This may be an obvious question about Disney gift cards but I gotta make sure

The gift cards are also a great way to keep your Disney Visa Rewards Points from expiring. Redeem your points onto your rewards card, then use the card to purchase a Disney gift card. We do this whenever we have a decent amount of points so that we don't have to worry about rolling expiration dates. After a friend lost all her rewards points right before her dream trip to WDW (and could not get them restored back into her account), we learned to be diligent (and paranoid) about redeeming for gift cards!

Visa has actually changed this and your rewards dollars no longer expire. I believe this changed about a year ago.

Too true! But don't feel like the gift cards are "use or lose." Some people end up wasting their gift cards (worst case: actually throwing them out with money left on them!) because they think they won't be any good after their trip. In case you do have a balance on your cards after your trip, see it as a sign that you are destined to return!
Oh my wife already has it planned out. We were talking about how much to put on one and I hypothetically said, "I don't want to end up with $500 left just sitting on the card" and her response was "Do they take it at the Disney Store?"

Select shops (the Crystal shop comes to mind - DD11 loves that shop) don't take gift cards as well.

Select shops (the Crystal shop comes to mind - DD11 loves that shop) don't take gift cards as well.

Yes, this is on Main Street. They do NOT accept Disney gift cards. Thank God I had cash squirreled away in my wallet. I got myself a cute Christmas tree for my desk.

You can use them at Disney restaurants. You can't use them in DTD at non-Disney restaurants. Also, you won't be able to use them at Ghiradellis in DCA.
Really? We just returned from FL and I was able to pay with GC at every establishment I visited in Disney Springs, including Ghirardelli and the local food truck parked on site. I'm surprised Downtown Disney in CA would be different.

Can we use gift cards to purchase park tickets on the website?
Yes you can, but the number of cards you can enter in one tranaction is limited, so make sure to combine them. No limit to number of gift cards used if you call to purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter