Delete Thread

I usually shop online. I have had some awkward returns to the store though so I don't like to go there. The manager does not seem to like when things bought online are returned and is kind of a jerk about it.

Online. Of course, derp... didn't think about that! :laughing:
giphy.gif

So definitely BW even though no construction confirmation? I think you'll like it, even though I'm still holding my BW grudge from our 2015 crap stay there! But that was 100% management and not the resort so really no concern for you :) Save the mod stay for a time you can't get a good deluxe deal!

So I haven't updated this in about 2 weeks, mostly because I've been binge watching Twin Peaks. :rotfl:

rvkfwxd-gif.251537

I've been thinking about watching this! I'm hit or miss with crime dramas because I'm pretty squeamish. Is it super graphic? I figured if the original series was from the 90s it wouldn't be too bad...

Lame that you had to work on the 4th of July! (I had to work most of Canada Day here, too.) But it sounds like the concert and the rest of your plans were a lot of fun!

I worked all of 4th of July too :sad: I even worked late because people didn't want to stop shopping at 6. I did watch the Disney live stream though.

I feel your pain. I worked 7-7 on the 4th. My consolation was they paid us triple time (Disney money, right? :laughing:). The worst part was that something integral to our workplace broke around 5pm, and they made us stay. I work at a manufacturing plant, and we literally could not run anything with this piece broken. Not only did I have to stay until 7pm, but they made 2nd/3rd shifts come in and stay all night (my partner got to leave at 1am at least). And then on Wednesday, I was supposed to work another 12 hours, and they made me stay for 9 hours, even though nothing was running. I would have been totally happy having an unpaid day off, especially because we worked this past weekend.

Coincidentally, Wednesday is when I started my imgur account... :scratchin

IPolFIJl.png

I've never seen these before and I need to have one!
Those are adorable!

The shopparks app is dangerous. Not only is it always there, and applies the AP discount, but I was looking through it a few nights ago with Zack's mom, and I let Zack know that we probably needed to increase our souvenir budget so we could outfit our new place. Mostly kitchen things/dinnerware. :rotfl:

Yay for the switch to the Boardwalk. It is sooo convenient to Epcot. I loved being able to walk back and forth and not be at the mercy of Disney Transportation. :)
BTW, Happy birthday again!!

Ooh you have Starship during Eat to the Beat! We will have just missed them. We have...the Baha Men. I'm not going to be rushing to see them. Later in October we have Hanson and Blue October. I wouldn't mind seeing Hanson although I only know that one song, MmmBop, and I think I only know one song by Blue October too, LOL. That's cool you are staying for Plain White Ts though!

I love the Haunted Mansion magic band but since I got the Star Wars one I won't be getting any other special magic bands this year. The Hercules is pretty cool too! As you said it's rare to see anything with Hercules on it!

Ooh you have Starship during Eat to the Beat! We will have just missed them. We have...the Baha Men. I'm not going to be rushing to see them. Later in October we have Hanson and Blue October. I wouldn't mind seeing Hanson although I only know that one song, MmmBop, and I think I only know one song by Blue October too, LOL. That's cool you are staying for Plain White Ts though!

So jealous you get to see Hanson at Epcot! They are my favorite band and I'd love to combine them with my love of Disney! But at least I'm seeing them in October when they are on tour in our area.

But be prepared, people don't realize that they actually are still popular. While they may play smaller venues and don't get as much airtime, they still have a large and dedicated fan base. They also respect the hell out of their fans and have grown up with them, but also recognize that many people still see them as a one hit wonder. So you will find many hardcore Hanson fans at the concerts!

All caught up here! Looking forward to your stay at BW if you end up keeping that ressie. Its on my short list (with BCV) for our 2020 trip.

So funny about the lady eating her food then complaining. I would probably have been laughing so loud about it, hoping she heard me and got annoyed!

I used to watch the original Twin Peaks and I recorded the new ones but haven't watched yet. I've been catching up on Orphan Black because I had that from last season still (if you haven't ever watched it, you should...and I may have mentioned that before). Anyway, I doubt I have time to go back and watch all the original ones but I got a link to a synopsis video so I will at least need to watch that before I delve into the new ones.

Plans look great!

Mickey and Minnie Ride replacing GMR, GMR closing in August
I know! We have only gone of GMR once. I was hoping we would get one more ride on it in Sept. Oh Well. The girls didn't know half of the movies anyway.... But with it closing, I mean there is barely anything in the park!?! I seriously need to talk to DH about whether we want to go at all. The girls won't do Tower of Terror and possibly Rock'n RollerCoaster. It really limits what is left to see and do!

2. I don't think I told you our room requests at the Boardwalk were a high floor, near the lobby. Fingers crossed, for an upgrade to a Boardwalk view (I know that's unlikely).
Good Luck! Are you going to do online checkin? I was debating whether to do that or not. I was hoping for an upgrade to a room at WL facing MK & Contemporary. But I mean what are the chances...

AMWFmvtl.jpg

I probably won't do the ears this time because I have starfish hair clips, but that's the dress.
I love the dress. I can't decide what we should do for the Halloween party... Where did you get the dress?

you prefer to eat breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe or Cape May Cafe?
Hmm, you can't go wrong with either. I would say Cape May Cafe since you will be over that side of property. But Whispering Canyon breakfast looks pretty good, food wise.

We have done Cape May at breakfast and really enjoyed it. The food and characters were so good. We haven't tried WCC yet. I really like your Ariel outfit so cute for the party!

Your GIF reactions are making my morning!

New Mission Space, Mission Space TS, Tron Ride, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ratatouille, Toy Story Land

l1JM0eN.gif

These are my favorite news things! I LOVE all these ideas! I'm very excited for Toy Story, and I love all the updates at Epcot. I love Guardians, I love Ratatouille. I love the idea of a space themed restaurant.

I'm also so excited for these ones!!

I don't care about the MK theater until we hear what's going in it, and while all the Star Wars stuff sounds cool and I'd love to visit the hotel. I imagine the prices will be crazy, and I'm just not a fan of Star Wars.

Similar feelings. The theatre is a neat idea to bring a touch of history to Main Street, but I'm really only concerned with what it'll be showing. And I'm not much of a SW fan, and I anticipate prices will be insane...but I have a feeling that I'll have to keep these things on my radar since Nathan's a diehard fan. :S

VoTAsNq.gif

I'm not too happy about this. The closing date is before our next trip, and I thought we'd get a chance to ride it one last time then. I love GMR, and though I knew it was going I'm sad to see it go. I feel like it really embodies HS. I do think the new ride will be impressive, it's just not what I expected.

Yep. I knew it was going to go away, and I'd heard rumours of the replacement being a Mickey-themed ride, but I didn't think they'd begin work so soon! I really like GMR and was anticipating getting at least one more ride on in next month. Now it's closing 2 days before we arrive. Major bummer!! And I'm not against the idea of a Mickey ride. Really, I think it's about time. But I'm not crazy about them doing it in the new animation style of the current Mickey cartoons rather than in "classic" Mickey style. Bah.

This is what we may attempt to try:

Wow! Ambitious list! I hope you get to try most of these things! Everything sounds delish.

3. I think I've decided on our Halloween costumes. I have that dress I wore last year that was better suited to be a costume so I think we're going to be Ariel and Prince Eric. Josh basically has everything he needs for that, and this way we won't be too hot. (A lot of ideas I had were too much clothing for the heat).

I love this idea! And your dress is super cute! Excellent for the heat. We're shopping for MNSSHP costumes this week and I'm going to be very mindful of how hot everything will be in August. Uggh.

And finally I'm still working on our ADRs, (I would've added them in this week, but this is getting long) but I wanted to know which would you prefer to eat breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe or Cape May Cafe?

Oooh, tough call!! I haven't actually been to either of these place yet since they're both in out plans for August. Based on menus and reviews alone, I'd go with WCC. Breakfast skillet, OMG. (Which they can also make GF!) But I can't give a true opinion until next month. :(

I love having Marvel at USO, I just wish we could have it at WDW too. I'm so jealous of California and Paris for getting some awesome Marvel stuff! I can see us going to Disneyland to see some of it when it opens.

When you do come make sure to let me know! I live only an hr away so head over there all the time. I considered going last night after they announced Fantasmic was restarting early, but decided not to deal with the crowds and heat and standing room only. I have a Blue Bayou package booked next weekend where at least I'll have reserved seating!

DCL adding more boats, Star Wars Hotel, & New theater in MK

I'm terrible, I know. The DCL boats don't really apply to us because we haven't cruised yet, I don't care about the MK theater until we hear what's going in it, and while all the Star Wars stuff sounds cool and I'd love to visit the hotel. I imagine the prices will be crazy, and I'm just not a fan of Star Wars.

DCL has become my newest obsession and I've been trying hardcore to convince my mom to take our family on an Alaskan cruise next fall. Don't know if the cost will work out though. But if they expand to Australia/NZ I'd book it in a heartbeat!

I'm really looking forward to the Star Wars hotel and will try to save up. A multi-day immersive experience sounds amazing! But I'll wait a few years.

I'm not too happy about this. The closing date is before our next trip, and I thought we'd get a chance to ride it one last time then. I love GMR, and though I knew it was going I'm sad to see it go. I feel like it really embodies HS. I do think the new ride will be impressive, it's just not what I expected.

I'm a little bummed I will not be able to see this ever! I know it had its detractors but it would have been cool to see. I mentioned to my sister at least we will spend more time riding ToT and RnRC and she was all for it!

Minnie Vans

They look cute. I like the idea, and it makes sense for big families. Maybe these can go where Ubers can't too, who knows? We may get to test one out at the Boardwalk since they'll be rolled out there first. I don't like the idea of a $20 flat rate though when Ubers and taxis can be much cheaper than that, and I sincerely hope this isn't the first step towards banning things like Ubers and taxis from Disney property.

They are cute! Maybe for MK they will be allowed to drop off at bus unloading not at TTC? Right now we are thinking we will only need to take Uber on property for our last breakfast (POFQ-AKL). All other times we will be heading direct to parks. I wish we were spending more time seeing resorts but know we will be prioritizing attractions and park atmosphere!

Maybe in 2019 I'll get to go to D23, a girl can start planning now, right #CaliforniaHereWeCome #In2Years #Potentially

I considered getting tickets this year and really regret not doing so! Every time I would consider I would think, oh they're probably all sold out. Then a week later I would see an update-now all sold out! So if I had just gotten tiks then I could have gone!

I'll see how strong my Disney obsession is going in 2 yrs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter