This is Us- Season four

Great episode as always!!

I definitely think we're getting glimpses of problems for Rebeca, and the real nature of Kate's boyfriend.

I'm glad things seem to be working out for Nicky and Cassidy, and I hope Kevin gets to be happy too.

Malik is advocating for Daja just like Randal advocated for his mom.

I'm going to have to watch it again. The cats caught THREE mice during the show. I had to keep starting and stopping and worrying about the baby mice I had to toss out into the snow.

I loved Nicky and Kevin together. I loved Nickys speech to the judge.

Sadly, I think Rebecca is going the alzheimers route and Randall will be hit hard with that. He was always the one to take care of her while Kevin and Kate were off doing other things.

Will be interesting to see Thanksgiving dinner with Nicky and Dejas mom there. Hopefully they don't do the whole Pilgrim Jack thing and toss the yarn around.

So, I just watched again - with DH, this time, and he noticed something else - when Jack and Rebecca are making the bed together over the years, the rooms are always bright - yellow tones, full of sunlight, etc. When she's making it herself, everything is blue.

Just one more place where the people who write/direct this show are really on all the little details.

When you live with someone it is harder to catch the gradual deterioration. Randall doesn’t see Rebecca often so he notices the changes. The fact that Rebecca reacted as she did to Randall’s suggestion she see a doctor shows that she feels something is happening but doesn’t want to admit it. Randall is right, she is defensive.

Yep. I agree with all of this. At home, Miguel & Rebecca are probably just constantly adjusting to the changes as they gradually happen and so Miguel doesn't even realize how bad things have become. (And this will be even more so if Rebecca is purposely trying to hide some of her difficulties or the extent of her difficulties from him.)

Everyone's talking about how it will be Randall taking care of Rebecca, but for right now, at least, Miguel is with her. And last season in the last scene, wasn't she at Kevin's house? So I think there could be help coming from more than one direction as time moves on.

Just saw the episode. It was so good, and loved Nicky's speech in the courtroom. Kevin's connection to Nicky, and seeing his father.... He's been trying to heal himself, and hasn't he been beating himself up since the fire? He wasn't home, and I think he's felt unworthy of his father's love, and maybe that's why he sabotages his relationships. He finally feels that he's done something to make his father proud of him. (I'm missing my parents, especially during this season - every year it happens - so this really made me cry.)

I am thinking Kate and the neighbor might end up in an emotional affair. Since the neighbor has his physical limitations, Kate could think that he has more in common with baby Jack. (if that makes sense) Other than baby Jack, she and Toby are losing their connection. If Toby doesn't feel it, it seems Kate does.
I wonder if the realization - when it happens - is what sends Toby spiraling down into depression. I don't think that's happened yet, right? Where he's laying in bed, unresponsive, and Kate is bringing him something to eat?

These writers have done such an excellent job this season.

Just saw the episode. It was so good, and loved Nicky's speech in the courtroom. Kevin's connection to Nicky, and seeing his father.... He's been trying to heal himself, and hasn't he been beating himself up since the fire? He wasn't home, and I think he's felt unworthy of his father's love, and maybe that's why he sabotages his relationships. He finally feels that he's done something to make his father proud of him. (I'm missing my parents, especially during this season - every year it happens - so this really made me cry.)

I wonder if the realization - when it happens - is what sends Toby spiraling down into depression. I don't think that's happened yet, right? Where he's laying in bed, unresponsive, and Kate is bringing him something to eat?

These writers have done such an excellent job this season.

That scene happened in season 3. That was before baby Jack. Toby quit taking his meds to try and help them get pregnant. But, I can see that happening again if they start to fall apart.

What got me this week was watching Kevin switch images from Jack to Nicky. Very well done.

And I think Miguel might know it is more than "senior moments" but when he confronted Rebecca she snapped back, like she did with Randall. I have a feeling he knows and is trying to figure out how to manage it, or he is in denial. :confused3 (but I am usually very wrong with my assumptions on this show, lol).

and @kimblebee oh that is a punch to the gut you liked that someone sucker punched Sidney Crosby. :( Now if you said they sucker punched Tom Wilson then I'd be onboard. ;) Well, I looked at those scenes as Kevin gave the guy an actual story to tell.

What got me this week was watching Kevin switch images from Jack to Nicky. Very well done.

And I think Miguel might know it is more than "senior moments" but when he confronted Rebecca she snapped back, like she did with Randall. I have a feeling he knows and is trying to figure out how to manage it, or he is in denial. :confused3 (but I am usually very wrong with my assumptions on this show, lol).

and @kimblebee oh that is a punch to the gut you liked that someone sucker punched Sidney Crosby. :( Now if you said they sucker punched Tom Wilson then I'd be onboard. ;) Well, I looked at those scenes as Kevin gave the guy an actual story to tell.

Given his ongoing health issues, it’s not really funny, but any time he’s the butt of a joke, I’m game lol

I think Miguel knows but it covering for Rebecca. Maybe she knows too but it's willing to accept it yet or tell the kids and has asked Miguel not to as well. In a lot of cases the spouse knows but is trying to take care of everything and not worry the children.

Am I the only one thinking "Heck... I lose my phone at least 4 times a day!" (I've never truly lost it, but I set it down in the house and forget where I left it on a regular basis. It's the 21st century equivalent of "where the heck are my keys?!") I can't imagine basing his "maybe you should see a doctor" concern on JUST that. Were there other things that I missed? Randall seemed very focussed on the phone thing.

Am I the only one thinking "Heck... I lose my phone at least 4 times a day!" (I've never truly lost it, but I set it down in the house and forget where I left it on a regular basis. It's the 21st century equivalent of "where the heck are my keys?!") I can't imagine basing his "maybe you should see a doctor" concern on JUST that. Were there other things that I missed? Randall seemed very focussed on the phone thing.

It's not the misplacing it under a pile of papers that worried me about the phone, it was the reliance on documenting "every angle" with it and the fear of losing it. I do think she's having trouble remembering stuff, and using the phone to compensate.

Adding to the phone issues were other little things that alone wouldn't be issues - like calling Randall "congressman" instead of "councilman".

I also think she didn't tell him much about California not because she was so eager to show baby pics, but because she couldn't think of what to tell him.

They may even have been hinting way back when Jack was born and she was writing everything in that notebook, too. (But I didn't think anything of that, because I also tend to write down medical stuff and it's just because get too nervous.)

I feel like the phone and Rebecca's need to take tons of photos with it is maybe showing a progression from when she was taking a lot of written notes last season. She's been showing little signs of being fearful of forgetting things for awhile now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts