This week's episode had me question the CM room access

OP, I sincerely hope you seek your own legal counsel, because it sounds like your current course of action could have VERY negative repercussions on your life should a situation actually arise.

The people responsible know a heck of a lot more about security than you do. Since you consider your bat, metal bar etc.. as a weapon, ask Disney how they feel about a gues5 arming themselves on premise.

Very, very presumptuous. Perhaps I worked with our warfighters on strategic threats (imminent and quasi), but I'm not going to share online.

EDIT

Last edited:
OP, I sincerely hope you seek your own legal counsel, because it sounds like your current course of action could have VERY negative repercussions on your life should a situation actually arise.

Yes! I want to introduce a lively discussion so that folks with less than pure intentions are able to be thwarted.

Very, very presumptuous. Perhaps I worked with our warfighters on strategic threats (imminent and quasi), but I'm not going to share online. BTW, how do you know my background on DoD security measures that may translate to public defense?
Not gonna bite but you conveniently left out the first part of my response.

And how would one define unlawful entry unless one gives written consent to unfettered access to a room/dwelling? To that end, how would they discern a genuine fear vs. imminent fear?

Let me just make it easy and say that Disney's policies give their staff the right to enter legally. You have the right to not stay in Disney hotels. The law is clear, and your hypothetical as to a cast member entering a room and thereafter being assaulted by a baseball bat, will not be excused by reason of the Florida stand your ground law. You can choose to believe that or not.

Let me just make it easy and say that Disney's policies give their staff the right to enter legally. You have the right to not stay in Disney hotels. The law is clear, and your hypothetical as to a cast member entering a room and thereafter being assaulted by a baseball bat, will not be excused by reason of the Florida stand your ground law. You can choose to believe that or not.

I would think that Dis-Unplugged's lawyer would love to answer that too.

I would think that Dis-Unplugged's lawyer would love to answer that too.
It's not even worth addressing because the law is clear. I would say I believe I other prior posters' are hoping they address the topic on the show for different reasons than you do.

Come to think of it, I'm partially retired and have off next Tuesday and would love to come to the Dis-Unplugged studio on Tuesday to address my viewpoints. All I need is an invite.

It's not even worth addressing because the law is clear. I would say I believe I other prior posters' are hoping they address the topic on the show for different reasons than you do.

Huh? I other prior posters?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter