This Trip Report Is Under Refurbishment For Your Future Enjoyment (UPDATED 9/13 with final bonus chapter)

Baymax is one of Joe's favorite characters, so on our honeymoon of course we had to meet him. Then they went through a whole spiel about no pins, sharp objects, etc., and I was terrified that somehow some way I would be the person to pop Baymax. So our photo ended up looking like this:

open
45864718_10161263296605232_3130718128682565632_n.jpg

:lmao:

It is north. You're just way north.

No way!

way...

This may come as a shock to you, but I’m going to share a secret: we’re all nerds.
Mind. Blown.

I actually like that about you guys. Sadly, I am the only nerd in my family. It means I don't get to do nerdy things - like Launch bay - on my vacations.

Once the park was opened, we walked with every single person who was present at Epcot at that moment over to get in the line for Test Track.

This was due to the ever-popular Tier system for Fast Passes.
Yes, I also did the Test track stampede one morning, also due to the FP system - with non-nerds and girls in my family, Test Track gets knocked down to third after Soarin' and FEA for a FP. And there just wasn't 3 FP days to burn at Epcot.
The fact they have also added the Character Spot to the tiers is insane.

Did we tell him how fast it went? Of course not.
Deception: one of the pillars of parenting.

My only requirement was that the car use a plasma burner for an engine. Because any time you can make a car use rocket fuel, you gotta do it. Environment, Schmironment.
I really feel you should have received some sort of honourable mention award for having an efficiency score of only 26. I didn't know it went that low.

So that’s two “big” rides conquered for Drew. Not too shabby. Test Track is still a great ride. Originally, I was not a fan of the change from the more straight-forward car test story to the Tron effects. I felt like the story behind the ride was lost a bit. But after riding again, I have to admit that the car design portion is a great addition and a lot of fun, and the kids had a blast with it. So overall it’s a wash for me. I think it’s the best ride in Epcot.
My thoughts exactly. I miss the crash test dummy story of the original. But the car design is fun.
Imagine if they had left the story of the original ride - with maybe a couple enhancements - but added the car design. That would have been good.

This turned out to be a great move for him due to the sheer number of Hidden Mickeys available to find along the ride. He had a lot of fun finding them and pointing them out to us.
Those are fun. I think I remember seeing a rather rare hidden Minnie as well - in the same circular tanks as the Mickey in your picture.

Strike Three: I don’t know all of the technical aspects of filming, but I know the old version didn’t seem to have any issues with being projected on a massive curved screen. The new version, however, makes everything look bow-shaped (I’m assuming that’s unless you’re sitting dead-center in the room).
For my first ride on the new Soarin', I was lucky enough to fluke into row B1 - dead center at the top. I did enjoy it. Later in the trip I rode again way on the left side on the bottom row. The distortion definitely takes away from the experience. It's like they forgot the ride would be on a giant round screen. If that wasn't an issue for the first version, why is it an issue in this one?

Here’s an obligatory monorail/pond/Spaceship Earth shot, just because I like it.
Glad you put that in. I think it's somewhere in the trip report guidelines too.
*makes mental note to add Spaceship Earth/monorail picture to own trip report*

Yes, I understand that everyone is a kid again at Disney, but still...I feel weird getting in line to "meet" a character unless my kids are with me.
I have never done a character meet without kids. I would feel awkward too.
Maybe partly the reason I felt great draw to get into Launch Bay. I knew if I did get in, I would meet Kylo Ren or Chewbacca myself, so no real desire to do that.

So I got the generic animation. I can only assume that I was so hideous, I broke the camera.
Seems there's trouble with that ride photo lately. I got only half a face. made for an interesting animation.

but I’m going to share a secret: we’re all nerds.

Shocking!

we walked with every single person who was present at Epcot at that moment over to get in the line for Test Track.

So all was going according to plan.

ever-popular Tier system

not

I do understand the idea that everyone gets a chance to ride the headliner rides. But unlike the paper FP system, where I could get multiple rides on the headliners if I was willing to go make a run for the tickets, the current system ensures that you will get one (1) and only one (1) ride on the best ride in the park each day. Unless you’re willing to stand in a 90-minute (or longer) line to ride it again, which I am not.

This is an entirely accurate explanation.

Sadly.

all of the kids were fully engaged.

Mission accomplished!!!

Because any time you can make a car use rocket fuel, you gotta do it. Environment, Schmironment.

This is the corollary to Diet Schmiet.

but this car was so fast you couldn’t even capture it in focus on the computer screen.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Perfection!!

Originally, I was not a fan of the change from the more straight-forward car test story to the Tron effects. I felt like the story behind the ride was lost a bit. But after riding again, I have to admit that the car design portion is a great addition and a lot of fun, and the kids had a blast with it. So overall it’s a wash for me. I think it’s the best ride in Epcot.

I was the same the way. Liked the original but this one is okay. I can live with it.

We walked across Future World to the Land pavilion. I know this because it’s the next photo in my album.

Good to know there are others who TR like me.

It wasn’t quite time for our Soarin’ FP yet, so we hopped in line for The Slow Boat Tour Of The Place Where We Grow All Of The Vegetables You End Up Shoving To The Side Of Your Plate And Eventually Throwing In The Trash In All Of Our Restaurants (also known as Living With The Land).

:rotfl2:

:sad2:

The good news: Drew had a great time. Yet another conquest!

:banana:

By the time we left the ride, the kids had already re-named the Eiffel Tower as the Scoliosis Tower.

Ok, that's funny! Now that Sarah is done with her surgery. I'm glad you can find some humor in it.

This is seriously the best looking car I have seen on the trip reports! Amazingly original. I love its

Thanks! That was all Andrew. He had a lot of fun with it.

Yeah, the bending is pretty bad and it really kind of takes you out of the moment.

I find it amazing that nobody at Disney considered that when putting the new version together.

I love it!

It's so hard to get 6 people to smile at once!

I can't believe how much time was left for modifications!

Scott had a clear vision for his Batmoblie.

Love it - very unique

That describes Drew, too!

How cool - an entire vehicle for the Oblivious family!

I guess that's one upside of a family of 6!

"up north"....

It's all relative, isn't it?

This is very wise.

Homer just has so much wisdom to offer, on just about any subject.

1. I'm surprised it's everyone's fave.
2. I'm not surprised your all nerds.
3. Being all nerds... I'm envious of you.

It is nice to have that in common.

Yes... which is why I find the FW part of Epcot so... disappointing. I sure hope they can put some of the wonder back into it with the massive refurb that's coming.

So I mentioned the part about Epcot being our favorite in order to set up our impressions of it this time around. We have always really enjoyed it in the past--I loved Test Track, Soarin' and Mission: Space. The kids loved the spy missions in World Showcase. Spaceship Earth and Turtle Talk were keepers too. There was always enough to keep us busy for 2 solid days there. And, I thought Jeff put it really well in his TR: we love the idea of Epcot. I even loved the old rides--Horizons was a big favorite of mine.

I'll get into it more later, but on this trip we really felt like the coming refurb was necessary.

Are you sure about that?

Not in the least.

Incorrect. There are still a fairly healthy portion who run to Soarin' first. Because they want to ride it twice and will use TT's single rider line later.

After riding Soarin' once, I didn't feel like I needed another go.

Oh? I'm not sure? Maybe? Pretty sure I've always designed a car... and I don't think I've gone on it without a FP...

Could be. I have not done TT with a FP (since the new version opened).

Yeah... I get the whole "FP means you don't stand in line", but... wouldn't it be nice if you could do, say,
2 FPs for TT and one for Soarin'?

YES! Really, those are the only FP-worthy rides in the park. And I'm ambivalent on Soarin' now.

Hadn't heard of that. And am very skeptical. It could be that they lucked out because someone changed at about the same time? Maybe?

Could be. Like I said, I didn't get any luck with that. I think maybe it applies to non-peak times of year. Or people are just blowing smoke.

Phew! Had me worried there for a sec.

Us too, when we first arrived.

:laughing: He is a boy after all!

::yes::

Oh? This is not particularly effective parenting Mark.
If I may make a gently worded, non-judgmental suggestion here...

Lie to him.

That works wonders.

What could possibly go wrong? I'll have to try it.

::yes:: No way you wouldn't do that IRL.

Exactly.

:laughing:
I like it! Bet it won at least one round.

He ended up with a pretty good score!

6I5KUYBgdEs8kal5265BcmQqdOt3vLafiu_wdLNrGctK3bnW-0GHEIqmW3ouFjqKkbCGbEql5JGmxsuLhtTs9A31FEfnIe5xUw71V6xjIHIt0j-Cfmum87_GNJOgKafEio0PWxS86vXtUgiXW5oxxJY7Ovs8XuRlycsbf5Qhs9lUrgPQ3189xgttNch0nEkGDkr7pq28UJX4fJC5ehbnYpLgKxkrFYDKUqOHGqCsYNkPFIU7lggehCNC8wAIFGZbxVT-OxN0gHLM1zaBc6glOegZLvbw4Ttt1MJgcUXcFgvmQ1-Xr_tKkDcwS6DnPpiQgM9GRvkOKFi7lRTijA-DfrvDSBJG7XGPD5ilXrZ8b8a0HRxT-8pKxiQtU68XQile2mMQxfID5wbu1CnW8hozn8Q_D6o4w9f2JpHT6rqfZHaYyXlC2FDMNdrM1kt0QNr9tJDuw7b-MHmVimhVXo5goW2AX0UuYQt0lc2gvN7_No1GR_LLs6O-V6pAaIYhEGJFdstkO7Aeq08i_OkPUex9MpClAAPFP5TT4aQSx7ThReg5hKBTOaztzSQS1uYXSAOvq-OadKCmq-Y75mRPlMdSm8ivZjBPCxieWnV5DeiehuIx168rGypmVI1Joxf8wVQNPLcZFxKheaWhmM6hz9EI8HaYcQvUruv8UREuJ4Q0MCSS=w1112-h835-no

Great!

Now you can stop lying to him.

About this ride, anyway.

Frame that for his collection of memories of the first trip to Disney.

It's a beautiful family moment, isn't it?

Agreed. And people get super competitive with it. I don't, since I don't really know what I'm doing. I'd have to do it much more often.

Agreed. I don't really know how anything affects the score. My criteria for designing the car is, "Does it look cool?"

Hmmm.... Can't say that I disagree with you. Soarin', the old version was a contender. Now... unless you're smack in the middle... not close.

That was such a let-down. I really loved the old Soarin'.

I'll hang with the obviously more intelligent kids.

I'm sure speed is a wonderful thing, but I've really grown to appreciate the practicality of a good truck.

This becomes problematic when talking about it on the DIS.

"So we rode SBTotPWWGAotVYEUSttSoYPaETitTiAoOR and it was really a nice break."

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I wish there'd been actual film footage. It would have made it soooo much better. Movement would've been better as well as the actual footage. Those fake polar bears drive me nuts!

I know they actually filmed the sites themselves. Then I guess the CGI animals were added later. But after hitting it out of the park with the first ride, I can't believe they forgot the movement that actually makes the illusion work.

Yep. You have to ask for dead center (and I prefer top.. no feet dangling) even if it means waiting a bit longer. You just... have to.

I really would love to know why the old version never had this problem.

Yeah... I remember the Eiffel Tower especially... and the Taj Mahal looked... awful.

Those were two of many. Bring back the orange groves!
OMG. Did they really?

::yes:: We were all laughing at that one.

"choking down"? Don't you mean "Devouring our hand held ambrosia"?

No. No, I don't.

Me neither.
I've done a few for the TR, but...

At least those paid off with gag photos. Otherwise, I can't think of any reason to do character greets if you don't have kids with you.

Yeah... It's not like you're meeting... say Johnny Depp.
And even then.. I've never been blinded by that sort of thing. Or wanted autographs.

Right. I could see maybe doing a photo to prove you met someone. But I'd be just as inclined to leave them alone, figuring they probably don't want to be bothered.

Yep. I will do it for the kids too. But for the most part they weren't interested either.

My kids loved it at Drew's age. And some of the characters were great with them. But now...we're all there for the rides.

Only one coal incident?

huh.

bit surprised.

One that I'll admit to, anyway.

Is there a child in this photo?

Uh...I think?

It has. Hope the coming refurb doesn't change it too much. Wonder if they'll change the narrator again?
Nooo! I don't want to not thank the Phoenicians!

I'm with you! This one is a classic! Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind if the new version is really cool.

I wonder if the software just doesn't recognize it, or if there's a human going "nope!"

No idea. I'm guessing software issues, but you never know.

So funny story. I'm not a huge tech geek. My dad is. So most of my life I've had to hear about/read about/spend hours looking at things I don't really care about. One of the worst offenders was Innoventions (back in its glory days). Mom and I would be ready to go explore the countries or ride Test Track, and Dad would be slowly absorbing every little detail about every little exhibit.

Joe is the same as my Dad. So on our first trip to Disney together, with Joe not knowing anything about it....I maybe sort of neglected to mention the existence of Innoventions. Until Joe was flipping through the guide books and saw the Sum of All Thrills. And asked me what it was. And where it was. And why I hadn't mentioned anything about Innoventions before. :rolleyes:

:rotfl2: I have to do this with my mom. Not that she's a tech geek, but she will read every single solitary sign in museums. It would take 9 hours if we let her go.

On our last trip, I was able to successfully do this once. We were in DHS and I managed to snag a FP for Swirling Saucers at the same time as my parents. I tried a couple of other times, but I found that the constant refreshing was taking up my attention, and I'd rather spend time talking to the people I was with. So I stopped trying.

That's another good point. I didn't want to be in my phone for the entire vacation, too. So I resigned myself to one ride on the headliners.

This is one of the places I'm weirdly competitive. I want my car to come in first. But the first trip, I was nice and let Joe design the car. Until I saw the timer start flashing down, and Joe was still ignorantly playing with all the features you could add. I mentioned that he should be finalizing what he wanted. He ignored me. And we ended up with a car with random police lights on top :headache:

I have no idea how you make the design better or worse, so I'd be all about the random police lights! :woohoo:

So in discussing family size, I have always said that I want an even numbered family, because otherwise someone has to sit by themselves on Expedition Everest. I like this argument for 4 kids...you fill an entire Test Track car!
(side note: I mentioned this to Joe. And he pointed out we would also fill a Space Mountain train. I think I'm slowly getting him onboard :rotfl2:)

As Jim Gaffigan once said: "You want to know what it's like having four kids? Imagine you're drowning....and somebody hands you a baby."

I still miss the old version. I think the new one loses some excitement on the indoor portion of the ride. We still quote the old one frequently...I have a habit of after any abrupt driving maneuver saying "And this time with the anti-lock brakes"

The old version told a much clearer story. You knew exactly what was going on the whole time. I appreciated that, and I think the clarity was lost in the new version. But the car design portion is really fun. So I called it a draw.

These are the main issues I have with it as well. Our first time with the new version we were on the complete end of one of the side rows, so it was super distorted. And I'd much rather have real footage of the scenery rather than fake footage of something that doesn't even need to happen.

We're on the same page!

Baymax is one of Joe's favorite characters, so on our honeymoon of course we had to meet him. Then they went through a whole spiel about no pins, sharp objects, etc., and I was terrified that somehow some way I would be the person to pop Baymax. So our photo ended up looking like this:

open
45864718_10161263296605232_3130718128682565632_n.jpg

:rotfl2: It's like he didn't put on deodorant.

It is north. You're just way north.

Way, way, way up north. He's still shoveling last year's snow.

but I’m going to share a secret: we’re all nerds.

:scared1: I would have never guessed. :rotfl:

If I recall correctly, having a FP for Test Track means you get an abbreviated car design experience,

I'm sure that at least 10 people already told you this but since I'm too lazy today to read through all the comments, this is no longer true. When the ride first opened, yes, it was abbreviated. But I'm pretty sure they got some big time complaints because now the FP line connects with the regular line right before you go into the design room. The only line that doesn't get the full experience now is Single Rider.

He decided he was going to try and build the Batmobile.

And I think he accomplished it! Plus a score of 211 (adding up the four numbers on the side) is pretty darn good.

Sarah and Dave teamed up to build a purple sports car of some sort.

I love the color on this one.

Julie let Drew play mad scientist with his car. Ladies and gentlemen, I present….The Jetanero.

But this one definitely wins! I'm bummed you didn't get the scores on this one, I'm guessing it was probably around a 3 or 4. :rotfl2:

All joking aside, I do find the gardens fascinating. Despite being a vegetable-hater, the science side of the farming techniques is fascinating.

Totally agree here. I've even thought about doing the Behind the Seeds tour but they make you eat Cucumbers on the tour. :crazy2: OK, they probably don't make you but I would feel a bit awkward refusing them.

Or, in the case of Drew, a caffeinated mind.

:lmao:Scotty better watch out, Drew is definitely taking over as the class clown of your trip reports.

The bad news: we were all disappointed with the new version.

I agree with you here again. While I still enjoy the ride, it's gone from an absolute must do to if I have time or nothing better to do at the moment. I did wait in line for it in August (40 minute wait time, on in 20 minutes) but that was as much for the air conditioning as it was for the ride itself.

Perfect! Everyone looks so thrilled and happy and—

:rotfl:Again, see my warning above to Scotty.

and this time around it didn’t take my picture. So I got the generic animation.

Unfortunately this seems to happen more and more lately. I think the technology is just outdated and starting to fail a lot. But rumor is that SE is going down for a lengthy rehab so my hope is that it will be fixed then.

Mind. Blown.

I actually like that about you guys. Sadly, I am the only nerd in my family. It means I don't get to do nerdy things - like Launch bay - on my vacations.

:sad1: That's just wrong. I just remind the kids that this family is not a democracy!

Yes, I also did the Test track stampede one morning, also due to the FP system - with non-nerds and girls in my family, Test Track gets knocked down to third after Soarin' and FEA for a FP. And there just wasn't 3 FP days to burn at Epcot.
The fact they have also added the Character Spot to the tiers is insane.

Adding the character spot just speaks to the lack of FP-worthy attractions there.

Deception: one of the pillars of parenting.

I really feel you should have received some sort of honourable mention award for having an efficiency score of only 26. I didn't know it went that low.

Oh, that's nothing. We can beat that.:rolleyes1

My thoughts exactly. I miss the crash test dummy story of the original. But the car design is fun.
Imagine if they had left the story of the original ride - with maybe a couple enhancements - but added the car design. That would have been good.

Then it would be perfect! Interactive and a clear story! But I can live with it as is.

Those are fun. I think I remember seeing a rather rare hidden Minnie as well - in the same circular tanks as the Mickey in your picture.

I think we saw that one as well!

For my first ride on the new Soarin', I was lucky enough to fluke into row B1 - dead center at the top. I did enjoy it. Later in the trip I rode again way on the left side on the bottom row. The distortion definitely takes away from the experience. It's like they forgot the ride would be on a giant round screen. If that wasn't an issue for the first version, why is it an issue in this one?

That's such a good question. I would love to know what made it look like that, and why they didn't consider it.

Glad you put that in. I think it's somewhere in the trip report guidelines too.
*makes mental note to add Spaceship Earth/monorail picture to own trip report*

:thumbsup2

I have never done a character meet without kids. I would feel awkward too.
Maybe partly the reason I felt great draw to get into Launch Bay. I knew if I did get in, I would meet Kylo Ren or Chewbacca myself, so no real desire to do that.

Then you need an idea for a gag photo. Like, bow down before Kylo Ren and join the Dark Side or something.

Seems there's trouble with that ride photo lately. I got only half a face. made for an interesting animation.

At least they got your best side.

Shocking!

Hope you were sitting down!

So all was going according to plan.

Everyone else's plan.

This is an entirely accurate explanation.

Sadly.

I miss being the paper FP runner.

This is the corollary to Diet Schmiet.

I use that one a lot, too!

I was the same the way. Liked the original but this one is okay. I can live with it.

:thumbsup2

Good to know there are others who TR like me.

Taking notes requires too much energy and thought!

Ok, that's funny! Now that Sarah is done with her surgery. I'm glad you can find some humor in it.

Now it's just an experience that informs their jokes!

It is nice to have that in common.

::yes:: I bet!

So I mentioned the part about Epcot being our favorite in order to set up our impressions of it this time around. We have always really enjoyed it in the past--I loved Test Track, Soarin' and Mission: Space. The kids loved the spy missions in World Showcase. Spaceship Earth and Turtle Talk were keepers too. There was always enough to keep us busy for 2 solid days there. And, I thought Jeff put it really well in his TR: we love the idea of Epcot. I even loved the old rides--Horizons was a big favorite of mine.

I'll get into it more later, but on this trip we really felt like the coming refurb was necessary.

It's supposed to be Future World.... not Future World as people in the 70s think it might be.

After riding Soarin' once, I didn't feel like I needed another go.

I'm tellin' ya. Middle.

What could possibly go wrong? I'll have to try it.

It can't miss!

He ended up with a pretty good score!

:laughing: Good for him!

It's a beautiful family moment, isn't it?

Absolutely.

Agreed. I don't really know how anything affects the score. My criteria for designing the car is, "Does it look cool?"

::yes:: :thumbsup2

That was such a let-down. I really loved the old Soarin'.

Me too.

I'm sure speed is a wonderful thing, but I've really grown to appreciate the practicality of a good truck.

Nah. I just need someone I know who owns a good truck.

I know they actually filmed the sites themselves. Then I guess the CGI animals were added later. But after hitting it out of the park with the first ride, I can't believe they forgot the movement that actually makes the illusion work.

Hmmm.. valid point. I'll have to reassess in May.

I really would love to know why the old version never had this problem.

Now that is a very good question!

Bring back the orange groves!

Yes!
And the golf ball.

No. No, I don't.

poop

At least those paid off with gag photos. Otherwise, I can't think of any reason to do character greets if you don't have kids with you.

Correct. At least for me.
I really don't mind others who enjoy it and collect autographs etc.

Right. I could see maybe doing a photo to prove you met someone. But I'd be just as inclined to leave them alone, figuring they probably don't want to be bothered.

Yeah. I guess I'm like "Would I want to be bothered when I'm trying to eat my meal?"

One that I'll admit to, anyway.

Ah!

I'm with you! This one is a classic! Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind if the new version is really cool.

Good point. :)

I miss being the paper FP runner.

Only because it meant more of them.

My kids were always willing but those days are long gone now.

Taking notes requires too much energy and thought!

Heh, I kinda enjoy the downtime while sipping something cold to jot down the most important stuff. Otherwise, it's photos and memory. Perhaps not so coincidentally, my TRs are getting shorter. :rolleyes:

Now it's just an experience that informs their jokes!

It's supposed to be Future World.... not Future World as people in the 70s think it might be.

True. And yet that's a tall order. Technology becomes obsolete so quickly now that if you truly wanted to keep up, you'd be perpetually re-building the park. So I understand why it's not ahead of the times.

I'm tellin' ya. Middle.

It still won't be as good as the old one, though.

Nah. I just need someone I know who owns a good truck.

I've pulled off that bit of mooching many times.

Hmmm.. valid point. I'll have to reassess in May.

Nope, still not sure. Better ride it again...

Now that is a very good question!

:confused3

Yes!
And the golf ball.

One thing jumping out of the screen at you: cute.

Multiple things jumping out of the screen: overkill.

Way ahead of you.

Correct. At least for me.
I really don't mind others who enjoy it and collect autographs etc.

It's fine. I just don't understand it.

Yeah. I guess I'm like "Would I want to be bothered when I'm trying to eat my meal?"

Right. And the answer is always, "No."

Good point. :)

I've learned to always allow for the fact that I might be wrong about something. It happens a lot.

Only because it meant more of them.

My kids were always willing but those days are long gone now.

Darn right! 3 rides on BTMRR > 1 ride on Winnie the Pooh.

Heh, I kinda enjoy the downtime while sipping something cold to jot down the most important stuff. Otherwise, it's photos and memory. Perhaps not so coincidentally, my TRs are getting shorter. :rolleyes:

You have down time? That doesn't exist on our Disney trips.

Perhaps not so coincidentally, I mis-remember a lot of stuff. Hence the exploding helicopters.

True. And yet that's a tall order. Technology becomes obsolete so quickly now that if you truly wanted to keep up, you'd be perpetually re-building the park. So I understand why it's not ahead of the times.

Hmmm... and yet... that coaster simulator that they had in there... forget the name. Something Math related... anyway, that was cool and cutting edge... and fun. Heck, even the Great Piggy Bank Adventure was fun! We laughed all the way through it.

It still won't be as good as the old one, though.

Geez, whadya want? That they should be perpetually re-building the park?

I've pulled off that bit of mooching many times.

;)

Nope, still not sure. Better ride it again...

One thing jumping out of the screen at you: cute.

Multiple things jumping out of the screen: overkill.

Yup. Get that.

I've learned to always allow for the fact that I might be wrong about something. It happens a lot.

No. You're wrong.

So, are you saying you only visit 2 versions of Disney?

Well actually there is another Disney that you probably don't share with Fran and I. It's the part where all the price gauging and such is good. We own a bit of Disney stock, actually a lot less then we did about six months ago. So we like when people buy stuff, we would have liked it a lot more if we didn't have to sell off about half of the stock we owned to finance the renovation of our old apartment, but I suppose I'm glad we had it so we didn't have to go to the poor house. :sad2:

:rotfl: They seem plenty happy to take your credit card as well!

Yes, you're right, they are plenty happy to take our credit cards as well.

To be fair, his Dad is hell-bent on riding stuff, too.:rolleyes1

Well come back to DL and I'll make sure you can do that!

:scared1: It turned into a Tardis!

That is really funny cause it's totally true!

Wow, it's not often I get to spring a Disney tidbit on you!

And now I want to know if that's how it's done in DL and I totally want to ride it next weekend!

Gotcha. Did anything seem fuzzy to you?

No, it never did.

Aw, and here I thought I'd figured out a secret trick.

I'm thinking we would do the same thing if we ever ate there too!

This one? From Disneyland?

::yes:: Yup that's the one!

For several years now, Epcot has been my family’s favorite park.

Intresting, I wouldn't have guessed but from what you said I totally get it.

This may come as a shock to you, but I’m going to share a secret: we’re all nerds.

Well no, this is not a surprise.

Plus, we love to travel, and a Disney World vacation is still ever-so-slightly less expensive than flying six people to Asia, so the World Showcase appeals to our adventurous side. Add them together, and we are the target audience for Epcot. It hits us in both of our sweet spots.

This is why it is my favorite park, but I'm guessing for a different reason.

If I recall correctly, having a FP for Test Track means you get an abbreviated car design experience, and I knew my boys would want the full show.

No, the abbreiated car design is in the single rider line, as long as you have a FP or wait in line you get to design your own car.

By the end of the ride, he was a big fan! Turns out going really fast is a lot of fun, even if you get the Mike Wazowski treatment in the ride photo.

Ha! Even if you hadn't had the arms in the air, you still wouldn't have been able to see Drew so it was lose lose situation! :laughing:

By the time we left the ride, the kids had already re-named the Eiffel Tower as the Scoliosis Tower.

Ouch! :crazy2: Your kids take no prisoners!

I'm sure that at least 10 people already told you this but since I'm too lazy today to read through all the comments, this is no longer true. When the ride first opened, yes, it was abbreviated. But I'm pretty sure they got some big time complaints because now the FP line connects with the regular line right before you go into the design room. The only line that doesn't get the full experience now is Single Rider.

Yes, thanks for correcting me! This is why I had the disclaimer in there, because I knew I might have that one wrong.

And I think he accomplished it! Plus a score of 211 (adding up the four numbers on the side) is pretty darn good.

I was very happy with his score! Scotty did a good job.

I love the color on this one.

Pretty sure Sarah was the driving force behind that one.

But this one definitely wins! I'm bummed you didn't get the scores on this one, I'm guessing it was probably around a 3 or 4. :rotfl2:

I think Drew did pretty well!

Totally agree here. I've even thought about doing the Behind the Seeds tour but they make you eat Cucumbers on the tour. :crazy2: OK, they probably don't make you but I would feel a bit awkward refusing them.

Same here! "Hey, do you have any bacon?"

:lmao:Scotty better watch out, Drew is definitely taking over as the class clown of your trip reports.

I know, right? Scotty's calming down lately.

I agree with you here again. While I still enjoy the ride, it's gone from an absolute must do to if I have time or nothing better to do at the moment. I did wait in line for it in August (40 minute wait time, on in 20 minutes) but that was as much for the air conditioning as it was for the ride itself.

Same here. It was a must-do before, now it's not something worth waiting for.

:rotfl:Again, see my warning above to Scotty.

He'd better pick it up!

Unfortunately this seems to happen more and more lately. I think the technology is just outdated and starting to fail a lot. But rumor is that SE is going down for a lengthy rehab so my hope is that it will be fixed then.

I just hope the ride is still a good one afterwards!

Hmmm... and yet... that coaster simulator that they had in there... forget the name. Something Math related... anyway, that was cool and cutting edge... and fun. Heck, even the Great Piggy Bank Adventure was fun! We laughed all the way through it.

I think the bottom line is that Epcot used to have a lot of attractions that we really enjoyed. Now some are gone and others have been downgraded.

Geez, whadya want? That they should be perpetually re-building the park?

:rotfl2: Sure! It's not my money.

(checks latest increases in ticket prices, hotel rates, food prices, etc.)

Never mind, yes it is.

No. You're wrong.

I knew it!

Well actually there is another Disney that you probably don't share with Fran and I. It's the part where all the price gauging and such is good. We own a bit of Disney stock, actually a lot less then we did about six months ago. So we like when people buy stuff, we would have liked it a lot more if we didn't have to sell off about half of the stock we owned to finance the renovation of our old apartment, but I suppose I'm glad we had it so we didn't have to go to the poor house. :sad2:

I actually do own some Disney stock, but it's not enough where the investment really makes any difference in my day-to-day life. It was a graduation gift from my parents years ago. And I don't share the Wall St. view of the world anyway--I don't see the need to beat last year's earnings every single year. That's the view that leads to the price gouging. I'd rather take the long-term view, that prices and profits and earnings will naturally increase over time. Quality is the best business plan.

Yes, you're right, they are plenty happy to take our credit cards as well.

At least they don't discriminate when price-gouging.

Well come back to DL and I'll make sure you can do that!

Someday, we will!

That is really funny cause it's totally true!

Just a little wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey.

And now I want to know if that's how it's done in DL and I totally want to ride it next weekend!

I'm pretty sure it's the same trick.

I'm thinking we would do the same thing if we ever ate there too!

Can't go wrong with unlimited ice cream.

::yes:: Yup that's the one!

I can barely remember him at that size. I'm getting old.

Intresting, I wouldn't have guessed but from what you said I totally get it.

Feelings change over time, too.

Well no, this is not a surprise.

Aw, man. I was sure I had you guys there.

This is why it is my favorite park, but I'm guessing for a different reason.

Let me guess: the food?

No, the abbreiated car design is in the single rider line, as long as you have a FP or wait in line you get to design your own car.

Thanks for correcting me. I put the disclaimer in there because I wasn't 100% sure on that one.

Ha! Even if you hadn't had the arms in the air, you still wouldn't have been able to see Drew so it was lose lose situation! :laughing:

Pretty much! He didn't want to sit in the front.

Ouch! :crazy2: Your kids take no prisoners!

Hey, we believe in being honest. If we really love something, you'll know it. But we have to call it as we see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter