This was discussed but I couldn't find..which water park is best for a 5 year old?

frankiemom

DIS Veteran
I was planning on taking my 5 year old son to Blizzard Beach but the day I was taking him it was posted that it would be closed, so I was figuring on going to Typhoon Lagoon. Now Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon are open the day we are going. Which one should I take him too? We have never been to either of them!:confused:

Animal Kingdom Lodge, or Beach and Yacht Club :)

I heard BB has a nice kids area

My kids loved TL last summer. The youngest was 4 at the time. There is a good area for kids and some nice mid-sized slides. We would like to try BB next time. The decision was made for us. We had breakfast at AKL first then headed for the water parks. BB was closed mid-morning due to reaching capcity!!! Keep an open mind, there is a lot for kids to do at either. I hear BB has more super slides for the super brave, which we are not!!! Lacee

I hear BB has more super slides for the super brave, which we are not!!!
BB has 3 agressive slides, TL has 2. BB has more family friendly slides than TL too.
If you count slides only (not wave pool, lazy river or slides in kids areas) TL has 3 slides and BB has 4. Add the numerous slides in the childrens and preteen area and BB has TL outnumbered 2-1.

Last June my DD 6 and DS 8 went to TL. Both had fun but the big (really big) wave pool, noises and alarms and whooshing sound when the big wave came were so intimidating to them and the sound so irritating to me and DH that we will stick with BB from now on. DD loved the lazy river ride at TL but there is the same thing at BB. There are definitely more inviting small scale slides for under preteen agers at BB. We also rode the family raft ride and it was one of the most memorable long wonderful rides of all the parks. The big pool at BB does have waves but they are more gentle, like those in the carribbean. Both my kids loved BB and we will go back there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts