"This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things": Aggie Girls Take on the World **UPDATE 07/27**

:laughing: Sorry, can't help but laugh at your Star Wars knowledge. At least you admit you know nothing. :rotfl2: That was Kylo Ren! Anakin's grandson.

Hello! I am following along!

Good to know! I am working on my girls currently!

Oye! And I worry about the girls school classes (they are in 4th & 2nd grade)

Ha! Great photo! All the photos of you ladies are all great. You can tell that you are having a great time.

Sounded like a great day!

I am going to read about your next day next!

Welcome!! Thank you for joining in! Working around school is definitely. When I was really young, my parents didn't worry as school too much, but when I got into high school, we started to do Spring Break every year and I would normally just miss the Friday before or Monday after. Even the one day missed would be so much added stress, though! It's just hard to navigate around school if you're not doing summer.

All caught up!

My girlfriend from college did the college program. She started in sanitation picking up trash in Magic Kingdom. But she ended up driving the safari trucks! I am not sure if she was moved up while she was on the program that first time or if it was the second time. She did the program twice. So, if you don't the first time, there is hope for a second time!

I love the bag you are using! Do you mind me asking where you got it.

Def NOT Anakin... Kylo Ren... ;) He is from the new movies...

Wow, that's awesome! I've heard so many tories like that and it makes me excited to hopefully be participating in the college program one day. I would honestly be happy doing absolutely anything as long as I got to be at Disney!

My bag is a Kavu Rope Sling Bag. They are sold at several sporting goods stores and they have their own website, but I bought mine on Amazon! They're perfect for Disney because they fit all the essentials without being obnoxiously large. And I love slings!

And oh my goodness!! I so knew that would happen! Wow, I really need to watch these movies :faint:

:laughing: Sorry, can't help but laugh at your Star Wars knowledge. At least you admit you know nothing. :rotfl2: That was Kylo Ren! Anakin's grandson.

Yikes! I really should be googling some of these things before I post them. Wow, I'm embarrassed...but definitely not surprised...

I just found your report and I love following along! We live in New Braunfels and my husband is a 3rd generation Aggie!

How do you feel the crowds were during Thanksgiving week?

It is never a rant to talk about missing The Great Movie Ride!
I know change is good but I really long for the old days of Disney/MGM Studios.

I would like to preface this update by giving a public apology for mixing up Anakin and Kylo Ren. :rotfl: I have been informed that there is a big difference. Oops. I promise that watching Star Wars is on my summer bucket list!!

--------------------------

We ended up waking a little late the next day and shoved some muffins and coffee down our throat before we zoomed off to:

EPCOT

We got a lot done during this trip, but my biggest regret is that I felt like we really did not get a ton of time at EPCOT. EPCOT goes through phases of being my favorite park, so I could spend days and days here. We definitely only touched the surface in our couple days here, but we hit the main stuff!

It was double braid day for us girls, because what's a best friends trip without matching in some capacity at least once (no worries---there is more to come)?!

We headed straight to Test Track!! The cars zooming over us legitimately made Olivia and Stefanie scream in fear. I missed getting it on video so we jokingly tried to recreate it, but after about fifteen fake attempts to try and get semi-genuine looking reactions, we realized we had developed an audience and decided to move along...:laughing:

We played Heads Up while we waited. This was honestly the only wait we really had the whole trip, which was impressive for Thanksgiving! I want to say we waited about 45 minutes. The queue is indoors and pretty cool, though, so it really was not that bad!

After Test Track, we headed over to Mousegears to shop for a bit and, then, Club Cool. There was an uninitiated member of our group who had yet to try a certain coke product from Italy. :thumbsup2

We had an early lunch at Teppan Edo so we started working our way back toward World Showcase.

We love Teppan Edo!!! This was our third or fourth time eating here and it's made it's way into our list of "must-dos" for every trip! I got the scallops for the first time and they were soooo good. I think everyone else got the Asakusa: steak and shrimp! I also discovered that I liked Edamame which has been a mystery of my life for nineteen years, so victory there!!

Stef is half-chinese so she's grown up using chopsticks a lot with her family. She made the rest of us look really bad with our lack of chopstick ability!

American Adventure!!!!! One of my favorite attractions. As a typical political science student (and history buff), this show makes me tear up every time. On the other hand...Olive fell asleep. :sad2: If the history alone is not enough, can we take a second to appreciate the Voices of Liberty??? All the heart eyes for them. I was in a show choir in high school that was actually based on the Voices of Liberty!

I told you they only get worse, people.

TO BE CONTINUED

I just found your report and I love following along! We live in New Braunfels and my husband is a 3rd generation Aggie!

How do you feel the crowds were during Thanksgiving week?

Whoa! That's awesome!! We love Schlitterbahn and Gruene and all the touristy things, haha!

The crowds were really not that bad, in our opinion. Now, I will say that we normally go at Spring Break, so it's hard to compare a busy time of the year to another busy time of year. But like I mentioned in my post above, we really never waited more than 45 minutes on anything! Like in any trip, I feel like it's still easy to get everything done by using fastpasses wisely and navigating the parks at the right times of day. Also, the fact that it was not burning up made it feel less crowded and miserable, personally! My family all agrees that we were expecting way worse than we actually experienced.

Love your updates.

Thank you!!

It is never a rant to talk about missing The Great Movie Ride!
I know change is good but I really long for the old days of Disney/MGM Studios.

Exactly. It really is sad!! So many of the changes are good, but still heartbreaking.

Teppen Edo is on my list of restaurants to try. Sounds delicious.

The Voices of Liberty are great. I always try and see them when in Epcot.

We continued to make our way around WS! Like I said, I really regret our lack of time spent in EPCOT. We took a few pictures and ate a couple snacks, but that was pretty much all we got to do back there, which makes me sad. Especially since they had special Christmas snacks in every country and some of them looked SO GOOD. When we were rushing around this time, we said we were going to come back and try some the next day, but we never did. *sad face*

Four of the six of us got funnel cakes at the America pavilion. My family gets funnel cake here every trip. My grandpa comes with us pretty often and he loooooves funnel cake, so we had to get it to commemorate it! There was a looooot of extra.

Stef had to take a picture in China since her dad is Chinese!

Norway is my favorite of the countries, so we had to stop here to meet Anna and Elsa. Unfortunately, we did not get to ride the new Frozen ride. When we were picking fast passes, we had to pick and choose a bit and we decided this was lower on our priority list compared to some others. It's definitely an attraction I want to try next time, but my family is not quite as big of Frozen fans as me, so it was not top of our list. We did get to meet them, though!!

It was the perfect day to wear our double braids! It's funny to be doing this trip report right now and looking at my little stubby braids. My hair has grown so much since November, it's weird.

When I was in high school, I worked for a princess party company, right after Frozen came out. We would visit three or four Chick-fil-As a week and do children's birthday parties every weekend. I always portrayed Anna, so I am reeeeeeal connected to her haha! Also, she's clumsy and real, but still a princess! What more could ya want?

We had fast passes for Magic Kingdom for the late afternoon/evening of our day, so we started to head to the front of the park to catch the monorail to MK! We caught Spaceship Earth on our way out! I love Spaceship Earth because I love history! also, we got stuck on Spaceship earth several trips ago and got to walk out and that was a really cool experience.

We hopped on the monorail & I impressed Stef & Olive with my fluency in Spanish *monorail speech*.

We had immediate fast passes for Jungle Cruise so we headed that way! This is another one of my favorites (and dream jobs)! Riding this so many times and loving it has definitely hindered my experience, though. Some of the skippers just aren't as funny as others and it hurts. But that is a personal problem with setting my standards way too high!! :laughing:

On the other hand, Olive thought that our skipper was just really awkward and unintelligent and did not know that the jokes were a part of the script. She thought he was just supposed to drive the boat and be quiet. So there's that :flower:

This was my first time experiencing the Jingle Cruise, too, so that was cute!!

We did Splash Mountain AGAIN after this! Blake and Olive took the front and Olive claims to this day that they fell in love on in that little log boat. :rolleyes1

We were about to grab dinner, so we did not get any dole whip, sadly. But my friend back home is obsesssssssed, so I had to send him a picture of Aloha Isle for jealousy sake. I'm including it because it may be the only picture on this entire trip report where you can see my eyes!! :rotfl:(You may have noticed that I have a miiiiiinor problem with scrunching my eyes up in pictures.

We grabbed some dinner at Pecos Bill's! Being from Texas and having really good Tex-Mex and authentic mexican food at our fingertips anytime we want, we are a bit picky with mexican food, but we have come to really like Pecos Bill! It's a nice quick-service alternative to burgers and fries.

Then, we had fast passes for Big Thunder, again!! This was the first "rollercoaster" I ever did growing up, so it will always have a special place in my heart. But that queue. DANG, it is hot. :scared:

We trekked across the park to fastpass Space Mountain, next!

I do not know if it's because of how busy we were or what, but it seemed to get so dark so fast this trip. It was weird. We came out of Space Mountain and it was already dark!! Craziness!

Ugh, just look at her. So beautiful.

After swooning over the castle, we took the boat back to Fort Wilderness and called it a night! While we were on the boat, some high school guys in the back of the boat kept trying to airdrop me, Stef, and Olivia random pictures and then erupt into stifled laughter, thinking we did not know it was them. Boys :rolleyes:

We got a lot done during this trip, but my biggest regret is that I felt like we really did not get a ton of time at EPCOT.
I always feel this way. there is just so much that you can explore in EPCOT, it is hard.

41250464435_892c2ab8dd_c.jpg
Too funny.

Abby is on the road for the next several weeks with Pine Cove Camps. We will have to wait for updates when she gets back.

Well, eight weeks later...here we are. My summer job working at camp (with no technology access) got extended a few weeks...thus an even longer delay of finishing this TR! So, I am fully aware that I have most likely lost most interest, BUT for my own sake, I am going to press on and finish this anyway!!

If you're here still here, hello again! And if you're just joining, welcome aboard!

----------------------------------------------------------

The next morning we headed back to:

EPCOT

We had a relatively late start this morning. As I'm writing this, I am realizing how much of Disney wimps we were this trip. Almost NO early mornings, which is very atypical of our family. But I also remembering that we had two people on our trip who were not used to our Disney methods AND were staying up well past midnight either at the parks or studying every night.

We headed straight to Sunshine Seasons for an early lunch. There was a Strawberry Shortcake with my name on it!! Sunshine Seasons will forever be my favorite counter service meal! Mainly because all the desserts :love:

We fast passed Livin' with the Land first! I have no clue what the context of this picture was, other than me getting this peach tea and realizing it was heavy on the peach, light on the tea. Basically a straight squeezed peach. But I'm including it anyway because why not.

Next, we hooped over to our fastness for one of my
favorites--Soarin'!!! This was our first time with the newer video because it had been under renovation on our most prior trip, so we were really excited. I will admit that I miss the orange scent from the Cali reel. That smell is probably in my top three smells ever. But the new video was still breathtaking and beautiful and not disappointing by any account!

After this, we headed over to the Seas with Nemo and Friends! I will forever love this area, just because I love animals so much (marine life included) and any chance to see some dolphins is a win for me!

I will not lie, in our clam-mobile (are they called this in Seas or just in Ariel's Undersea Adventure??), we sang "Not My Dad" from Finding Nemo the Musical on total repeat. Did it annoy our neighbors? Probably. Did I get emotional? Definitely. Did we continue for the rest of the day? Better believe it.

The traditional shark picture that we try to make happen every year, but quickly remember how difficult it is to fit four adult bodies in Bruce's mouth. :upsidedow

We did Turtle Talk which I will forever attribute as one of the cutest uses of technology! At one point, he called on a kid and called her "Mini Mama." Which for some reason, just cracked us up! So, Stef, Olive, and I called each other Mini Mama for the rest of the day (and possibly maybe definitely still call each other that at school...).

We spent a good chunk of time looking all around the Seas because, again, I LOVE IT. The dolphins were being super cute, as usual, and showing of, by just kind of hovering by the glass and doing flips. Every time they would do one, I would call my family over and the dolphin would swim away. Then, my family would walk away and she would be back doing flips. It's like she knew and just wanted to make me look crazy. I probably spent a good twenty minutes sitting by the dolphin tank haha. But #worthit.

---------------------------------------------------

I found a picture I forgot to share on my last post that I felt was necessary.

This is from our second ride on Splash Mountain. It was already a little chilly outside and I really did not want to be wet and cold all day...so I donned my rain jacket. But if y'all don't think I'm serious about staying dry, I am here to prove differently. (Thankfully, Stef joined me.)

Bet you can guess which one is me :flower:

After we finished up in the Seas AKA after Mom and Dad pulled me away from the dolphins, we jumped over to the Disney-Pixar Short Film Festival. I love this a lot!! WHen I was little I used to be scared of Honey, I Shrunk the Audience because of the sneezing dog and the rats that run under your feet. Then, when Captain EO replaced it, I must admit that I was a bit bored. But the Pixar shorts are cute and fresh and pure Disney!

Don't ask me what is happening in this photo. I have no idea.

We introduced the girls to the magic of Figment next. :thumbsup2 You can see from this picture that the opinions were a bit polarized. Granted, this is during the "smell" scene, so I can not really blame Olive's face.

Next we rushed to our fast passes for Mission Space. This was our first time seeing it since the updates, so we were excited. Stef was worried she would get motion sick, so she opted to rest in Starbucks across the way.

And yes, that's us doing green team, because we are self-proclaimed wimps. But also because my dd tells us his horror story about orange team all the time.

Angsty Blake. :cool2:

Overall, not super impressed with the updates. I've never been incredibly enthused by Mission Space, though. I'm sure Orange team is more thrilling and fun, I'm just afraid I would get sick.

We shopped around Mousegears for a while after this! This is probably my favorite store in Disney because its a lot less crazy than the Emporium, but still has most stuff! Stef, Olive, and I really wanted to find a matching t-shirt of some kind! We were a bit rushed, though, because we had an early dining reservation at Ohana (YUM!!!!!!) to get to. So no dice on the t-shirt.

We sped-walked to the monorail and hopped over to the Poly!

The gift shop upstairs has kind of been themed to Moana which we thought was cute! Stef has a deep soul-sister relationship with Moana, so she had to get a picture! Stef even dressed as Moana for Halloween and literally looked exactly like her. Disney, hire her!!!!

Ohana---y'all. We. Love. Ohana. I can not remember the first time we tried it, but I can confidently say that our lives have been changed ever since. Every trip, we say, "let's try some new restaurants!" And we do--except for Ohana. It makes the list every time. I literally have dreams about Ohana when I am at home/school.

We were LOVING the POG juice this time. I even looked up the recipe and made a pitcher every couple of weeks at school this past year.

And, of course, the desserts to rival all desserts.

Can I get an amen, hallelujah?

I can confirm that we quite literally ROLLED out of the Polynesian that night. Man, oh man, do we love Ohana!!

Since we were already on the monorail, we decided to go check out the Grand Flo's Christmas decorations! They did not disappoint, people!

They had a ginormous gingerbread house--that I did not get a picture of??? What???-and it was so beautiful!!!!! We have yet to stay at the Grand Flo, and I'll admit it may be a bit tooooo swanky for me, but I LOVE that lobby. I think I could sit and listen to the piano in there for years and still want more. Good job, Disney.

Mom, Dad, and Blake decided to go back to the room at this point, but us girls were still on a matching shirt hunt and wanted to see MK one more time because we knew we would not have time the next day.

I sent my camera back with my family so I did not have to keep up with it and so I could just enjoy the park without worrying about pictures! But we successfully found a sweatshirt to match in (featured on the next post!) and used a few snack credits at the Confectionery. We took our time going down Main Street and watched a bit of the fireworks. Looking back, I'm sad we didn't persevere and go hard until they kicked us out, but we had an early morning the next morning, so it's probably smart.

We caught the boat back to Fort Wilderness and quietly got ready for bed, so as not to wake the family. We were all happy tired. Ya know--that feeling when you get into bed and just smile because it was such an exhausting and busy, but happy and fun day? That feeling.:flower3:

(Sorry of the strong opinion, but ITTBAB has terrified me my whole life and never won't. In fact, I have never ever sat far enough back in my seat to feel the wasps. I do not like real wasps. Why would I choose to experience fake ones? Sorry but I will just never enjoy this show :laughing: On the other hand, the Pollinators song gets stuck in my head for hours, so that's a fun takeaway, if we're trying really hard to find one??)
Following along...popcorn::

We struggle with ITTBAB. We had a bad experience with our daughter when she was young and never opted to go back on our return visits. Other than that, we love this park as well.

Following along...popcorn::

We struggle with ITTBAB. We had a bad experience with our daughter when she was young and never opted to go back on our return visits. Other than that, we love this park as well.

The effects are just a bit much for little ones. I loop myself into that because it scared me so much as a kid, that fear has stuck with me, haha!

Anyway, thanks for joining in! :welcome:

So happy you are back updating. Hope camp was a great experience.

Thanks for sticking with me!! Camp was incredible!

Loving your report!

I hope you've started to watch Star Wars by now!! My BF made me watch them and I am a total addict!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter