This Bridge is Old, Like You! - A July 2017 and April 2018 TR *Completed + New TR Link Posted

I love that picture of you and Evie on the carousel - that's a pretty awesome castle shot!

Remind me to invite Landon to a picnic next time I'm really in the mood for carrots ... (not that that happens very often, but ... that's a funny answer)
I love all the pictures of Landon and the princesses!

I just found your TR and have to say that you are a great writer and storyteller! I was cracking up when you described your "breeze" in the restaurant - LOL! Definitely mortifying but it sure makes for a great story! Your kids are adorable too! I have a feeling Landon will be meeting Tinkerbell next! :)

Fortunately, since this trip she has gone on several carousel-type rides at Christmas Markets and has realized she loves them. So if nothing else, I know I can take her on this in 2018 and she’ll be happy!

Well that's good news at least! Next time she'll be ready, and she'll be thrilled!

This had turned into a Nana and Landon morning, and I was happy to take a backseat and let them have their time.

As much as you weren't having the time of your life at this moment, it's so nice that Landon got into a nice groove having some Nana time! My mom is my best friend, but I had a very special relationship with my grandmother when I was young. Still do. And those moments were very valuable!

img_5176-jpg.298808

Gottcha, Pascal. No longer do you elude my weak little eyes.

I want to spend some time here looking for these next time!

I just knew. It was one of those moments where you know your kid so well that you can predict what’s about to come out of their mouth.

And sure enough…

“CARROT STICKS!”

Sweet Landon…he said his favorite snack.

I desperately wish I had captured Rapunzel’s reaction when she heard Landon say that, because it was priceless. No doubt she was expecting to hear pizza or cookies or fries…but definitely not carrots. I mean, what kid thinks vegetables when they think of food?!?

Oh my goodness! Bless his hilarious little heart! Carrot sticks are very important.

He asked what her name was and when she told him, he said,
“Oh that’s a pretty name! I’m Landon and I’m at Disney!”

What a sweet boy! I'm sure Tiana was having a wonderful time hanging out with him.

She fussed at first, but when she heard her bubba laughing and having a grand time she settled and just looked around while our turn finished.

All's well that ends well.

Landon’s insistence was hard to ignore, so I told my mom she could take Landon while I waited for her next to our favorite pit stop in the MK:
03-jpg.298801
Love this area!! Nice choice!

Meanwhile, Evie sat in the rental stroller and played with the straps:
04-jpg.298802

HAHA! You pay good money to get a play area like that!

This had turned into a Nana and Landon morning, and I was happy to take a backseat and let them have their time.

This is really special. It's time he will never forget.

Well, not happy per say. It would have been better if I could have taken Evie with me and done something, but I guess stopping to smell the roses in Fantasyland was something. Better to be watching my daughter play in the Magic Kingdom than watching her play in the living room at home…

AMEN, Sistah!

I found two!

img_5176-jpg.298808

I didn't know about that little game. Need to find them!

I just knew. It was one of those moments where you know your kid so well that you can predict what’s about to come out of their mouth.

And sure enough…

“CARROT STICKS!”

:lmao:That's awesome!!

The Photopass Photographer had begun laughing when he heard that (as did the family waiting in line behind us) and turned to me and said, “I don’t think I’ve ever heard that answer before! That’s a first!”

So fun to have the cast laughing too.

Our royal visitation time over, my mom and I brought the kids back to their strollers and wondered what was going to happen next. We were about to surprise Landon with another character meet, one he was likely to freak out over, and my mom and I couldn’t help but be curious about what we were getting ourselves into.

It was sure to be an interesting experience…

Oh, the suspense!!! Can't wait!

What a cute meet with the princesses!! I cherished those moments with Paxton because he's now in his "I want nothing to do with princesses" phase. It's so fun to watch a kid who loves characters interact with them!

06-jpg.298804

One of my personal favorites…
Rapunzel!
I always love when the characters sit down with the kids. It's so cute!

The Photopass Photographer had begun laughing when he heard that (as did the family waiting in line behind us) and turned to me and said, “I don’t think I’ve ever heard that answer before! That’s a first!”

All I could say back was:

“That’s my son.
Carrot Sticks! I love it! What a great response.

“Oh that’s a pretty name! I’m Landon and I’m at Disney!”
OMG! Too cute!

The rest of the meet was comprised of Tiana talking and Landon shooting her googly eyes:
09-jpg.298807
This photo is HILARIOUS!!!! His eyes!!!

It was sure to be an interesting experience…
Cliff Hanger!!!!

Oh, Landon! I love his interactions with the Princesses- especially the Carrot Sticks comment!

Evie looked very happy playing in the Rental Stroller! I hope she starts to enjoy Disney more- my dd is 5 and her brothers definitely enjoy it more...

Your kids are different as night and day! Love the pictures of your DS with the princesses. Especially the last one with Tiana and his googly eyes - so cute!

It does amaze me sometimes how different they can be.
I got a good laugh when I was going through my pictures at the end of the trip and saw Landon's face in that photo.

I love that photo of you and Evie on the carousel, you got the back of the castle perfectly in the background!

Really cute that Landon and your mom had some bonding time this morning! Even if you were left out :(

Landon's interactions with Rapunzel & Tiana sound so adorable!! Soon enough I am sure Evie will be into it too!

I had to go back and look at the photo, because I didn't even realize the castle was in the background. How cool! Looks like there were even some performers out and about...

I am a little more confident that Evie would do better with the princesses now. She's gotten to that age where she wants to wear their costumes and play with their dolls. I think she'd actually want to say hi to them now!

Carrot sticks! I love how you knew what he was going to say and what type of reaction it would bring. Landon and the princesses were having a great time!

Parent intuition, I guess. But I just had a hunch he was going to blurt out carrot sticks.
And I mean, don't get me wrong, I was proud that he said something healthy, because there was always the possibility that he couldn't have said cookies or ice cream.

Landon and the princesses were so sweet together.

Landon loved meeting the characters and interacting with them. He was at that perfect age where he was old enough to hold a conversation with them but still young enough to believe in everything.

What an adorable M&G! :)

Landon gave us lots of entertainment with his character interactions. Had I known he was going to be like that I might have planned more!

I love that picture of you and Evie on the carousel - that's a pretty awesome castle shot!

Remind me to invite Landon to a picnic next time I'm really in the mood for carrots ... (not that that happens very often, but ... that's a funny answer)
I love all the pictures of Landon and the princesses!

Yeah, I don't know too many people who want to bring carrot sticks to a picnic. That's Landon, though. Whenever we're out and about for the day, I usually bring carrots along because I know he'll munch on them!

I just found your TR and have to say that you are a great writer and storyteller! I was cracking up when you described your "breeze" in the restaurant - LOL! Definitely mortifying but it sure makes for a great story! Your kids are adorable too! I have a feeling Landon will be meeting Tinkerbell next! :)

Thanks for reading and following along!
I'm not going to live that Pecos Bill moment down for many years. My mother won't let me!

Hah! You're a very good guesser. :thumbsup2

As much as you weren't having the time of your life at this moment, it's so nice that Landon got into a nice groove having some Nana time! My mom is my best friend, but I had a very special relationship with my grandmother when I was young. Still do. And those moments were very valuable!

I want to spend some time here looking for these next time!

Landon and my mom have some special bond that I can't explain. He saw her almost once a week for the first year of his life, lived with her for awhile during Alex's deployment when we moved in, and then would do overnights at her place on the weekends. I can easily see the two of them running off to Disney together when he grows up.

The key to finding those Pascals is crossing the sidewalk and looking near the bridge on the left side. If that makes sense...

Love this area!! Nice choice!

HAHA! You pay good money to get a play area like that!

This is really special. It's time he will never forget.

I didn't know about that little game. Need to find them!

The Tangled bathrooms were in the perfect location. I was able to sit at one of the tables while Landon rode his favorite attractions.

I'm not sure if I am just terrible at Where's Waldo-type games, but those Pascals were harder to find than I imagined!

What a cute meet with the princesses!! I cherished those moments with Paxton because he's now in his "I want nothing to do with princesses" phase. It's so fun to watch a kid who loves characters interact with them!

I'll be so sad when Landon reaches that age! I feel like both our daughters might not be as into the character meets as our boys are/were.
Hopefully, I can get a couple more years out of Landon before he brushes the princesses off.

I always love when the characters sit down with the kids. It's so cute!

Carrot Sticks! I love it! What a great response.

OMG! Too cute!
This photo is HILARIOUS!!!! His eyes!!!

It does feel more personal when they sit down with them.
My kid...I don't know what goes through his head sometimes!

I remember I burst out laughing when I was going through my photos back at my mom's house and saw Landon's eyes. Silly kid...

Carrot sticks.....LOL

LAndons face is adorable in this pic.

I don't know why my kid loves carrot sticks as much as he does, but I'll take it. Because, let's be honest, for every carrot stick he eats he also scarfs down just as many gummy bears. :rotfl2:

Oh, Landon! I love his interactions with the Princesses- especially the Carrot Sticks comment!

Evie looked very happy playing in the Rental Stroller! I hope she starts to enjoy Disney more- my dd is 5 and her brothers definitely enjoy it more...

I wonder what it is that makes the boys like Disney more. Maybe it'll reverse once they all hit the teenage years. The guys will be grumpy and unenthusiastic and the girls will be completely into the trips. :confused3 Guess we will just have to keep taking them every year so we can compare their progress. :rotfl2:

I'll be so sad when Landon reaches that age! I feel like both our daughters might not be as into the character meets as our boys are/were.
Hopefully, I can get a couple more years out of Landon before he brushes the princesses off.

Totally agree, Delilah is definitely not as character loving as Paxton has always been. I’m hoping by the time we go on our cruise she is at least interested in the princesses!

I'm late to the party, but I'm here! I've loved reading your report!

First of all, I'd like to say thank you to your husband for his service. You are a super mom and have handled your young kids so well throughout this trip. You did way better on a 21 hour flight than I do on a 2 hour flight and I don't have kids!

Ireland has always been my dream. Some day, I'll make it over, but I'm glad you've been able to visit so many places. How wonderful for your children to be exposed to so much culture!

Can't wait to read more.

I'm late to the party, but I'm here! I've loved reading your report!

First of all, I'd like to say thank you to your husband for his service. You are a super mom and have handled your young kids so well throughout this trip. You did way better on a 21 hour flight than I do on a 2 hour flight and I don't have kids!

Ireland has always been my dream. Some day, I'll make it over, but I'm glad you've been able to visit so many places. How wonderful for your children to be exposed to so much culture!

Can't wait to read more.

:welcome: Thanks for joining in!

I'm not sure how I survived traveling internationally with two young kids! I guess I'm lucky in that they are pretty good travelers.

I hope you make it to Ireland some day. It was one of the most stunning places I've been to so far. There was a natural beauty to the place; you could go there with no plans and simply tour the national parks and be amazed! I only visited Killarney and Kerry, but I imagine other popular spots like Dublin are just as spectacular. :goodvibes

Love your description of your safari ride, from listening in on the Instagram group, to Landon's hilarious declarations!

So I will share my own public shaming moment- My boys got lice, when my Nate was in Kindergarten, Ben was a couple of years younger. Fortunately, just that once. We bagged up all of the stuffed animals as advised and had been quarantined in the house for days. Finally, it was safe to venture out and we went to a local discount shop. My eldest loved Halloween at the time and saw a stuffed werewolf and Dracula. He looked at me and pleaded, "Can I get this?" I told him, yes. He said "But they're stuffed". I told him it was ok. Then he said, quite loudly, "What about the lice?!?"

:blush:

YUM! Dole Whips for everyone! You earned yours.

Poor Landon on ITTBAB- my boys first and only time doing that was 10 years ago and they still won't go back.

I have not been on EE at night- this past trip was the only time I have been there after dark. I want to do that now!

Oh, no, AK is SOOOOO hot, I can imagine how miserable it was carrying Evie in your pack.

Great suggestion to take the Poly bus. I'm glad it worked out for you.

:worship:

I love Kona, especially those Macadamia Nut-Freaking-Pineapple Pancakes. Sorry your experience there wasn't a bit better.

Yay for mom insisting on 2 strollers, even though it caused a different set of problems.

OMG- those photopass pictures on Main Street!

:upsidedow

I loved this update!

I'm glad you had a nice ride on the carousel and a beautiful photo to commemorate your time.

LOL at Evie's favorite activity being climbing in and out of the stroller in Tangledland. Wasn't climbing up and down on a curb one of Landon's favorite things on a previous trip?

Carrot sticks are a perfectly acceptable answer to the question about snacks. Much less embarrassing than if he had said "Cheetos" again. And at least he didn't say "frogs legs" to Tiana.

::yes::

So I will share my own public shaming moment- My boys got lice, when my Nate was in Kindergarten, Ben was a couple of years younger. Fortunately, just that once. We bagged up all of the stuffed animals as advised and had been quarantined in the house for days. Finally, it was safe to venture out and we went to a local discount shop. My eldest loved Halloween at the time and saw a stuffed werewolf and Dracula. He looked at me and pleaded, "Can I get this?" I told him, yes. He said "But they're stuffed". I told him it was ok. Then he said, quite loudly, "What about the lice?!?"

:blush:

:rotfl::rotfl2: Oh my gosh! Too funny. Wish I could have seen the reactions from people around you. Bet they steered clear of the stuffed masks!:laughing: Kids have no filter....

I loved this update!

I'm glad you had a nice ride on the carousel and a beautiful photo to commemorate your time.

LOL at Evie's favorite activity being climbing in and out of the stroller in Tangledland. Wasn't climbing up and down on a curb one of Landon's favorite things on a previous trip?

Carrot sticks are a perfectly acceptable answer to the question about snacks. Much less embarrassing than if he had said "Cheetos" again. And at least he didn't say "frogs legs" to Tiana.

::yes::

Yes! He did! Oh my goodness I had forgotten about that. We were trying to get him to take some pictures on Main St. and all he cared about was walking up and down the curb.
That's my kids. One's fascinated by the ground, the other a plastic stroller...:rotfl:

Honestly, Cheetos could have come out of his mouth. He eats plenty of carrot sticks, but he also gets his share of fries and gummy bears. :blush:
Oh my, now THAT would have caused quite the reaction from everybody.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter