This Bridge is Old, Like You! - A July 2017 and April 2018 TR *Completed + New TR Link Posted

So much for that good mood Evie had on the way to the park. One look at Chip and she freaked. The strangest part of it all was that I wouldn’t say she was scared. She was more angry and confused. Like, it wasn’t part of the natural world to have an animal that big. We were upsetting the balance of nature and she was not okay with that. Not one bit.

Oh, Evie. I actually kinda get that ... human sized chipmunks are a little weird. I get where she's coming from.

From afar, the characters were great. From two feet away? Not so much.

From afar they don't look quite as human-sized ... (although, really, from a few tables away, they're still pretty human-sized, so ... not sure I get it)

To spare her immense guilt, the waitress informed us that anything not eaten would get recycled into electricity.

I did not know that. That is super cool!

Landon’s on one end of the table drawing the characters to him like a beacon while Evie’s on the other throwing forks on the floor in frustration.

That's really tough. There's no winning in that situation.

Sounds like a day full of tough parenting moments ... but you survived! And bedtime at Disney always means you get to get up the next day and do Disney again! (well, usually ... maybe not on departure day)

Oh no, I'm sorry Evie hated the characters so much :( I'm sure it made for a very overwhelming dinner experience. I'm glad Landon at least enjoyed it! Though you can't say the same about Soarin! Oops :confused3

I'm sorry you had that moment of sadness while waiting in line :( I don't doubt that you were missing your husband a lot!

All caught up with Evie's no-good, very bad, horrible day. :( She just didn't seem to be happy once you left the first 15 minutes of the day. I don't blame you one bit for being frazzled by the end of dinner. OY!

I"ve not ever tried GG either, but likely will someday. The menu just doesn't sound 'wow' to me, but I have no doubt the quality is amazing. And you're right- the entrance to The Land is just....odd. So stinkin' far out of the way.

Oh, and did someone mention margs from Mexico? Do you have to be a frazzled parent to inbibe? ;)

Hugs! I'm sorry the night didn't go as planned! Characters ARE scary for kiddos, and it wasn't your fault at all! I'm sorry you missed DH extra-much that night. I can't wait til you can all go back together! <3

Awww. Just read up on your night at EPCOT.

:hug:

Sorry the dinner at Garden Grill was so rough on Evie. And all of you. Well, perfect for Landon, but horrifying for Evie.

It is crazy (and spoiler alert- will continue to be) how different two kids from the same set of parents can be. Shy-outgoing/mellow-active/demanding-giving. And then those traits can flip-flop. :sad2:

That is a shame about Landon's reaction to Soarin'. So hard to predict. I guess some of the images are awfully large and hard to process. And the spectacular places visited during the film are probably not as meaningful or interesting to little ones. But nonetheless, I suspect Landon may try again sometime before adulthood...

And I am sorry to hear about your sadness missing Alex in the Soarin' line, but totally understandable.

Sounds like calling it a night was the right thing to do.

xoxo

Then we continued on towards the Land pavilion. Any parent with little kids knows the struggle it is to get inside that building. First, you have to walk half a mile off to the right to park your stroller in the uncovered lot where you are reminded that strollers only come in about four different colors. And as your telling your kid to hop out (because the seat that’s normally a prison suddenly becomes their beloved lounge chair) you’re also memorizing every imperfection on the body of your stroller in the hopes that you’ll be able to easily identify the thing hours later. Meanwhile, your other kid imagines you’re doing something wonderful and they're missing out.

Like you’re giving out candy to the other child or striking up a casual conversation with Donald Duck.

Meaning, they’ve got to break free of the adult that has stayed back and race towards you.

Case and point:
08-jpg.289613

And when they realize nothing spectacular is happening, they become sullen and whine about having to walk all the way back.

All while the other kid screams and refuses to walk because they were sitting and sitting is what they want to continue to do.

So you – the amazing and patient parent you are – throw the younger tot on your hip and drag the older kiddo behind as you climb the thousand foot incline to the Land’s entrance.

By the time you get through those sliding doors you just want to sit down and take a siesta.

I get it fellow parents. I really do.

You go ahead and get the margarita from the Mexican pavilion. You hide Germany’s caramel brownie from grubby little hands. No judgement over here. You battled the Land’s entrance.

You deserve the reward.
I love this whole thing and so very true!

Chip!

Or was it Dale?

Okay, guys, I will admit that I’m terrible at remembering which chipmunk is which. I know one has a black nose and one tooth and the other has a brown nose and two teeth; my issue is remembering which one has the black nose. But I’m going with my gut and saying this was Chip.

Am I right? Someone please confirm or deny this!
I see many others have already said, but I always remember "chocolate Chip nose" to tell them apart.

It was amazing character interaction, and Landon could not believe how much attention he was getting.

But there was Evie.

WHY DO THESE ANIMALS KEEP COMING BACK?!?!
Haha, Garden Grill is probably the most intense/frequent character interaction meal, so your party was really split on that being a good thing or not. I hope Evie will enjoy them much more on future visits!

***To this day, if you ask Landon about Soarin' his response is, "Soarin? No, no, no. I don't like that. I'll try it again when I'm an adult."***
I can see why he was scared - I had to remind Izzy a lot that it was a movie and they would try to scare us for fun. She does love it, so maybe she can talk it up to Landon next summer.

Yell and throw a fork
Someday, that will be incredibly funny! We couldn't visit Disney until our kids were a little bit older (6 and 9) because we knew the youngest would be terrified of the characters. Once, in NYC, at the age of 3, she say the fire prevention dog at a parade and started screeching at him, in sheer terror, "BAD DOG! BAD DOG!".

Your report is great! Hope you had a lovely Christmas in Germany!

Oh, Evie. I actually kinda get that ... human sized chipmunks are a little weird. I get where she's coming from.

From afar they don't look quite as human-sized ... (although, really, from a few tables away, they're still pretty human-sized, so ... not sure I get it)

I did not know that. That is super cool!

The character fear is completely understandable. Seeing these characters that are only a few feet tall on a screen suddenly looming over you is jarring.
Yeah! Disney has a plant somewhere on or near property that breaks down all the food scraps and liquids and turns it into power for the parks. Such a great idea since so much goes to waste there!

Oh no, I'm sorry Evie hated the characters so much :( I'm sure it made for a very overwhelming dinner experience. I'm glad Landon at least enjoyed it! Though you can't say the same about Soarin! Oops :confused3

I'm sorry you had that moment of sadness while waiting in line :( I don't doubt that you were missing your husband a lot!

Visiting Disney is going to be interesting in the future. Landon's turned into a big chicken while Evie is a thrill junkie. I imagine what's going to end up happening as they get older is that I'll take Landon to character meets while Alex and Evie will ride the coasters...

All caught up with Evie's no-good, very bad, horrible day. :( She just didn't seem to be happy once you left the first 15 minutes of the day. I don't blame you one bit for being frazzled by the end of dinner. OY!

I"ve not ever tried GG either, but likely will someday. The menu just doesn't sound 'wow' to me, but I have no doubt the quality is amazing. And you're right- the entrance to The Land is just....odd. So stinkin' far out of the way.

Oh, and did someone mention margs from Mexico? Do you have to be a frazzled parent to inbibe? ;)

Hahaha, that's a perfect way to describe Evie's mood that day. I was so shocked that she wasn't having a blast at Disney. Since the only experience I had traveling to Disney with kids was Landon, it never dawned on me that some kids wouldn't find the characters and dark rides entertaining. Learned that lesson the hard way...

While the food at Garden Grill was good, it's going to be difficult for me to eat there again because I usually only give my family one -maybe two- Epcot days, and there are so many more unique and tasty restaurants to dine at in the World Showcase. I mean, why eat turkey and mac and cheese when I could have authentic Italian pizza or English fish and chips?

You're a parent. At one time or another, you've been frazzled. Therefore, you've earned a marg!

Hugs! I'm sorry the night didn't go as planned! Characters ARE scary for kiddos, and it wasn't your fault at all! I'm sorry you missed DH extra-much that night. I can't wait til you can all go back together! <3

I'm so ready to go back to Disney with Alex! It's such a shame we'll only get one night in April. However, we are going to Disneyland Paris in June and September, so I can't complain too much! I'll take Disney with my family in any way I can get it.

Awww. Just read up on your night at EPCOT.

It is crazy (and spoiler alert- will continue to be) how different two kids from the same set of parents can be. Shy-outgoing/mellow-active/demanding-giving. And then those traits can flip-flop. :sad2:

That is a shame about Landon's reaction to Soarin'. So hard to predict. I guess some of the images are awfully large and hard to process. And the spectacular places visited during the film are probably not as meaningful or interesting to little ones. But nonetheless, I suspect Landon may try again sometime before adulthood...

It's unbelievable how different Landon and Evie are from one another! Sure makes life interesting for us parents, trying to appease both personalities. I'm glad Alex and I are pretty sure we're done having more kids; I couldn't imagine adding a third personality to the mix!

I'm hopeful Landon will give Soarin' another shot when he gets older. He's got a scary good memory (he still remembers little facts like what order his books at his Nana's house are in) so hopefully he won't hang on to that feeling of being scared forever. Of course, I think when Evie can go on it, she'll give him a hard enough time that he'll feel the need to prove to her he's not a scaredy cat and will ride. Siblings...

I love this whole thing and so very true!

Haha, Garden Grill is probably the most intense/frequent character interaction meal, so your party was really split on that being a good thing or not. I hope Evie will enjoy them much more on future visits!

I can see why he was scared - I had to remind Izzy a lot that it was a movie and they would try to scare us for fun. She does love it, so maybe she can talk it up to Landon next summer.

Does Izzy still need a stroller? Do you still have to make that trek to stroller parking every time you want to go to the Land?

I did not know that about Garden Grill! On one hand, that's a dream come true for Landon. On the other, it's torture for Evie. I'm holding out hope, though, that face characters will be better...

Maybe! He's terrified to ride Haunted Mansion but that his best friend's ride, and he's finally reached the point where he says he'll try it so long as his friend is there to talk him through it. So maybe Izzy will be able to convince him to ride some of the more adventurous rides at DLP.

Someday, that will be incredibly funny! We couldn't visit Disney until our kids were a little bit older (6 and 9) because we knew the youngest would be terrified of the characters. Once, in NYC, at the age of 3, she say the fire prevention dog at a parade and started screeching at him, in sheer terror, "BAD DOG! BAD DOG!".

Your report is great! Hope you had a lovely Christmas in Germany!

Thanks, we did! It was very relaxing, which is all I can ask for with two small children.

I imagine 6 and 9 were great ages to visit Disney. As much as I love seeing everything through my baby/toddler kids' eyes, I do look forward to the day they are older and are more independent/less scared. I think if our plans fall into place the way we want them to, we won't have another big trip until Landon and Evie are 8 and 6, so I suppose I'll find out for myself!

Oh my goodness, that "bad dog" story is too funny. I'm sure it wasn't at the time, because you had to comfort your poor frightened three year old, but how sweet that she referred to the giant dog as "bad."

I just said hello to you over on your blog. Now I am going back to finish reading your tr.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Poor things I don't know who I feel more sorry for you adults or Evie.

Happy New Year to you, as well! I hope the holiday season treated you well.
Oh, I already commented on your report, but I'll just say that I found your TR today and will start working my way through your updates. Disney with all the Christmas festivities...I'm can't wait to read about it.

I just said hello to you over on your blog. Now I am going back to finish reading your tr.

Yes! Thank you for reading both! Hopefully you're not too overwhelmed by all the kid photos and Germany descriptions. :rotfl:

July 22, 2017 Part 1:

Our second park day started out much the same as the day before. Landon woke up bright and early and we made breakfast in the room. Originally, my mom and I were going to take the kids to the pool as soon as we were changed and ready, but when we walked over there we saw a sign telling us the pool was closed until 10 o’clock.

Well, that was a bit of a bummer. I’m guessing it had to with the lifeguards and the assumption that nobody would be crazy enough to want to go swimming at 9 in the morning. I can’t remember if the Disney resorts have this same policy. I know they close at midnight like Shades, but surely they open sooner than ten? Any pool experts know the answer?

So instead of swimming, my mom and I started a load of laundry. Yes, yes, yes, it was only our third day of traveling and we didn’t have THAT much to wash, but it was enough to fill a small load and gave us something to do while we waited. When we first walked into the laundry room, there was a man having it out with the coin machine in the corner of the room.

Oh yeah…Shades still operates on coin machines. One of those little examples of how the resort isn’t quite on the same level as Disney.

The guy was becoming very heated because the machine kept rejecting all the dollar bills he had; my mom offered to try hers to see if it was his money that was the problem or the machine. Hers didn’t work, either, which meant the machine was probably out of coins. My mother and our new buddy had to walk all the way down to the lobby to make change at the front desk.

Fortunately, the kids kept entertained by watching the dryers that were running.

Nothing like spinning clothes to entrance a young mind…

Eventually my mom and the man made it back and the laundry process could commence. On the walk back to our room, my mom told me how the guy she walked with was “not impressed” by Disney World. He kept mentioning how much it rained here in Florida.

Well, duh.

I thought that was common knowledge.

I guess the guy and his family were frequent Disneyland visitors and wanted to try Walt Disney World out for a change of pace. Apparently, he didn’t think these parks were as good as the ones out in California. And when he found out we’d never been before, he launched into a long spewl about how amazing the original park was and how we needed to skip WDW and save up our money to go out to CA.

In my mom’s words: “I had never heard someone brag about Disneyland as much as this guy did.”

Guess listening to a stranger’s impassioned speech beat walking the resorts halls alone.

My mom and I took turns running to the laundry room to check on our clothes, and at ten o’clock we headed back to the pools. Landon remembered the amazing kids’ water section and didn’t waste any time climbing onto the structure. Last time he was a tad bit too small for the tunnel slide but this year he mastered it immediately. Meanwhile, Evie stayed in the pool part and enjoyed the water jets that would spontaneously shoot at her. Eventually, I convinced her to go up the steps and find the small set of slides that she could go down. And when that connection was made she was happy as could be.

01.JPG

02.JPG

My mom and I were getting hot standing around in the kiddie pool, so we each grabbed a kid and went into the main pool for a few minutes. Landon was wearing inflatable floaties on each arm, and a lifeguard came by and told me I needed to take them off and put a life vest on him. There was a brief moment where the lifeguard and I got snippy with one another, because I had simply asked her why, and her response was “Take them off or get out of the pool.” I’ll admit, I might have come at her with an attitude, but it was unintentional. I knew Landon would throw a fit having to switch to a vest, and I was trying to see if I could avoid that.

I didn’t make a lot of ground with the lifeguard, but fortunately my mom was more level headed and asked more politely, and the lifeguard explained to her that since Landon’s flotation devices were inflatable they could puncture and he could still drown. Essentially, the lifevests covered their butts and kept them from being liable. The guard did go on to say I could keep the floaties on with the vest.

Chagrined, I apologized for snapping at her and conceded that she had a good point. Luckily, Landon didn’t put up too much of a fight. Especially when I told him his options were go back to the kiddie pool or change into the vest and continue to swim with the adults.

However, the crazy kid kept asking if he could go on the adult slide that was set at the deep end of the pool.

Heck no, son!

He nagged me so much about it that eventually I had to walk him over to the height requirement sign and prove to him that he was too young to ride. The boy was petrified of Soarin’ but thought he could handle a water slide.

Silly.

Evie quickly got bored in the main pool so we finished out our pool time in the kiddie section.

03.JPG

In total, we were there for close to two hours, which was a long time for the kids as far as tiring them out goes. My mom got them changed, bathed, and settled in the room while I ran down to the café next to the bus stop and bought sandwiches, chips, and fruit for us to share as a lunch. The food was basic; if I had sub rolls and deli meat I could have made the same thing, and it was expensive! More expensive than in the parks, if you can believe that. A single container of grapes cost 3.50. And there were maybe fifteen grapes in that bad boy.

Ouch.

04.JPG

After lunch, both kids took a nap while my mom and I messed around on our ipads, made some phone calls, and generally did nothing. Basically the complete opposite of what Alex would ever do at Disney. He’s a firm believer that resorts are for sleeping and showering, any longer and you’re wasting valuable park time.

Probably for the best that he’s missed a lot of the trips when the kids were babies. It kills him a little to have to take “down days” for their sake.

At 3:30/4, everyone was ready to head to a park. Finally. My mom and I decided to visit Animal Kingdom this evening with the goal of walking around Pandora and riding the safari. Our trip occurred before Shades switched to the 60 day out Fastpass system, so I couldn’t make our passes until 30 days out and by then there were absolutely no Pandora ride left. Not that it mattered. I had gone on earlier in the day and tweaked our plans to fit our new down day, anyways.

We had a Lion King pass for 4pm, but we missed that by a long shot. I think we were walking up here at that time:

05.JPG

My mom was getting sick of only having one stroller between two children, so the first thing we did once inside Animal Kingdom was go into a store so she could inquire about strollers. A Cast Member told her that they don’t sell strollers anywhere on property (which makes sense; they want you to rent one at the front). Since we were in the store already, my mom offered to buy each kid a gift and I told her so long as it could fit in our suitcase I didn’t care.

We let the littles start scoping out the toys.

06.JPG

There were a lot of options for them to choose from. And even a few things for the adults to debate.

07.JPG

But nothing was grabbing Evie’s attention long enough to keep her enterained. Although the dolls came close.

08.JPG

In the end, Landon found something he loved, but we decided to wait and look for something for Evie on another day. While Evie was playing with a Rapunzel doll, Landon had spotted Tinkerbell and that was all she wrote. He grabbed her off the shelf and refused to let go. My mom had to pry it out of his fingers in order to pay, and when the CM asked if he wanted the tags cut off, he said no and asked for her back.

09.JPG

Welcome to the trip reports, Tinkerbell.

The little fairy suddenly became a 5th member of our party. Wherever Landon went, Tinkerbell wasn’t far behind. Never a night went by where Tink wasn’t tucked next to Landon and his favorite stuffed puppy and there she remains, earning one of the coveted spots on his bed every night.

Landon’s loves are adorably simple. Small World, Peter Pan, and Paw Patrol.

(He strayed to the dark side this past fall, obsessing over a Nickelodeon show. For shame!)

Our next order of business was getting something to eat. Those sandwiches had worn off, and we needed to fill our bellies before hitting up the attractions. Pandora had been open less than three months during the time of our trip, and I did not have the energy to fight the masses to eat at the Canteen – no matter how many rave reviews I had read. So instead I took my group in the complete opposite direction and landed us at Restaurantosaurus.

Nothing fancy or delightful for us that night. My mom and I wanted something quick, something easy, and something the kids wouldn’t complain about.

Fortunately for us, the side rooms of the restaurant were almost completely empty. All the other guests seemed to be battling it out for tables near the drink stations with nobody venturing into the back area. Perhaps they thought it was closed? Either way, my mom offered to order the food while I got us a table and settled the kids in their seats.

I picked a table in the back corner of the room with a fun view of our surroundings.

(That desk right in that photo actually housed the Cast Member’s cleaning supplies and spare napkins. I know this because a poor CM retrieved stuff from there several times throughout our meal. Every time a family got up from a table, he would go get his tools and go to work scrubbing the vacated spot. Either he was fairly new to the job and was trying to impress, he had an amazing work ethic, or he was a germophobe. Because his station was spotless!)

Believe it or not, this was my first time eating at Restaurantosarous. I got a huge kick at seeing all the details and found plenty to point out to Landon to help pass the time as we waited on our food.

10.JPG

Even if you never eat here, I would recommend walking through this place and taking a peek at the fun illustrations on the walls and the props that are dispersed throughout the rooms. They’re fun and kitsch-y.

My mom found us with the food, sporting two of the buckets and shovels that come with the kids’ meals.

Naturally, Landon and Evie began to fight over whose was whose and trying to sabotage the one in their sibling’s hand. Both would have whacked each other upside the heads with the buckets had I not taken them away and issued a “Eat your food then maybe you can have your bucket back” decree.

And in case they didn’t think I was serious, I made Tinkerbell sheriff over my new law and issued a watch order of said buckets as well as my camera.

No grubby hands would be sneaking those buckets away on her watch!

Landon and my mom got chicken nuggets while Evie and I had the burgers. My mom and I thought it’d be safe to get an even two and two, in case Evie should change her mind and NOT want what I had.

And, what do you know, she didn’t want her burger…

My mom ended up giving her half her nuggets and eating about half her kids’ burger. No matter what main entrée we had ordered her, though, it wouldn’t have mattered. Evie was excited to see that she had broccoli as her side.

She’s my broccoli eater. Girl can pack away her fair share of “little trees” as Landon used to refer to them. So she was ecstatic to get some of her favorite food for dinner that night. Landon? He was pretty miffed that I made him eat two bites before he could have his fries.

No doubt he was thinking unkind thoughts towards his little sister in that situation. Dang Sister, she just HAS to like broccoli…

Overall, the food here was not great. The burger was cold, the buns hard, but the kids ate almost everything and we pretty much had the room to ourselves. Therefore, despite the food not wowing us away, my mom and I were happy with our restaurant decision. The meal was very relaxed, that magical Disney atmosphere was permeating the air, and everyone was in good spirits. I remember taking the kids to the bathroom one at a time, and when it was Landon’s turn he spotted a Cast Member cleaning the sinks. He asked me what she was doing and when I explained to him that she was helping keep the restrooms clean for us, he walked up to her and said hello, then said, “Thank you for wiping down the counters!”

I worried that the CM would think Landon was being sarcastic but thankfully she gave him a big smile and said, “You’re welcome.” I added to Landon’s comment, saying how we appreciated her work and once we got back into the main restaurant area, Landon said to me, “I like the workers here. They do a good job.”

Oh, my heart…

The beautiful thing about going to Disney with my kids at different ages is that I get to see them notice new things and become more aware of the inner workings of the parks. Landon’s now reached an age where he can make the connection between a happy moment and the CM who made it happen, and he’s the type of kid who won’t shy away from pointing it out. I’d like to think my tradition of leaving a positive comment card at least once a trip will carry on with him as he gets older.

I really feel like Landon “gets Disney” even though he’s only 4. On some level he understands that it takes imagination, technology, and unprecedented customer service to make Walt Disney World the place it is, and I cannot wait to see what he does with that knowledge as he gets older.

Up Next…So That’s Where the TR Title Came From

Well, that was a bit of a bummer. I’m guessing it had to with the lifeguards and the assumption that nobody would be crazy enough to want to go swimming at 9 in the morning. I can’t remember if the Disney resorts have this same policy. I know they close at midnight like Shades, but surely they open sooner than ten? Any pool experts know the answer?

I can speak to the Beach Club.

The feature pool, Stormalong Bay is open from either 9 am or 10 depending on the time of year, however the quiet pools are available from 7 am to 11 pm.

Not positive, but I think most of the Disney pools are subject to the latter hours.

:fish:

Welcome to the trip reports, Tinkerbell.

The little fairy suddenly became a 5th member of our party. Wherever Landon went, Tinkerbell wasn’t far behind. Never a night went by where Tink wasn’t tucked next to Landon and his favorite stuffed puppy and there she remains, earning one of the coveted spots on his bed every night.

Oh, the treasured toy... Ben never attached to anything in particular, but OMG- Nate had a Little People lion that he carried around everywhere from about age 2 and for several years thereafter. I purchased it from a discount store because they discontinued this set and animals. Bad move!* He would take it in the crib with him and if it fell onto the floor, his first words in the morning were "Nay Nay Roar!" We eventually had to forbid him from leaving the house with it, because he would accidentally leave it behind. Few close calls there. He would also hide it or lose it in the house. I ripped apart the house many time looking for that lion.

* I eventually ordered another set from ebay in the terrifying possibility that Nay Nay Roar would somehow disappear permanently.

** He continued to treasure this lion until at least 2nd grade. He took it into school for show and tell and temporarily misplaced it there (we found it the next day in his mitten)

It still sits up on a shelf in his room at home, even while he is away at college.

lion.jpg

Believe it or not, this was my first time eating at Restaurantosarous.

Despite Ben's obsession with dinosaurs, I have not eaten there. He is obsessed more with food than dinos...

She’s my broccoli eater. Girl can pack away her fair share of “little trees” as Landon used to refer to them.

This is super!

He asked me what she was doing and when I explained to him that she was helping keep the restrooms clean for us, he walked up to her and said hello, then said, “Thank you for wiping down the counters!”

Also great!

:goodvibes

Sounds like a good rest morning! You guys got to spend a lot of time at the pool, which I'm sure the kids appreciated!

Aww Landon & his Tinkerbell- I love it!

Haha I guess a successful/calm meal definitely outweighs a tasty one! Landon's interaction with the CM sounds so sweet! He's definitely your Disney boy :)

It seems like this day was something you all needed! Glad you were able to really recharge and relax as a family.

I guess the guy and his family were frequent Disneyland visitors and wanted to try Walt Disney World out for a change of pace. Apparently, he didn’t think these parks were as good as the ones out in California. And when he found out we’d never been before, he launched into a long spewl about how amazing the original park was and how we needed to skip WDW and save up our money to go out to CA.

In my mom’s words: “I had never heard someone brag about Disneyland as much as this guy did.”

Guess listening to a stranger’s impassioned speech beat walking the resorts halls alone.
I do agree you should come out to CA when you get a chance, though I don't think the parks are necessarily better than WDW. Just different. More compact, but more rides. Less shows. More classic. But I love the bubble of WDW and how you can just be fully immersed all of the time. At DLR its all within a city, so harder to feel in the magic 24/7!

Landon’s loves are adorably simple. Small World, Peter Pan, and Paw Patrol.
Soooo cute!

I know they close at midnight like Shades, but surely they open sooner than ten? Any pool experts know the answer?
I was shocked that while at Grand Floridian in December the courtyard pool was open 24 hr's.

Never a night went by where Tink wasn’t tucked next to Landon
Cute

Restaurantosaurus.
This is the first TR that I've heard anything about this restaurant.

I explained to him that she was helping keep the restrooms clean for us, he walked up to her and said hello, then said, “Thank you for wiping down the counters!”
How adorable melts your heart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!