This (DISNEY)land Was Made For You and Me - July 2016 Weight Loss and Lifestyle Change Challenge

I think the big thing that I've noticed is that my stress level is down a bit. As much as I love all of you guys and the support you have provided for me during my struggles ... checking in here has become stressful for me. Right now, it's just not what I need, and I think it's easier for me to not check in.
I still love you guys, and I'll still be lurking around here, just not really posting much. Thanks for all that you guys have done for me, and keep being awesome!

Sending big hugs! Do what you need to do for yourself! It was wonderful to have you around, but we all understand!!

Ok, I feel like I am slowly getting back into things. Tracking is still a problem. But at least today breakfast and lunch were tracked. So, if I don't srew up too much with dinner, I should be fine. I still have not dared to step on a scale though... I just do not want to see a scary number.

Also, and this probably should be my answer to Wednesday's QOTD:

I am back to running!!! I went for runs on Saturday and Tuesday and intend to do another one tomorrow morning! Yesterday I made an appointment for getting fitted for my running inserts. That will be on August 10, so by the end of August I will finally be able to go shoe shopping (different shoes will be needed once I have the inserts as they stabilize my foot). And then I can start training longer distances again! Currently I am limiting myself to three runs a week with 5km each. I don't want to get the tendon get inflamed again. But it is wonderful to be out there again!!

Good morning all! Sitting here telling myself to get moving and get to work.... but also reflecting on cutting myself a bit of "slack". I worked 8 hours (long HOT hours) at my summer maintenance job (after doing some morning chores), then watered the garden by hand (it needed a good soaking), refilled the compost tea bucket, picked produce from the garden, weeded the raised beds, folded the load of laundry from the clothesline, made/cooked/cleaned up steak and veggie kabobs, packed my lunch for today, made a batch of sugar-free refrigerator pickles, sorted the recycling, organized some vacation supplies, checked email, threw another load of laundry into the washer, folded/put away 4 other loads of clean laundry....... and when I FINALLY collapsed into bed at 10:30 pm I was mad at myself for not getting around to mowing the lawn. WHAT??! When exactly did I think I might do that?? :confused3 I even thought about setting my alarm clock for an hour early to mow, but I realized that mowing at 5 am might not make me too popular with the neighbors....:crazy2:

Okay..... time to get dressed for work.... and I am still thinking that I may work just 6 hours to give myself some time to get stuff done here. DMIL's burial is tomorrow (not sure if I mentioned or not, but the ME needed her body back after the funeral :sad1: ) so tomorrow is a total lost cause as far as being productive here goes. I do plan to rise early and take the trash and recycling to the transfer station. I don't want to leave it in the garage for our whole week of vacation... yuck! I'd do it today, but the transfer station is closed.

BTW, the kabobs were delicious! What a great way to use just a little meat and lots of produce to make an abundant looking meal! All I had to use was a small london broil (a bit over a pound) for the three of us, but it looked like a lot of food.... 8 full kabobs.... I used summer squash, tomatoes (bigger than cherry tomatoes, but not big beefsteaks), onions, peppers, and mushrooms. Delighted that there was some of the grilled veggies left for my lunch today!

Gotta dash!!..................P

ETA: Re-reading here and this was a giant rant. So sorry.... just thinking out loud I guess.

I think the big thing that I've noticed is that my stress level is down a bit. As much as I love all of you guys and the support you have provided for me during my struggles ... checking in here has become stressful for me. Right now, it's just not what I need, and I think it's easier for me to not check in.
I still love you guys, and I'll still be lurking around here, just not really posting much. Thanks for all that you guys have done for me, and keep being awesome!

Sarah, good luck. Thank you for your encouragement and support this year - you hosted a great month.

I worked 8 hours (long HOT hours) at my summer maintenance job (after doing some morning chores), then watered the garden by hand (it needed a good soaking), refilled the compost tea bucket, picked produce from the garden, weeded the raised beds, folded the load of laundry from the clothesline, made/cooked/cleaned up steak and veggie kabobs, packed my lunch for today, made a batch of sugar-free refrigerator pickles, sorted the recycling, organized some vacation supplies, checked email, threw another load of laundry into the washer, folded/put away 4 other loads of clean laundry....... and when I FINALLY collapsed into bed at 10:30 pm I was mad at myself for not getting around to mowing the lawn. WHAT??! When exactly did I think I might do that?? :confused3 I even thought about setting my alarm clock for an hour early to mow, but I realized that mowing at 5 am might not make me too popular with the neighbors....:crazy2:

WOW! You sound like super woman! I struggle to work 8 hr days and find time to cook and exercise-- forget chores! You are amazing!

@courtneybeth I think the Disney took a cue from your QOTD the other day-- there is an article on the DIS about Disney playliststo work out to-- haha! http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/music-to-train-by-from-rundisney/

Hey guys. I've been MIA because I've been thinking about a few things and dealing with some stuff.
In terms of other things...
I've been doing a lot of thinking over the past few weeks.
I'm not eating entirely on plan, but as long as I force myself to write down that I'm screwing up (even if I don't track it, I'm keeping a journal), I do okay. If I screw up too much, my body tells me, and I know to be better over the next few days.
Exercise is a little rougher - I'm

Hi Sarah. I am sorry to hear you find it stressful to post here as you were wonderful host and poster but I am glad you are doing what is right for you. Come back when you feel like, we will miss you around

It took me all of Wednesday to come up with some Woohoos, so here's Woohoo Thursday.

I'm taking the second week of August off, instead of just a long weekend, and I changed my jaunt down to the beach into a trip across the sound to a lovely little town called Pt Townsend. It's on the water, so I'll get that, plus some fun shopping and junking and exploring Ft Flagler and Ft Warden, which I haven't been to in a long, long time. Less driving and a ferry ride, so I am quite pleased with the change up.

I've decided to not tag a couple days at WDW onto the end of my October trip back to Texas... Wait, what? I really want to immerse myself in the Texas experience plus I want to start spending travel money on different experiences. I'm sure I'll end up at WDW at some point next year, but for this year I'm done.

I'm just starting my biggest knitting project ever... A wrap/shawl. I've actually been swatching to make sure I've got the right gage, and have been practicing the new stitch, which is simple so I've got the perfect balance of learning something new but having a soothing meditative knit. I normally just jump into things without all the pre-work, so this is all new for me.

I do seem a bit talkative today :). I'll stop rambling now... Have a happy healthful day everyone.

July 28 - Mickey's ToonTown

iyjqfZl.jpg
latest

If we look at our map, we are now at the furthest point away from Main Street in the back of the park.
We're at Mickey's Toontown - which is sort of this weird 1990s time capsule.

26nJe4R.jpg

Toontown.jpg

Toontown is the home of Mickey and Friends, along with the infamous Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin attraction and Gadget's Go Coaster.
It was built in the 1990s and unfortunately hasn't had much love/attention over the last 25 years.
However - it's a great place to take little ones and a way to meet Mickey and Minnie if you don't want to wait on Main Street.

Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin is based on the movie Who Framed Roger Rabbit. It's a cool attraction where you board a taxi cab named Benny
and go through a Dark Ride based upon the movie. It's a hidden gem in the back of the park - worth checking out!

Gadget's Go Coaster is a small roller coaster similar to the Barnstormer at WDW. It's about 30 seconds long (!?) and features
Gadget's inventions -- as seen in Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers. Sadly this ride needs a little... love, as it's an outdated reference.

There are also houses for the Fab 5 and friends - they're fun to walk and play through. Really just a great place for kids.

Question of the Day - July 28
Toontown is the place where the 'toons reside - and you're literally walking through their Neighborhood.
So let's talk about walking through your neighborhood and your exercise routines.

Are you more of a person who likes to work out inside or at the gym?
Or do you prefer to be outside now that it's summer?
Edit: For @4Mickeys - we know it's winter. How has that affected your exercising?

I don't have a gym membership and don't want one. Just behind my house is a paved Creek Trail and I use it for most of my runs and love it! I do resort to the treadmill if it's too hot out and my cross training is done in front of the TV thanks to jillian michaels.

I'll be MIA the rest of the month. Leaving now for camping. I have healthy snacks packed but I know I'll be drinking beer so going to do my best with the food choices to balance it out. Wish me luck.

Toontown is the place where the 'toons reside - and you're literally walking through their Neighborhood.
So let's talk about walking through your neighborhood and your exercise routines.

Edit: For @4Mickeys - we know it's winter. How has that affected your exercising?

I love to be outside but it's finding a temperature that works for me. I have a gym membership and I really need to start using it more during the work day.

On another note: did you guys hear the news about the Disney 5K medals being .... "real medals" now?! Woah!

iyjqfZl.jpg
latest

If we look at our map, we are now at the furthest point away from Main Street in the back of the park.

26nJe4R.jpg

Toontown.jpg

Toontown is the home of Mickey and Friends, along with the infamous Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin attraction and Gadget's Go Coaster.
It was built in the 1990s and unfortunately hasn't had much love/attention over the last 25 years.
However - it's a great place to take little ones and a way to meet Mickey and Minnie if you don't want to wait on Main Street.

Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin is based on the movie Who Framed Roger Rabbit. It's a cool attraction where you board a taxi cab named Benny
and go through a Dark Ride based upon the movie. It's a hidden gem in the back of the park - worth checking out!

Gadget's Go Coaster is a small roller coaster similar to the Barnstormer at WDW. It's about 30 seconds long (!?) and features
Gadget's inventions -- as seen in Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers. Sadly this ride needs a little... love, as it's an outdated reference.

There are also houses for the Fab 5 and friends - they're fun to walk and play through. Really just a great place for kids.

In the summer I like to outside as long as it is not too hot. Here is a picture I took last night of where I go to walk.

Coe.jpg

What you can't see in this pictures is the hundreds of people that are down here now playing Pokemon. To the left of this is a bridge that has 3 or 4 poke stops all with lures and people just standing in groups. It was hard to walk around them. To the back of the picture is another bridge that goes to what feel like an island but it is not. Straight back on the right is tons more poke stops with lures. Kids have even brought chargers to hook up to the street lamps. The parking lot is now full all the time. I miss the quietness that used to be here but it is nice to see so many people out. To the right is also library, police stations and the city pool. I do feel safe in the area with the police station but I still will not walk around alone after dark.

I do go to our rec in the winter because it is just too cold to be outside. Plus in the summer they have reduced hours to it makes it hard to get there.

As for Toon Town. I remember going to the one at WDW when I went when I was younger. It was my only trip as a kid and this was the one area that I remember the most. I really wanted my kids to see it but didn't make it back before they tore it down. I remember seeing Mickey in his house and I thought it was really cool. I really miss this area.

July 28 - Mickey's

I love walking outdoors. In Ireland however rains a lot. I have 2 gym memberships. One in work heavily subsidised, that I use for weight lifting few times weekly and the other one that I hate the gym part of but have swimming pool, gym glasses and spa I love. I walked over after work today, did hour yoga and came home happy and relaxed.

If I was living somewhere where it's always sunny I probably wouldn't make such good use of the gym!

I also have trx bands for home and travelling, kettebells, bodypump barbell set (up to 25 kg) and adjustable dumbbells and also a step I can use as bench.

I have no excuse to skip workout. I can't say it's raining out as I can go for a swim. If my husband is travelling and I can't go to the local gym I can go in work. If work is also crazy busy - here comes the home gym from under the bed!

I like to run outside because I get bored very easily and it is cheaper. It has been so hot here I thought about joining the YMCA that's close by because DH's company gets a good discount but I would rather use the money for one of the kid's activities. I can suck it up and run my long runs early in the morning for a couple months.

Aaawww thanks for thinking of me! It turns out I like to workout outside .... Winter has changed the time I am exercising .... haven't had an early morning workout for over a month now, its just so dark and hard to get up in the cooler mornings. So after June where my activity dropped quite a bit this month has been my most active walking wise all year ... I have started walking along the river near my parents house on the afternoons I get the kids from there ... the kids come to (so that is a bonus) some days it is pretty dark by the time we get back - but that's ok I'm not alone and there are still lots of other walking along there as well. We are missing our paddling though and will be happy when it gets warmer to start that up again. It definitely doesn't get as cold here as it does for some of you in winter - I am always impressed when I read about how cold it can be and you guys are still out there running/walking.

I'll be MIA the rest of the month. Leaving now for camping. I have healthy snacks packed but I know I'll be drinking beer so going to do my best with the food choices to balance it out. Wish me luck.

Have a great trip - good luck with your eating!

Here is a picture I took last night of where I go to walk.

Great pic .... that looks like a great walking area. Oh those Pokémon hunters lol ..... we have been doing it too!

Great pic .... that looks like a great walking area. Oh those Pokémon hunters lol ..... we have been doing it too!

Same! We're heading to the Poke-park down the street where they have three gyms to battle, about 20 pokestops in a circle, and an area where you can set up 4 lures and sit in between them and experience an influx of Rattatas and Pidgeys :P

iyjqfZl.jpg
latest

26nJe4R.jpg

Toontown.jpg

I walk in my 'hood quite a bit but I've also been known to walk in place in my living room so I guess there is no real definitive answer there. I have a history of joining gyms and then not going, pilates is the first group/communal exercise that I've stuck with... That's inside but lately the doors and windows have been open because of the heat, so it's kind of like being outside. Hmmm... I'm just not coming up with a clear preference.

iyjqfZl.jpg
latest

26nJe4R.jpg

Toontown.jpg

I prefer to run outside, but I also prefer it to be about 60 degrees... so the weather right now is not ideal for me. I get about 2 1/2 hours of work outside everyday at practice, so after that I'm not excited to spend more time outside when it's in the upper 80's/90's.

I haven't used the gym as much as I probably should, but I never really thought I would use the treadmill we bought in January as much as I have... so it's a wash.

I play too. It gives me something to do while I am walking. A bonus is it has gotten my daughter out more. The last time she played though it lasted about 5 minutes and then she was more interested in the leafs around.

Same! We're heading to the Poke-park down the street where they have three gyms to battle, about 20 pokestops in a circle, and an area where you can set up 4 lures and sit in between them and experience an influx of Rattatas and Pidgeys :P

The pidgeys, Rattatas and zubats are driving me nuts. I never stand in one area when there is a lure. I am more there to get my steps so i continue to walk in a in a circle to get the pokemon. I have yet to try a gym and fighting. I do sit on a poke stop at work all day and the nice people around here always have a lure on the stop. I am leaving up pretty quick.

It's soooooo hot here!!! :sad: All. Year. Long. I used to love runs in the crisp fall, winter, and spring air when I lived further north, but we get "crisp" maybe a week or two out of the year. I tried to run outside a little bit but I just can't. It hits the mid to high 80's 10 months out of the year.... and the other two are in the 70's and can still hit the 80's. My car reads in the 90's from May to September.... it's just gross.

Sooooo I bought an elliptical and some weights, and that's my home gym. Once I strengthen up my legs and some joints that give me trouble, maybe I will look into a treadmill. But I do enjoy exploring our neighborhood-- I just usually explore on bike so at least there is a breeze on my face. More so December through February though when it's not disgustingly hot. Although, right now due to Pokemon, we are doing hour bike rides about 2 times a week to hatch those eggs! Pokemon is definitely taking me outside more than I like in this heat, but hey, it's getting DH and I active so that's a good thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter