This Is Us- Season 3

I didn't like it either. I was a child during the Viet Nam war and I had two uncles drafted and over there. I don't know why this episode bored me but I fast forwarded through some of it--I rarely do that. I feel really shallow!

I don't think it's shallow at all. It's just what holds your interest. I wasn't expecting to like the episode as much as I did. I could have easily watched another hour of it.

I'm looking forward to the Toby episode, but I think it's going to be so sad.

I have been too busy to sit and watch this season, and didn't want to watch while I was doing other things. Last night I finally started and caught up.

I think the concern for Kate undergoing the egg retrieval wasn't about the procedure itself, but for a morbidly obese patient undergoing the procedure. I feel like they will have to be safe in how many eggs they implant, particularly in an obese patient, but she will miraculously become pregnant. In spite of the odds in a single IVF cycle being fairly low. Not sure of the exact number, but would guess 20 to 25%?

I still think the "her" is Beth. I just don't see Tess being close enough to any other family member to warrant this drawn out drama.

I have been too busy to sit and watch this season, and didn't want to watch while I was doing other things. Last night I finally started and caught up.

I think the concern for Kate undergoing the egg retrieval wasn't about the procedure itself, but for a morbidly obese patient undergoing the procedure. I feel like they will have to be safe in how many eggs they implant, particularly in an obese patient, but she will miraculously become pregnant. In spite of the odds in a single IVF cycle being fairly low. Not sure of the exact number, but would guess 20 to 25%?

I still think the "her" is Beth. I just don't see Tess being close enough to any other family member to warrant this drawn out drama.

It could be Annie but the Toby part wouldn’t seem to make sense.

We'll see how the show goes tonight, but I still think the "her" is Rebecca. Toby and Kate are separated or divorced and Rebecca is in hospice or something. The family is gathering to say goodbye. They want him to be there, too. It could be how the show wraps up in a couple years, with Rebecca dying.

I didn't like it either. I was a child during the Viet Nam war and I had two uncles drafted and over there. I don't know why this episode bored me but I fast forwarded through some of it--I rarely do that. I feel really shallow!

I didn't care for this episode either. I fast forwarded through the whole thing looking for present day story line.

Looks like I’m first this week. I’m going to do the same that I did last week, watch and jot down my thoughts so skip this post if you haven’t watched this weeks episode yet.

•Ugh, Toby. This episode is going to be hard to get through.

•LOL hoochie hoops

•LOL @Beth ‘well, he was stupid, baby’

•I wonder if it will come back to bite Randall that he doesn’t live in the district he’s running in

•could be trouble in paradise for Kevin and Zoe. No ones good enough for him anyway lol

•is that the dad from the Wonder Years?

•Adele-o-gram

•I want to say something about the racism but I already got points today so I’ll leave the subject alone

•Randall, you’re losing the room.

•I realize now this is going to be a hideously long post..sorry

•I hadn’t heard that Adele song before so went to Google to listen to it. She is otherworldly.

•so Jack was only a mechanic? Wouldn’t he still be in danger? I know that’s not front line but he could have had a bomb dropped on him at any time, I imagine.

•oh

•are we sure Uncle really does in the war? Maybe something happened and they just don’t speak?

•maybe Jack has a second family in Vietnam Nam?!?

Next episode looks good as well

Loved learning more about Toby

I can't image the Jack we know having a family and leaving them behind. I'm going to guess maybe that was his brother girlfriend/wife.

I think Randal will end up winning everyone over. I'm not sure where they are going with Beth story line.

I guess we are about to see the beginning of Miguel and Rebecca romance. I'm not sure if I ready for this.

I was wondering if Jack has a child in Vietnam too when I saw that. Gulp. She had on Jack's necklace that he have to Kevin so I am guessing she was important to Jack.

I think Randall will eventually win the people over, but I'm not sure how LOL! Man they did not like him.

I just love Toby. Loved getting a glimpse of his childhood. I wonder if Kate will lose this child. Hope not.

Why did Beth freak out in the interview? I am curious to see what happens with her as she is usually so confident and sassy. Was strange to see her crumble. We will probably find out next week according to the previews.

My vote is that Beth has early Alzheimer's. Sad every time, but in particular, I like her feisty character, and watching her decline while Randall has to care for her is going to be brutal.

Looks like I’m first this week. I’m going to do the same that I did last week, watch and jot down my thoughts so skip this post if you haven’t watched this weeks episode yet.

•Ugh, Toby. This episode is going to be hard to get through.

•LOL hoochie hoops

•LOL @Beth ‘well, he was stupid, baby’

•I wonder if it will come back to bite Randall that he doesn’t live in the district he’s running in

•could be trouble in paradise for Kevin and Zoe. No ones good enough for him anyway lol

•is that the dad from the Wonder Years?

•Adele-o-gram

•I want to say something about the racism but I already got points today so I’ll leave the subject alone

•Randall, you’re losing the room.

•I realize now this is going to be a hideously long post..sorry

•I hadn’t heard that Adele song before so went to Google to listen to it. She is otherworldly.

•so Jack was only a mechanic? Wouldn’t he still be in danger? I know that’s not front line but he could have had a bomb dropped on him at any time, I imagine.

•oh

•are we sure Uncle really does in the war? Maybe something happened and they just don’t speak?

•maybe Jack has a second family in Vietnam Nam?!?

Next episode looks good as well

To me it sounded like that's what Jack told people when he got home but it wasn't true. He was probably hiding or avoiding ppl knowing he was on the frontline so they didnt worry or ask him about it.

What in the world does Beth’s sadness over losing a job she had forever that was important to her have to do with early Alzheimer’s? That would be without fail the dumbest story line this show has EVER done, bar none.

Agree. I kept seeing this all over Facebook, too. I have no idea how people are jumping to that conclusion.

I think Beth is going to have a breakdown from trying to keep it together for so long. After watching my grandma go though Alzheimer it do not look like this at all. She did not forget anything. She got choked up talking about the company that she worked for for 12 years and sounds like she helped start.

All of my officemates think I am crazy, but my guess for the "her" storyline is that Beth is getting remarried. Lots of weddings take place in hotels. Toby was planning on attending but really doesn't want to face Kate at the wedding so he has to be coaxed down by Randall. Everybody has shut me down here at work because of my wild theories!

And, this is my big question for everybody: Why would they skip over Kate's implantation procedure? Pregnancy would mean a successful implantation and I don't know why they would have skipped over that.

I can't image the Jack we know having a family and leaving them behind. I'm going to guess maybe that was his brother girlfriend/wife.

I was thinking maybe Jack was involved with her, and she gave him the necklace before a campaign or something, but he was sent home before she knew she was pregnant...or maybe even that her village was attacked and he thought she died?

But I like the idea that she was with Nick better! I could definitely see Jack passing his brother's necklace down to Kevin. And if there is a (now grown) child, he or she would be welcomed as a cousin without any of the complicated feelings of finding out Jack had another child.

Why did Beth freak out in the interview? I am curious to see what happens with her as she is usually so confident and sassy. Was strange to see her crumble.

I think partly because she's hurt at being forgotten by her old company, and partly because she was talking about her early career there and wanting to make things better - exactly what Randall is getting to do instead of her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter