily which has been outlawed.Some cultures do not have the concept of a line I wonder if weak currency changes their concept of payment.

Last Month, June, I left my Camera, it its MICKEY Case, in a bathroom stall in Tomorrowland. I was ALL the WAY over in Fantasyland, before I realized it! (went to take a Picture, no camera:rolleyes: ). Anyway, I ran ALL the way back over to Fantasyland, and my stall was being used. SO, I waited, and the person that came out, did NOT see it, so I went to the opened "supply room door" and lo and Behold, the worker there had it clipped on to her belt.:o She said due to it having money inside the side pocket, she would have to write out a report, but, gave it to me when I was able to tell her how Much was in it! (only about 30.00).;)

Unfortunately, my mom also left her camera in a fanny pack in a restroom in MK. She checked L&F through out the day to see if it was turned in. That evening they did find her fanny pack, but with no camera and even her candy that was inside was missing. :(

I don't know about security, but I do know about L&F. When I was a CP, I sometimes worked in L&F at MGM.

If a cast member finds something, it will end up in L&F. Wish we could say the same about other guests.

There is a whole list of items, including cameras and cash and electronic and medical, that has to be written up - both when turned in, and when claimed. Those items are taken to L&F asap. At the end of the night, areas and attractions bring all of their random L&F stuff - hats and clothing and autograph books, etc - to L&F. After park close, everything is sent to Central L&F at the TTC. People are directed there after park close. If you have lost something, and it isn't at L&F yet, you can fill out a form that will get logged. All of the information in the system is networked. If you find something, you can fill out a form if you want to claim the item after a specified time has passed.

Sorry...not the point of the thread...just my random knowledge.

for a place populated by so few thieves

I hate to burst your bubble, but there are just as many thieves, pick-pockets, etc. at WDW as there are in the rest of the world.

Incidents occur all the time they are just not made public since WDW operates as its' own government. (Reedy Creek Improvement Distrct)

Those of you who believe it "does not happen on WDW property" are really living in a "Fantasyland."

Originally posted by Dznefreek

I hate to burst your bubble, but there are just as many thieves, pick-pockets, etc. at WDW as there are in the rest of the world.

Incidents occur all the time they are just not made public since WDW operates as its' own government. (Reedy Creek Improvement Distrct)

Those of you who believe it "does not happen on WDW property" are really living in a "Fantasyland."

amen... I've had more stuff stolen at WDW than anywhere else...

My chain, my HS Class ring, my car's been broken into (sunglasses, CD's and radar detector were stolen), my watch, my keys (about 3 times!), my wallet, and my sandals... among other things...

Theft is the main reason I won't use a WDW provided locker, almost every item I listed was stolen from my locker at MK. There are some shady people working back there, and they have access to my combination. Now I just take everything w/ my in my backback at all times.

I've had good and bad experiences. Lost my wallet at PI one time. However, I did not realize it it until a manager brought it over to me saying it was found at another club. [Kind of a sign that you spend too much time in a place when the cast memebers know where to find you. ;)] My only real experience with crime was when my convertible top got cut open at Fantasia Golf. Thief did not get anything of real value. Broken Cellphone, Broken radar dectector[that was sitting right next to the fresh speeding ticket from earlier in the day, not a good day at all] and a box of art pencils. I was more pissed about the convertible top being cut then anything. I would have rather he broke a window. Orange County Sheriff was called out for a police report. Never did catch the guy; but apparenty, i was told it was pretty common at that location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter