This weeks Dining Show : Mama Melrose ?

Not sure at all about logistics, budget and if something like this could work, but wonder if this might be an option for sound quality enhancement? It just seemed to me a little disjointed having to pass the mic., but the quality was good.

Click

Studio segment over restaurant for sure. I also wonder if stopping every few minutes to film hinders their ability to soak up the magic and frankly their food gets cold. Start in studio to introduce it, show a video, the atmosphere before the meal, film some quick shots of the food with just minimum talking or music and then go back go the studio to talk about it, share prices and grade it. And please, please, take a female team member and/or a parent and cover the kid's menu.

I also much prefer the studio. I, too, only listen and when they film on location it is hardly worth listening to because the sound quality is so poor. The River Belle Terrace one was absolutely unbearable--you couldn't hear a thing. I recognize that this takes more time as they have to eat the actual dinner and then talk about it in the studio, but the studio portions are so much more enjoyable.

Totally agree with what is being said here. It is much more enjoyable to listen to the studio portion. I usually listen, but have tried watching a couple of these to see if that helped me understand the audio in the restaurant portion, and even watching I was having trouble hearing/understanding what was said. I would love for most of the show to be in the studio with an "overview" video shown of the restaurant, food, etc. The overview could just have ambient sound or a music overlay, but save the talking for the studio. Pretty please?

It would probably work best if they did a video overview and tooks some notes during the meal to remember it and then thought about what they would like to say instead of grasping around for what to say on the spot. I would think it is much harder to to instantly come up with a review off the top of your head.

I wouldn't mind the background noise in the video overview. More realistic and I like looking at things in the park.

And this is why Pete made the decision to post the video without the studio portion. Everything they said at the restaurant they repeated in the studio, but they did add the prices. He knows he has to make a decision between the show being in the field or in the studio, but he's still messing with the format to see what he wants.
Thanks Craig for clarifying. I just watched the episode and thought it might have been a glitch on my TV’s YouTube app.

I know others on this thread disagree but I like the field/studio format. I like the studio portion as it gives a summary of everyone’s overall thoughts of their experience including atmosphere and pricing. For example, on the Boatwrights review the team put into perspective their opinions of other meals on property that are actually worth the $60/person cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter