This Is Us- Season two

I loved this episode.

I haven't been moved to tears at all in this entire series, but when Deja recognized Randall at her presentation as her foster father and when she was saying her goodbyes, I was near tears. It was very moving and Deja is a great actress.

I love Jack so much. At the end of last nights episode, when Jack walked up to the room where the whole family was sitting and he looked at each of the kids and then Rebecca and smiled at all of them and then the camera focused on the pacman game that said Game Over, I knew that was preparing us for Jack's demise. I know it's close to his death.

I loved this episode.

I haven't been moved to tears at all in this entire series, but when Deja recognized Randall at her presentation as her foster father and when she was saying her goodbyes, I was near tears. It was very moving and Deja is a great actress.

I love Jack so much. At the end of last nights episode, when Jack walked up to the room where the whole family was sitting and he looked at each of the kids and then Rebecca and smiled at all of them and then the camera focused on the pacman game that said Game Over, I knew that was preparing us for Jack's demise. I know it's close to his death.

My heart also dropped when I saw the "game over."

Nice to see William again and Jack talk a bit about the war.

I gasped again when that little girl was in the car and Kevin was driving crazy thought he was going to be in an accident just before that but too see the girl I thought oh no.
I hope they do talk about Jack's brother. I gasped so much at the child in the car with Kevin that DH asked what was wrong. I was sure there was going to be an accident.

DD is a social worker in foster care so I had to tell her about this episode. She was glad that they showed the social worker in a good light. Shows often do not.

I hope they do talk about Jack's brother. I gasped so much at the child in the car with Kevin that DH asked what was wrong. I was sure there was going to be an accident.

DD is a social worker in foster care so I had to tell her about this episode. She was glad that they showed the social worker in a good light. Shows often do not.

Agreed. Social workers are usually portrayed as being overworked, underpaid, and uncaring because they're burned out by those things. I think the show portrays the whole foster system well--Randall and Beth are truly trying to do the right thing by Deja, even though it's hard for them to walk away. It's an imperfect system, to be sure, but there are unsung heroes who fight the good fight every day.

I liked that they showed William making the decision to not be in Randall's life; that it was his choice to be part of it or not. Along with that he was able to share that decision with Randall before he died. Things came full circle such that Randall had to make that choice for Deja too.

For story, I think they could bring the opportunity to bring Deja back if needed but it wasn't the cliche ending that they fostered her, she came around, and they adopted her. It's showing a different side that they have to let her go too. I did like that perspective

Just watched Randall's episode, it was so good.
Everything put into perspective. I'm wiping away the tears, I love Randall :love:

Anyone else think the way they show Jack fixing the electrical box in each of the 3 episodes, that this is going to be what causes the fire in the house?

Just loved this one.

First, it was hard to concentrate because Milo looked so damn sexy in this episode. I don't know what it was - his hair, his coat, his coat collar :rotfl2::rotfl: but holy!

And I know it's in the subtle parts of writing as well, but boy did Milo play the part of Jack is going soon in a fantastic manner. I realize he obviously doesn't consciously know, but there are real life situations where people give off some kind of feeling/action of going even when it's tragic, I've had that in my life. Some of the looks and lines gave me goosebumps. Sad. So sad.

I sat there and said thank God we are not seeing his death going into the holidays.

Loved seeing William. Continue to miss the anchor of that character. Still kills me how much the younger William looks like the elder.

The scene between Randall and Beth before Deja's presentation, perfection.
P-E-R-F-E-C-T-I-O-N. Kudos to the writers, actors and directors. I just adore Beth. And when Randall took off his glasses, such a tender lovely moment.

To all of you on here that have that kind of marriage and relationship, cherish it. Cherish it through all the struggles of marriage. Go kiss your spouse and thank him or her. :rotfl2: Yes, I'm emotionally out of control. :rotfl: But it's incredibly beautiful to see.

I've said it before but the actors that play Beth and Randall were friends in an acting class years back. The built-in intimacy, it shows! Great casting.

Last edited:
Loved it, as always!

The scene when Deja left was sad but beautiful. I think they ended it well. And I definitely think they'll get the little boy in the teaser scene (and soon - if for no other reason than to prove Beth wrong in the "not tomorrow, maybe..." speech.)

I thought I was sure that both girls were in the car and Kevin was going to have an accident! I'm so glad he didn't, and that now the family will know about his problems and he'll get some help.

And William knowing where Randall was?!? I was absolutely shocked by that one! I wonder if Randall told Rebecca?

At the end of last nights episode, when Jack walked up to the room where the whole family was sitting and he looked at each of the kids and then Rebecca and smiled at all of them and then the camera focused on the pacman game that said Game Over, I knew that was preparing us for Jack's demise. I know it's close to his death.

My heart also dropped when I saw the "game over."

Honestly, I thought in whole different direction there - more like "OK, that crisis is over and we can breathe for a second." I connected it to what he said about not knowing which one he needed to watch at any given moment (like the ghosts in PacMan?) but for the moment, they were all together and he didn't have to worry about them.

I connected it to what he said about not knowing which one he needed to watch at any given moment (like the ghosts in PacMan?) but for the moment, they were all together and he didn't have to worry about them.

Me too, for that scene. An exhale for a father trying to make sure he's covering everyone's bases. What a man.

But I did still feel a knowing in that episode, a quiet one - somehow. Or maybe I'm projecting. But a subtle something.

Deja, I'm not so sure she might not appear - out of the blue - at some point in the future. She's not that far from being an adult. Or maybe I'm just being hopeful because of what they all mean to each other.

I also felt how difficult it is for a social worker. Have to hold so many people's emotions and viewpoints. Always knowing you could be making a huge error but you can only make the best decision in front of your eyes, at the time.

I thought the ending with Deja was brilliant. Full of emotion but simply quietly pulling us. Certainly not a dramatic manipulative pile of emotions, which I absolutely despise.

I loved last night too. I cried when Deja left. Their relationship had grown into something amazing.
And to see William again :-)
Randall had a REALLY bad day though, poor guy!!
But when Kevin showed up, I yelled at Randall. Look at him, he looks like death, you don't think something is wrong????
At least Kevin didn't intend to drive drunk with the kids, thank goodness she snuck in the car and he didn't take off with her knowingly.
I do also agree the electrical panel must mean something, since they made a point of showing it to us in all 3 stories.

Even these posts are making me weepy. What a show. I don't think I've ever experienced one where I felt so many emotions and thought about it for such lengthy periods of time. Parenthood and Friday Night Lights were very good shows, but this one reaches me on a deeper level. In a world filled with so much garbage tv, this show feels like such a gift.

[QUOTE="PollyannaMom, post: 58521100, member: 115757
Honestly, I thought in whole different direction there - more like "OK, that crisis is over and we can breathe for a second." I connected it to what he said about not knowing which one he needed to watch at any given moment (like the ghosts in PacMan?) but for the moment, they were all together and he didn't have to worry about them.[/QUOTE]

Could be. But something about Randall's speech about "sometimes you get the cherries, but the ghosts always catch up to you" or something like that made me think it was foreshadowing.

William William William. I miss him so. I say this every week, but I wish they kept him around a little longer.

Just loved this one.

First, it was hard to concentrate because Milo looked so damn sexy in this episode. I don't know what it was - his hair, his coat, his coat collar :rotfl2::rotfl: but holy!

And I know it's in the subtle parts of writing as well, but boy did Milo play the part of Jack is going soon in a fantastic manner. I realize he obviously doesn't consciously know, but there are real life situations where people give off some kind of feeling/action of going even when it's tragically, I've had that in my life. Some of the looks and lines gave me goosebumps. Sad. So sad.

I sat there and said thank God we are not seeing his death going into the holidays.

Loved seeing William. Continue to miss the anchor of that character. Still kills me how much the younger William looks like the elder.

The scene between Randall and Beth before Deja's presentation, perfection.
P-E-R-F-E-C-T-I-O-N. Kudos to the writers, actors and directors. I just adore Beth. And when Randall took off his glasses, such a tender lovely moment.

To all of you on here that have that kind of marriage and relationship, cherish it. Cherish it through all the struggles of marriage. Go kiss your spouse and thank him or her. :rotfl2: Yes, I'm emotionally out of control. :rotfl: But it's incredibly beautiful to see.

I've said it before but the actors that play Beth and Randall were friends in an acting class years back. The built-in intimacy, it shows! Great casting.
It was the gray/silver in his hair and beard. At least that’s what did it for me.

Deja, I'm not so sure she might not appear - out of the blue - at some point in the future. She's not that far from being an adult. Or maybe I'm just being hopeful because of what they all mean to each other.

I also felt how difficult it is for a social worker. Have to hold so many people's emotions and viewpoints. Always knowing you could be making a huge error but you can only make the best decision in front of your eyes, at the time.

I thought the ending with Deja was brilliant. Full of emotion but simply quietly pulling us. Certainly not a dramatic manipulative pile of emotions, which I absolutely despise.
I thought she was only 13?

I loved last night too. I cried when Deja left. Their relationship had grown into something amazing.
And to see William again :-)
Randall had a REALLY bad day though, poor guy!!
But when Kevin showed up, I yelled at Randall. Look at him, he looks like death, you don't think something is wrong????
At least Kevin didn't intend to drive drunk with the kids, thank goodness she snuck in the car and he didn't take off with her knowingly.
I do also agree the electrical panel must mean something, since they made a point of showing it to us in all 3 stories.
At first I thought the same thing but Randall had a lot of distractions, losing Deja and *just* finding out Kate lost the baby. Many years ago my Dad was on what I call his “I’m Super Man” bender. It made me a mess. I was so caught up in that, literally sick with worry that I didn’t catch on that my sister, someone I’m extremely close with and saw at least a couple times a week was on a bender of her own. It wasn’t until her DH asked me for help that I noticed. I look back now and I see it but back then I was caught up in other things.

Even these posts are making me weepy. What a show. I don't think I've ever experienced one where I felt so many emotions and thought about it for such lengthy periods of time. Parenthood and Friday Night Lights were very good shows, but this one reaches me on a deeper level. In a world filled with so much garbage tv, this show feels like such a gift.
There isn’t a single storyline so far that I haven’t been able to connect to my own life or the people around me. I think that’s what makes it so brilliant.

Honestly, I thought in whole different direction there - more like "OK, that crisis is over and we can breathe for a second." I connected it to what he said about not knowing which one he needed to watch at any given moment (like the ghosts in PacMan?) but for the moment, they were all together and he didn't have to worry about them.
That’s how I saw that scene too.

I thought for Kevin was going to be in an accident and was going to kill Tess.
It looks like that little boy at the adoption agency is pretty cute it looks like that he will be randal and Beth next foster kid
That game over gave me goosebumps.
I just adore Jack. I wish we were losing Rebecca instead.

It was the gray/silver in his hair and beard. At least that’s what did it for me.

I don't know what it was last night but I could not keep my eyes off the man. Maybe you're right, wenrob. Men get so much better with age.

I thought she was only 13?

I didn't really know her age, just that she was a teenager. :goodvibes Simply meant that she's not that far from being able to make her own decisions about who she has in her life. Do not mean moving in with them, just having contact.

I really enjoyed the actress playing her, probably just wishful thinking on my part.

There isn’t a single storyline so far that I haven’t been able to connect to my own life or the people around me. I think that’s what makes it so brilliant.

Yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter