This is long.................

luvsmickeymouse

Opt to Adopt!
I think most of you know that I suffer from Depression and Anxiety. I need someone to talk to tonight, and I have no one. First of all I have been going to the same Dr. since moving to NH in 1994. She is very good, she is a PA. Well, when I developed this bad anxiety last May, she referred me to one of the MD's in the same office, she felt as though I was too sick and needed a DR. So I changed and see him now. He is really helping alot. We have developed a good patient -Dr. relationship. About 2 months ago, the PA's medical assistant called and wanted to switch me back to the PA. I said that I had a visit already with the Dr. and then I would talk to him about this switch, so I went in on Monday and talked with him about it, he said to keep seeing him and that I could use her for "woman's things. I said that would be fine and sched. another appointment with him for June. This same medical assistant called me again today wanting to know why I didn't sched. an appointment with the PA . She was very pushy about me changing, I told her that I discussed this with the dr. and he felt that I should keep seeing him, she said, no, I have rescheduled you.

I am very stressed over this. I don't like being told what to do. I talked to my kids and they agree with me that I should keep seeing the DR. I feel so useless because I let that medical assistant talk me out of an appointment. I am going to call back tomorrow and reschedule my original appointment. I dont' like being pushed around. I feel that this is my decision. I am very upset tonight over this. I feel as though I am going to have an anxiety attack. I need to be in control of my life. I let people walk all over me. I am making alot of progress, but something like this, gives me a setback. I am so angry at myself. I know I will feel better tomorrow when I get my original appointment back.

You need to see the person who feels "right" to you. From what I've read, it's the Dr, not the PA. Change your appointment back to the Dr visit. You'll be glad you did, and you'll feel more in control of your own life.

Don't worry. Things will work out. You're intelligent and strong just to be able to explain your feelings to us on the DIS. Good luck to you.

That seems odd that the PA's assisstant would insist that you change. Good for you for standing up to her. You need to do what's right for you. :thumbsup2 :hug:

I agree. You must learn to fight. I don't know what this about--sounds like some territorial crap going on in that office. You know, hearing all this, I would NEVER go back to the PA. Plus the PA is for "simple" stuff. You've got more going on and should be with a doctor.

for all the caring words. I talked to the medical assistant the next day and insisted on seeing the Dr. The Dr. isn't in the office this week, so next week, I am going to call and speak directly to him.

Hugs Kathy...

I am not sure why they would want to switch you.. You talked to the doctor and he was fine with you staying with him, and to use the PA for woman's issues.... first and foremost, I would call and ask to speak to the doctor about what happened to you yesterday and the amount of stress they caused you last night over the insistance that you switch to the PA after you discussed with the doctor that you can remain with him. Who runs the office? I am assuming it belongs to the doctor, it is not an insurance issue?? Here I go immediately blaming the insurance company, but wonder why they would care who you saw unless it was about money and time.

Anyway, you speak up for yourself and take care of you. If this is about office protocol and you got caught in the shuffle, that is just not fair. Hugs. I went to bed early last night, just exhausted, sorry I was not here, but looks like our posters gave you some good advice when you needed it.

Let us know the outcome, please..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter