This Is Us- Season 3

Totally. I almost feel like I should go back and *star* it out myself. :lmao:

I think it was changed when we moved to this new format. Seemed pretty ironic to have a beloved Disney star that we couldn’t even talk about.

I think it’s pretty obvious that Beth is suffering from anxiety. She’s had to put up with a ton of drama and always been the strong and supportive one. She’s just going to snap soon.

This happens to women/mothers too much. If this story is going in that direction I will be impressed by them taking on such a tough subject.

Guess I’m the first one to post tonight.

This was a really, really good episode. I should have done the live watch/post that I usually do because I forgot everything I wanted to say.

Oh, I like the invention of the word maybe baby and there was another one too lol

This show is being very accurate in portraying Toby and Kate’s relationship. Every conversation they had has been said word for word by my husband and me. His fear that she will leave him was especially painful but 100% on the nose.

I don’t think it’s a good idea for Beth to join the campaign. I think she’s going to get over involved and spend every second she can brainstorming and tracking every little piece of data there is.

I love how Deja described how Randall looks at Beth. These are all very lucky girls. I never really paid attention to the girls until recently. Annie is the sweetest little thing..

eta- it’s funny (not haha funny) that when I heard about the violence in Pittsburgh I did for one second think about the Pearson’s. It’s nice that the show acknowledged it in its final screen.

I also really enjoyed the episode. The show was losing a bit of appeal for me but now I'm back to really enjoying it. Randall is still my favorite character. He is so much like Jack, I feel like I notice it more in every episode. I also really liked seeing Kate realize how strong she is after everything she's been through.

I liked that Kate was seeking advice from Rebecca and that kate was open to receiving Rebecca's answers. Especially when Rebecca told her that she could make decisions and be ok. I was weary of the Rebecca /Kate struggle. Hope the struggles with Toby will help Kate see she can be strong for her family and help her to stop sabotaging herself.

It was good to see Kevin mostly jovial and not struggling with something and helping Randall with his campaign. The necklace story is intriguing.

Nice real interaction with Beth and Deja. Glad to see Deja as a integral member of the family. Sorry that Beth and the girls had a spat. But it shows how Beth is not used to not being in control and on top of her game. I think that's a real representation of what a powerful career woman would struggle with after suddenly losing her job and identity.

A good episode showing the Big 3s struggles with glimpses of Jack's story.

Last edited:
Every single week this show surprises me and makes me happy. My only gripe this time was with the Girl Scout thing, cause I know how you're SUPPOSED to do it and I was irritated they were breaking rules hahahahaha

I loved the episode. I just love Deja. I love what she brings to the show and I hope we see a lot more of her.

LOVED the correlation between Jack talking about boxing and how your opponent smiles when he's nervous. Then we see Randall talking to his opponent and the guy smiles when Randall tells him about getting the Korean vote. Loved how Jack talked about Randalls weapon being his brain.

I am happy Kevin is going to Vietnam. I really hope Jack's brother is alive. I am not crazy about Kevin's girlfriend. She does not seem to care about what Kevin is going through. She tells him to stop obsessing about the picture. Then she disses him when he wants to celebrate with her. She does not seem as into the relationship as he does. Kevin drops everything to celebrate what is important to her, but she does not care about what is important to him.

Every single week this show surprises me and makes me happy. My only gripe this time was with the Girl Scout thing, cause I know how you're SUPPOSED to do it and I was irritated they were breaking rules hahahahaha

LOL, my dh was watching it downstairs on the elliptical, and this is the text I sent him..."that is NOT how cookie sales work!"

I let the cookie ship sail away, despite being doubly surprised they were not only breaking the rules, but breaking the rules when being allowed to depict actual uniforms. What I could not wave away so easily was Randall seemingly have the unilateral ability to register people to vote, let alone the same day he had the idea. How in the heck does that work? Can I simply go out on my lunch hour, sign some people up to vote and take my "paperwork" up to the city clerk's office, easy peasy?

I let the cookie ship sail away, despite being doubly surprised they were not only breaking the rules, but breaking the rules when being allowed to depict actual uniforms. What I could not wave away so easily was Randall seemingly have the unilateral ability to register people to vote, let alone the same day he had the idea. How in the heck does that work? Can I simply go out on my lunch hour, sign some people up to vote and take my "paperwork" up to the city clerk's office, easy peasy?
Yeah, too many things ended up tied up in a perfect little bow in this episode. Definitely one of the weaker ones.

I loved the episode. I just love Deja. I love what she brings to the show and I hope we see a lot more of her.

LOVED the correlation between Jack talking about boxing and how your opponent smiles when he's nervous. Then we see Randall talking to his opponent and the guy smiles when Randall tells him about getting the Korean vote. Loved how Jack talked about Randalls weapon being his brain.

I am happy Kevin is going to Vietnam. I really hope Jack's brother is alive. I am not crazy about Kevin's girlfriend. She does not seem to care about what Kevin is going through. She tells him to stop obsessing about the picture. Then she disses him when he wants to celebrate with her. She does not seem as into the relationship as he does. Kevin drops everything to celebrate what is important to her, but she does not care about what is important to him.
I don't know for as self-absorbed as Kevin is (I like him a lot, but he is pretty all into himself), I think she might be a good match for him. I don't mind her yet. She seems like a strong independent person, but she does seem to be making time for him and following along on his wild chases, even if it is to somewhat benefit her. I'm still holding off on my decision about her lol.

I don't know for as self-absorbed as Kevin is (I like him a lot, but he is pretty all into himself), I think she might be a good match for him. I don't mind her yet. She seems like a strong independent person, but she does seem to be making time for him and following along on his wild chases, even if it is to somewhat benefit her. I'm still holding off on my decision about her lol.

Yeah, I get that. I hope she turns out okay, but I keep thinking of what Beth said about her chewing up and spitting out men for sport. I feel like she is going to Vietnam for her own benefit. She either wants to make a documentary while she's there or she has another motive. She just dismisses his feelings. I didn't like how she shut him down about the photo that is obviously important to him, yet when she tells him she finished her film, he started clapping and making plans to celebrate her. I feel it's one sided. We'll see, maybe Kevin will be good for her and vice versa.

No clues about "her" this week. I don't like the long, drawn out stuff. Just get to it already.

Totally agree. It got to be annoying last year waiting every week to find out how Jack died.

I'm in no rush to know who 'she' is yet. I like that they weave in the past and future in the "This Is Us" journey that we're watching.

I really enjoyed this story and how it's showing Kate's growth, Beth's relationship with her daughters, Kate and Toby, Randall and Beth, Randall and Kevin, Rebecca and Jack, etc. I love the story-telling each week, even when it drags a bit. The faster they wrap up the storylines the faster the series ends. I'm in no hurry since I'm enjoying the ride.

I'm in no rush to know who 'she' is yet. I like that they weave in the past and future in the "This Is Us" journey that we're watching.

I really enjoyed this story and how it's showing Kate's growth, Beth's relationship with her daughters, Kate and Toby, Randall and Beth, Randall and Kevin, Rebecca and Jack, etc. I love the story-telling each week, even when it drags a bit. The faster they wrap up the storylines the faster the series ends. I'm in no hurry since I'm enjoying the ride.

I 100% agree with you. I don’t mind not know who ‘her’ is yet. I just don’t want it to take too long because it will take over the show like Jacks death did. It was like ripping off a bandaid one hair at a time lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!