This Trip Report Is Under Refurbishment For Your Future Enjoyment (UPDATED 11/8)

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by Captain_Oblivious, Oct 10, 2018.

1. pkondz

pkondz . . Dis Dad #797 . . Hoping to get lucky

[​IMG]

Cinderella's Fella likes this.
  2. Steppesister

Steppesister DIS Veteran

Did you find Vladamir??

It's your duty.

:rotfl::lmao:

Did you even listen to the words? When we smile everyone is going to get along, live harmoniously, and share their candy. You know... be friends.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Or get lice...

I'd not seen her! Cool!

Cutest TTA photo ever.

er... the right hand side anyway.

#lifegoals

You sure it's not your knees and other places feeling the fullness of 40+?

Oh please! It was hypoglycemia from no Dole Whip in too long.

So all in all, a sweet victory.

How could he not!?

You do realize that you probably, at that very moment in time, made his a lifelong WDW fan, right?

I really like that shot. Unique perspective!
    Holy crap! :worship::worship::worship:

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Terra Nova guy

Terra Nova guy DIS Dad #811 Newfoundland, Canada

I could handle that.

Oh phew, they didn't take it down or replace it with a crane.
    I like the urban myth that they can take down the castle for a hurricane. I also like the myths about the Shawn/Dolphin (I can't remember which one), that the black square was supposed to be a monorail station, and in Epcot the middle circle of the "Inventions" (outside The Land pavilion) marks the center of Walt Disney World. I'm sure there are others, but they make me smile. I may have perpetuated a couple of these with my girls over the years.

sebastian surprise.gif

That. Sounds. Wicked!

Well...yeah...but it does have a drunk hippo.

Hmm...funny. That's kind of what I looked like when we sent the girls off on their own and DW and I proceeded into the Big Top to buy treats just for us. :laughing:

A very plausible theory.
    I managed to get DD on this when she was 3. It was her first roller coaster. It did not go well. No tears or tantrum in the line or getting on the ride. On the downside of the first hill...the screaming started, and not the good kind.

Those Incredibles trucks seemed to fall a bit flat. I saw them a few times. I really didn't notice many people paying much attention.

It's a great ride. I also ways liked it. Yeah, good for Disney nerds too I guess.

I can feel them shaking in terror.

You and I sound much alike. I remember looking up the secret targets before my trip. Of course as I get older my memory retention gets worse. I remembered none of it.
    We were talking about Winnie the Pooh, right?

Oh man...you just beat me...I had 308,600. Honestly, the only target I could really remember was the robots left hand. I still can't figure out how to aim that little red dot though.

Ditto. And the wind was blowing. And it was snowing. And we were walking uphill barefoot.

Great! I couldn't get DD on it at that age. In fact this past trip was the first time she went on it...at age 11.

Amazing. I'm truly impressed. She has a gift.

My family has gone on almost every trip. It's not fancy, but it's reliable, decent food, and it's at a reasonable price for a sit down place.

5. piglet1979

piglet1979 DIS Veteran

You are a better parent then me. If it was a ride I would go on, they were going on it. They didn't have a choice. They were 4 and 5 at the time. In fact over the years I had to be the brave on and go on rides I thought I would never go on. DD won't ride anything without me. That meant I had to go on Splash and Space Mountain. I like Splash Mountain now. I hate the drop but deal with it for the rest of the ride. Space well that is a different story. I hate it. I faked being sick to get DD to ride with DS and DH. It worked.

Your daughter is a great artist.

6. SoccerDogWithEars

SoccerDogWithEars DIS Veteran

No. His natural reaction to pain is anger, so at that point he decided it was a stupid toy and who needed it.

Realityland by David Koenig. By far the best book I've ever read about anything Disney. Highly, HIGHLY recommend.

I think that's what I picture Heaven being like.

I mean, you saw the picture of my husband.

As much I like it in its original form, I could get behind this.

But really, does anyone on the boards not like the Peoplemover?

I have to be the one to aim. Otherwise I'm never aimed where I want to be. I got up to about 875,000 our last trip, but could never quite reach Galactic Hero. Well, ok, I did once but the ride stopped so I don't count it.

What's funny is the Disneyland version the cannons are on a string, but I am so much worse on that version. Apparently I need my red dot with a limited range of motion :rotfl:

Wow. :eek:

7. Stasieki

Stasieki DIS Veteran

Great update! We haven't tried The Plaza yet either. Love the fact the milkshakes are bottomless.

8. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

I mean, at least show it in focus!

I remember the first time my parents let me wander off there. It was magical.

The important thing is: I won! :woohoo:

That's good to hear. I hadn't heard that they had gone back to the fun, but that was the main draw there.

Thanks!

The meal was fine. It didn't blow us away, but it was decent comfort food.

StarWarsMomofGirls! likes this.
  9. Captain_Oblivious

That's part of the fun!

Yeah...I have no willpower.

Mmm....Dole Whips...

Because I'd end up weighing 400 lbs.!

Took us a while, but we did find it.

All day, every day.

I have no idea where they get that from.

:sad1: Time to start a new one.

I remember you mentioning that in a previous TR. It is a great idea!:thumbsup2

It's really not all that annoying. It's really not all that annoying. It's really not all that annoying.

Do you travel at ludicrous speed?

In that ride, though, the song would help fuel your rage as you mowed down the targets.

Maybe they need a digital print.

Can't go wrong with slapstick.

And produces more everywhere else.

They knew the plan, and they were SO looking forward to that part.

It is a wonderful thing as a teenager.

There it is!

About as close as I'll ever get to it.

Maybe we should check again, just to be sure.

I'm running out to buy a lottery ticket right now!

One of the best parts of the movie!

We got better as the week went along.

You can do it right up to the point where Disney Security wants to have a word with you.

He makes it cuter. No one wants to look at my feet.

Poor guys. Hope they made it out ok.

Mild-mannered by day...downright slothful at night.

Hang on, I'm getting there.

How do you forget? It's like a way of life for me.

That's it, verbatim!

No way. It's mine!

It's what I do.

:lmao::rotfl2: Don't think anyone actually saw that one.

::yes::

I can usually figure it out, but it sometimes gets confusing.

Quit stealing my lines!

:headache:

I won, that's the important thing.

Wow, now I need two lottery tickets. But thanks!

Not at all. Might have been holding Mommy's hand.

Thank goodness. I hadn't heard that, but it was the appeal of the place.

Get a milkshake!

:rotfl2: Ask for help.

I doubt the server cares. He's probably making close to minimum wage anyway. Anyway, no, he didn't stop me, and I wasn't exactly hiding it.

Truth.

She does love her french fries.

But not a bad review, either. It was decent.

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree. This one is much more boring!

:faint:

Stay tuned for Drew vs. Test Track...

10. GoofyFan1515

GoofyFan1515 DIS Dad #174

Aren't we all......? :rolleyes1

Okay. ....I can still feel welcome then.

And they still let you in? :scared1:

Uh huh o_O

Seems like it's been that way for a while now

Sad really:sad2:

In my best Darth Vader voice...... Impressive! :darth:

Hope Ken made it for you! That burger is on my again soon list.

11. Captain_Oblivious

It's such a wonderful feeling to know I'm not going to be forced to get on that ride!

Stay tuned for the further adventures of Drew...

I remember riding the skyway at WDW as a kid. It's interesting that they're sort of bringing it back after all these years.

Don't worry, we'll get better at the ride photos later on.

It was a big sigh of relief when he said he liked it.

I said I shared it. I didn't say I shared it willingly.

I think that particular expression is due to having walked roughly 6 miles in 90-degree heat during the day! :rotfl2:

And all with a crayon, too!

Well...that seems a bit harsh. Hey, look, an exploding helicopter!

12. Captain_Oblivious

Well, we found his poster. Does that count?

Why did the hero flush the toilet?

Because it was his duty.

I was on board with this right up to the "sharing my candy" part. :rotfl2:

Here's one of the few upsides of going bald!:woohoo:

We were kind of like, "Hey, look! It's Edna Mode." Then we went to get on another ride.

No one wants to see my feet.

I am an old, old man.

I was watching Sarah's field hockey game the other day, and when it was over I asked, "Are you feeling ok?" She said,"Yeah, why?" I said, "Because it looked like you were going half-speed out there."

Fast-forward a couple of weeks, and I was playing soccer with some co-workers. After 3 minutes, I was totally winded. Gasping for breath. I went home, found Sarah, and said, "I'm so, so sorry. I will never question you again." :rotfl2::rotfl:

Thank goodness I got a milkshake with dinner!

I mean, yeah. Because I won.

::yes:: All in all, it was a successful day.

Thank you!

She is amazing.

I think most of us would like to try.

I hadn't heard the one about the monorail station in the Swan/Dolphin before. There really are some fascinating stories out there.

Leave it to the DIS Dads to fix the ride!

That's not worth the other 10 interminable minutes.

:rolleyes1 I would never admit to that...

:scared1: You never know what's going to set them off.

Yeah, to be honest, I didn't pay much attention, either. We acknowledged it was there and then headed to the next ride.

:thumbsup2

The horror! We barely escaped with our lives!

Another one that would be improved with laser cannons...

That one is harder than it seems. For some reason, the vehicle keeps wanting to turn back to the center, so I'm constantly trying to adjust position with one hand and aim/shoot with the other. I always think I should hit that target more than I actually do.

With 50-lb. bags on our backs!

Better late than never!

I mean...she just did that with a crayon.

It's burgers and shakes. You could do much worse.

13. Captain_Oblivious

Well, stay tuned. Our strategy with Drew will change as we go.

I'm not a big fan of drops, either. Splash Mountain makes me cringe a bit. I did Tower of Terror once, and...am not in a hurry to get on it again.

Thanks! I think so, too!

Yeah! Stupid toy.

Never heard of that one. I'll have to look for it.

They also serve Philly cheesesteaks there.

I think he and I would get along.

I don't think it's even a contest!

:confused3

I was back to try again later in the trip. We shall see...

I hate the strings on TSM! It makes my wrist hurt after a while.

I mean, you can't go wrong with unlimited ice cream.

14. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

Way to go Drew! I think that he did an excellent on his first park of his first trip to Disney World even if he did back out of a ride on Barnstormer. I can remember the first time we set our kids free in the park by themselves. They had that "see ya later suckas" look on their faces. It's been quite a few years since we have been to The Plaza but our previous meals there have always been great.

15. Captain_Oblivious

Hey, I'm as surprised as anyone else.

It's all her fault!

That's a bummer.

Well, there's hope. A couple of others commented that they've brought back the shenanigans. Maybe they saw the error of their ways. Or the number of people who, like us, canceled their reservations.

I agree!

I think it's cool that you have such a personal connection there.

16. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Was this their first time venturing off on their own at Disney? It sure is a different experience when your kids are old enough to do that.

I think you're right about that.

Yeah, that's as far as James got, the first time we tried to take him on Haunted Mansion. Judy had to take him out the chicken exit as soon as those Stretching Room doors opened.

I did not know that. Hmmm.

<in Vader voice> Impressive! :darth:

17. pkondz

pkondz . . Dis Dad #797 . . Hoping to get lucky

For who?????

Said every man... everywhere.

Nope. Calories don't count at Disney.

Their mother, of course.

#lifegoals

::yes:: And a life saver.

Nope. Not at all.

Actually..... yes.

I thought about putting targets on the speakers. And if you hit one, the music would stop.

But then the place would be completely silent all the time.

So... do it.

:eek:

ew

I bet!

yes! You should try harder.

Good luck!

That'll jinx it.

Nah. It's Disney. You can do anything you want. It's a rule.

:laughing:

I get caught up in trying to figure out which dot is mine.

And yet Universal made an entire attraction out of it. Can't figure that one out.

:laughing: Awww...

Certainly wasn't the food which was only "pretty good".

Well, Elle is lactose intolerant so won't be able to share.

So yes. Definitely will.

Who doesn't?

Looking forward to that, actually. :)

What? Where????

18. SoccerDogWithEars

SoccerDogWithEars DIS Veteran

I only found it on Amazon in a hardback when I bought it. But it was worth every penny.

Eh....ok?

This is where we're matched. I can whoop Joe on Buzz all day every day. But he beats me on TSM because I just can't keep up that motion. Meanwhile he's got forearms like Ahnold.

19. Pluto0809

Pluto0809 DIS Veteran

No problem with me! I pretty much listen to Disney music 24/7 and that includes IASW. I had a boss a few years ago who absolutely hated that song and every time she came into my office it would be playing. It became quite the running joke.

Absolutely. If this isn't a law it should be one.

This drives me nuts too. The worse though is when there is no time at all on the board. This happened to us as we were rushing a bit to get to an ADR and I was in panic mode with no bus time.

Well, that is until you get pulled for the metal detector and have to take everything out of your pockets.

I was just thinking how much I liked everyone's t-shirts.

:rotfl2: Awesome photo! I think you need to make a point to recreate this one every time you go now.

Huh! Very cool. I never knew that, I'll have to pay closer attention next time I ride.

Yay! Glad he did well on the rides (other than Barnstormer).

:rotfl:Of course this is a favorite of mine. I even ride it multiple times some trips. It was one of my very first Disney rides way back in 1975 so I think there's a strong nostalgia factor for me.

I found this to be a problem last week. Even FOP seemed a tiny bit dull and cloudy to me. I think they need to change out the glasses more often or maybe find a better way to clean them.

Or all the accumulated sweat of the 100 or so people that tried it on before you.

Total accurate description of me.

Nope, not cheating. I just call it laziness on the part of those that don't take the time to look up the information. My husband did refuse to ride with me last week because he says I cheat but he's just mad because I won't share my secrets. I've actually maxed out the score three or four times but most of those have been when the ride has stopped in front of a high value target. A couple of hints I can give you (you may know these if you read online so please ignore if that's the case). One, always keep the trigger pushed on your gun. Even if you don't hit something it will give you 100 points every few shots. Two, aim close before aiming far. I find it easier to hit a close target and then slowly follow the red dot up and out to the farther away targets. The farther away a target, the more points it gives you.

I can report after eating there last Friday that the antics are alive and well. My brother was a bit annoyed with me because I told him the antics were gone when the weren't. There was the usual ketchup shenanigans (including a CM running around in a ketchup costume), large drinks and CMs running around acting crazy.

Wow! That's amazing, she has real talent.

I love the Plaza but that's because I have simple tastes. I think it's one of the least expensive TS options too.

20. Steppesister

Steppesister DIS Veteran

Oh sure! He's a slippery guy.

Oh man, that just never gets old. That whole movie cracks me up.

That's where it all falls apart. Where are you hiding the super secret parent stash of Drew's haul this year?

So, kinda like I did with the Muppet show thingy in Liberty Square.

Buahahaaha! Poned.

Yes, but did you remember 2nd desserts?

21. QueenJen

QueenJen Mouseketeer

I forgot - was the Guardian of the Galaxy ride open when you visited DCA? Did you ride it? If not, you need to - you'll love it. :rolleyes1