• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This makes baking and sugars taste MARVELOUS

pumba

DIS PUMBARIZER
home made vanilla

one pint or quart...or if you cook alot a half gallon of good Vodka

and then add some vanilla beans......two for a pint, three or so for a quart and I have six in my half gallon of vodka....put in a dark cupboard and wait six or so weeks....DELICIOUS.......leave the beans in it and just take out the amount of vanilla you want........My frosting never tasted better :cool1:

I'm trying this one really soon.

Also, if you just leave the beans in for a couple of weeks you end up with vanilla vodka. I'm in an infused vodka state of mind -- going to make some strawberry vodka too.

This is a great way to reuse spent vanilla beans after you have used the seeds. Unfortunately it will never be as strong or vivid as commercially made vanilla.

My favorite thing to do is make vanilla sugar. Just put whole or used beans in a few cups of sugar. Let is sit for 2 weeks. Then you can replace a tablespoon or two of sugar in your recipe with this extremely fragrant vanilla sugar. It is a great way to store your vanilla beans as well.
-Becca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter