This Bridge is Old, Like You! - A July 2017 and April 2018 TR *Completed + New TR Link Posted

You're never too young or old to go to Disney for the first time! Taking kids so young comes with its own set of challenges, but magical moments like the Tinker Bell meet make it worth them all.
And didn't Hunter take his first steps on Main St? Or am I mis-remembering? (That's completely possible.) If so, just another example why every family knows when it's right to take their young ones to the parks.

Your memory is great! Hunter did take his first steps right down Main Street, USA!

I am always for some solo time in the parks, but my mom prefers to travel in a party. Personalities, I guess. I'm very introverted while she's extroverted...

When you don't set the bar for a restaurant's food very high, it doesn't have to do much to surprise you.

Very true. And that's okay! If we were all the same, what an incredibly boring place this would be!

LOL! That's also true. Some of my most disappointing meals were in places that were overly jacked up to live up to. Beaches and Cream was one.

I haven’t been on the dis in a while and don’t have time to catch up on all my watches threads but I’ve just managed to catch up on your trip report and I’m so so glad I did!! Landon has brought a much needed smile to my face this day and truly warmed my heart with his Tinkerbell meet n greet :)
Fab photos and I love that Evie sat in for a photo too. Brilliant to see how much fun and how truly star struck Landon was <3

That was the best, sweetest story ever "When Landon met Tinkerbell"

What a fantastic interaction, including Evie staring down Tink.

I can’t wait to make them do this when they’re teenagers. Oh, the angst I’ll receive…

You are not wrong!

::yes::

I am the worst DISer ever, but hey - I'm back and caught up! I've missed reading about everyone's trips, but loved catching up on yours. Cannot wait for this summer! :)

I haven’t been on the dis in a while and don’t have time to catch up on all my watches threads but I’ve just managed to catch up on your trip report and I’m so so glad I did!! Landon has brought a much needed smile to my face this day and truly warmed my heart with his Tinkerbell meet n greet :)
Fab photos and I love that Evie sat in for a photo too. Brilliant to see how much fun and how truly star struck Landon was <3

Aw, well thank you for reading my updates! I'm glad Landon was able to brighten your day a little; his meet with Tinker Bell was quite sweet and made going to Disney without Alex worth it.

That was the best, sweetest story ever "When Landon met Tinkerbell"

What a fantastic interaction, including Evie staring down Tink.

You are not wrong!

::yes::

When you get Landon with some characters, you're always in for a memorable occasion! I really hope he's still this enthralled with the characters when we go to Disneyland Paris in June...although, I'm almost certain Evie will still mean mug them from a distance. That's just Evie!

I am the worst DISer ever, but hey - I'm back and caught up! I've missed reading about everyone's trips, but loved catching up on yours. Cannot wait for this summer! :)

:wave2: It's good to see you back on the boards, Dugette! I've missed your reports, but I completely understand that life can get crazy and fun hobbies like the DIS need to be pushed to the back burner. Just know if you decide to write any more then I'll be here to read them!:goodvibes

I can't wait for the summer, either! Should be a lot of fun. Landon and Izzy are going to take DLP by storm!:rotfl:

I haven't read everything yet but I've started... your kiddos are getting so big!! I remember when you were pregnant with Landon, and it doesn't feel like it was that long ago! Nice to "see" you again, I look forward to reading the rest :)

Love the Tink meet!

Now that is a ringing endorsement!!!

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: I agree.

The Tink meet was fun to be able to witness!
Yeah, my mother was not impressed at all with the new fireworks show.

I haven't read everything yet but I've started... your kiddos are getting so big!! I remember when you were pregnant with Landon, and it doesn't feel like it was that long ago! Nice to "see" you again, I look forward to reading the rest :)

HEY!! It's great to see you back on the boards again!:goodvibes Kids seem to grow so fast; I'm sure your little E is pretty grown up now, herself.:)

My apologies to everyone for my extended absence. Earlier this month, Alex’s father passed away so we had to fly back to the states. The kids and I only stayed a week before coming back to Germany (had to get Landon back to school) but Alex is still over there helping his mom. Not going to lie, it’s been a difficult few weeks. My father in-law wasn’t that old, and the death was very unexpected. (Complications that arose from a car accident.) And because of all this, the DIS was put on the back burner for me.

However, I’m trying my hardest to settle back into my normal routine and would really like to have this report finished before we head BACK to Florida next month. (My poor kiddos…they are going to be so well traveled by the end of this year. April will mark 3 international trips in 9 months!) Alex and I haven’t discussed it yet, but as of right now we are still on for our 1 night stay at the Poly, so I need to wrap this report up in order to make way for our deluxe adventure!

But before I get back to that, I wanted to share our tiny day of Disney. We got to spend an afternoon in Disney Springs while back in the states. Alex and I had gotten a hotel by the Orlando Airport the night before I flew out, and we had a few hours to kill before check-in. It was the day after the funeral and Alex needed something happy in his life, so we checked out some of the new stores. Believe it or not, this was my first time visiting the shopping district since it had transformed into the Springs, and I was a little taken back by how big it has become. Lots of stores and lots to take in.

We stopped by Joffrey’s first and foremost so I could get a coffee, then we took Landon to the Lego store. He has just recently grown out of the Duplo phase and into the legit Legos, so seeing an entire store full of them was a real treat. He held my hand and walked from shelf to shelf, examining every box set for sale. His birthday is coming up soon, so I told him to look at the offerings and think about what he might want to for a present.

Evie, in true Evie form, completely freaked at the crowds and Alex had to find a quiet bench to sit with her and let her calm down. Good to know not much has changed with her and Disney in the past 6 months…:rolleyes:

Next, we checked out the Co op store, which I thoroughly enjoyed. So many Disney Dooneys, home décor, and dresses for sale. I could drop some serious money in that place. There was a gorgeous Tangled coffee mug that was calling my name, but I wasn’t in the mood to buy it and deal with packing it in my suitcase for the flight home. Alas, it stayed on the shelf.

Alex wanted to go check out the Pin Store, because nothing distracts my husband more than a good Disney shopping spree. He carried Evie over there while I took Landon in Once Upon a Toy.

I managed to snap a quick pic of him with Buzz:
IMG_6118 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

Oh, I almost forgot! We also stopped by the Ganachery and split a piece of fudge that tasted exactly like the Cast Member said it would. That happened on the way to the Lego Store; on the way back to our car we pit stopped at Vivoli Gelato and shared a medium cup of mint and chocolate ice cream. We had promised Landon a dessert for putting up with our shopping, and when asked he picked ice cream. The mint, in particular, turned out to be delicious and sharing it between two adults and two kids was the perfect amount.

Alex and I had tentatively planned to stop by Disney Springs on our way down to his mom’s house next month, but we weren’t set on it. After seeing the variety of stores and the food options, though, I definitely want to go back. There’s several places I want to see that I missed this time around, and I want to take the kids back to the toys when we have their Christmas money with them. I think since we’re dragging them on yet another long international flight 40 days after their last one, they deserve an awesome new toy from Disney. Don’t you think? It’s the least we can do.

All right, continued in the next post will be my latest update about my July trip. Thanks for bearing with me, guys!

July 24th, 2017 Part 1:

Another Disney morning, another day to hit the Disney parks! Since the kids had spent the night before at Shades taking it easy, they were awake and ready to roll bright and early. My mom and I made our way to the bus that took us to the Ticket and Transportation Center, where we went through a long bag check line. Then to the Epcot monorail, where we rode it to the park entrance and….what do you know? We did bag check again.

Seriously…I don’t see myself ever stopping from rolling my eyes at this setup. It’s a redundant process that I seriously hope gets fixed under Epcot’s change.

My group had managed to get through all those steps before park opening, so we waited with the masses for 9 o’clock to roll around.

IMG_0329.JPG

It was a cloudy morning:

IMG_0332.JPG

When we were allowed through the tapstiles, we stopped by the stroller rental building and got our handy dandy second stroller.

IMG_0333.JPG

Looks like Landon won the battle for the beloved stroller that morning. But it also appears that I plied Evie with food to get her to cooperate.

That’s kind of how my parenting style is summed up.

Avoid meltdowns through food.

Yep.:rotfl2:

A+ mom skills.

First up on our agenda this morning was some serious Soarin’ ridin’. My mom and I both had Fastpasses for this attraction, so we high tailed it over to the Land and followed the masses downstairs to the ride entrance. My mom walked the kids up with me and got a Rider Swap, then she took the kids to the aquarium next door.

My mom had commented on the new Soarin’ film appearing “sideways” but I hadn’t noticed anything like that when it was my turn to ride. As it turned out, that was because I was sitting in the middle section of the theater and had no distortion. This time around, I sat on the far left and could definitely see what she meant. It was a bit of a bummer, but I still think the new video fits into Epcot seamlessly. I just wish they’d return California to Disneyland that way I could enjoy both.

While on the ride, I was seated next to a mom, her kid, and her mother who were visiting from the UK. The mom was an absolute delight to sit with; she ooohed and aaahed at every scene, became so excited to name the locations, and even teared up at the end of the ride! As we were being lowered back to the theater floor, she wiped tears away from her cheeks and told her family, “That was the best ride I’ve ever gone on!”

Her enthusiasm was so sweet that I had made the decision mid-ride to make her day a little brighter. As we were walking down the exit hallway, I stopped her and handed her the Rider Swap pass I had received a few nights ago. Once I explained how it worked and convinced her that I wouldn’t miss it, her face lit up and her kid was jumping with joy. “Let’s go do it again, Mom! Let’s go!!!”

Without question, one of my favorite moments of the trip.:goodvibes

Feeling great, I met up with my mom in the aquarium and swapped spots with her so she could use her Fastpass.

The kids stayed busy watching all the different fish:

IMG_0335.JPG

About twenty minutes later, my mom called and said she was done and we met up by the strollers to head to the World Showcase. The clouds had cleared and it was turning into a beautiful morning.
IMG_0340.JPG

IMG_0342.JPG

It wasn’t quite eleven yet and therefore the walk to the World Showcase was pretty empty. We had the sidewalks to ourselves.

IMG_0343.JPG

My mom and I didn’t have much of a plan, other than make it to our eleven thirty lunch reservation, so we took our sweet time pushing the strollers through Mexico and into Norway. We stopped for a diaper run at the new bathrooms, and I remember being very impressed that they had more than one changing station in the restroom.

It’s the little things that make a parent’s heart sing…

After we had all finished up, I walked around the corner and noticed that Frozen Ever After had a twenty minute wait.

WHAT?!

No way.

Quickly, I returned to my mom and informed her we had to park the stroller ASAP and hop in line. I don’t know how we managed to get it, but the wait time really was only twenty minutes. It was probably the exact amount of time I would be willing for that particular attraction.

IMG_5181.JPG

Landon was fussy standing around, so my mom gave him her phone that had some Netflix shows downloaded on to it, and he watched those for the duration of our wait. He completely missed the adorable queue area, including the sauna section. Personally, I loved that!

Right as we were boarding our boat, Evie decided to ruin her nice new diaper and leave us and everyone else in the boat struggling for fresh air during the ride. Thanks, kid. What a way to ride Frozen Ever After for the first time.

Yeesh.:rotfl:

IMG_5184.JPG

I wanted to hate this attraction. I really did. Because I LOVED Maelstrom and was one of those guests that was so irritated it was closing to make way for a film.

One that wasn’t even set in Norway!

I don’t like Frozen in the Norway pavilion. I don’t. Arrendale isn’t a real place, and I don’t think it belongs in a location whose intentions are to bring education and awareness to people about a REAL country.

If Disney wanted to change Gran Fiesta Tour to Cocoa, I wouldn’t mind because that’s a film that showcases the Mexican culture. Alex had no clue what Dia De Los Muertos was before he saw that film, and one of his first comments after he watched it was, “I have a lot better understanding of the holiday now.” So THAT would make sense.

But who’s going to watch Frozen and think they know something about Norwegian culture? I mean, really…

Yikes, I went off point there. Sorry. What I was trying to say was that I was completely ready to hate the attraction and go on a long tangent about how Maelstrom was better.

Butttt, I couldn’t.

The ride was good. It was entertaining, timed really well to the music, and reminded me of all the other dark boat rides I enjoy.

Darn.

So I can’t say I hate, but I can say that I wish it were in another park.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Dumped in the gift shop, I tried to take a picture of Evie with the signature troll since I have so many of Landon and Alex with him, but she wasn’t having it.

IMG_0344.JPG

That’s Evie for you, rebelling against my plans since 2015.

Since we had made the decision to wait in line and ride Frozen, my mom and I were cutting it kind of close for our lunch reservation. We rushed through Evie’s second diaper change and settled the kids into their strollers so we could hurry to the pavilion we needed.

Up Next…It’s Only Espresso, Go Ahead and Give it to Him

Just popping in to say Happy St Patrick’s Day. I’m so sorry to hear about Alex’s Dad. It must have been such a shock for you all and tough to bear being so far from home. Sending you all my sincerest condolences.
I’m glad you got a wee trip to the springs to brighten both yours and Alex’s day before you returned to Germany. Hope Landon is enjoying school :)
Love that you managed to spread some magic in Epcot and obviously karma was on your side with the short wait for FEA. Lovely to read about your day. Hope you and Alex are doing ok :hug:

So sorry about the loss of your father in law. Prayers for you all. Happy you were able to bring a little sunshine into it with your Disney Springs adventure.

Avoid meltdowns through food.

Yep.:rotfl2:

A+ mom skills.
Don't worry, all good moms do it...

Without question, one of my favorite moments of the trip.:goodvibes
That is awesome that you got to spread a little disney magic. I feel like that is what makes disney great sometimes. It's that the people visiting want to spread the magic as well!

Quickly, I returned to my mom and informed her we had to park the stroller ASAP and hop in line. I don’t know how we managed to get it, but the wait time really was only twenty minutes. It was probably the exact amount of time I would be willing for that particular attraction.

img_5181-jpg.309399
AMAZING!!! We have only ridden this once, as my girls prefer to use there fastness for Test Track.

So sorry for you and Alex's loss. Losing a loved one is never easy, and it's even worse when it's unexpected. My condolences.

Disney Springs day sounds nice! I've discovered that it's really a nice place to spend some time on a down day.

I will admit, I don't have kids, but from what I've seen ... bribery always works. Giving your kid food to avoid a meltdown sounds totally legit to me. (Maybe it's a good thing that I don't have kids ...)

Wow, I can't believe you found a 30-minute wait for Frozen - that's awesome! I'm glad to hear you liked it. I get the complaints that it's not actually about Norway, but honestly ... I'm just always happy for more boat rides at Disney, and I hated Maelstrom. So this at least is something I would ride.

Once again, my heart goes out to your family. :grouphug:

I'm glad you were able to spend a little bit of time at Disney Springs. I still have not been there since the change from DTD. But, oh, the Lego years! My boys, especially Ben, were obsessed with the little bricks. We have a huge collection of Star Wars (including the Death Star), Hobbit and Harry Potter Sets. Thousands and Thousands of dollars worth of Legos- mostly scattered in pieces in the basement.

************************************************************************************************************

You are having a pretty decent morning in EPCOT so far. The aquarium is a great place to spend time with the kids while taking turns on Soarin.

Your story about giving away your rider swap passes is very similar to one of my favorite memories in AK. My family was headed out of the park. We had 4 FP for Everest, but the boys didn't want to ride, so I went solo. I rode with a grandmother, mom and daughter from UK. They laughed and screamed throughout the whole ride and at the end said how much they loved it. I asked them if they wanted to go again right away and gave them the other 3 FP. "Are you serious?" They were so thankful!

Maybe it is the same group going to park to park riding the headliners hoping for the generosity of others!

20 minutes is the perfect wait time for Frozen. I loved the queue line, but only for about that amount of time. I have only watched Frozen once. I really liked the ride, thought it was technically well-done, but my husband, who has not seen the movie, was not impressed.

That’s Evie for you, rebelling against my plans since 2015.

:rotfl2:

Again, I'm sorry for the loss of your FIL :( I hope you are all doing ok.

I'm glad you had a nice time at DS to distract you guys.

Aww that's such a sweet encounter on Soarin. It's really nice seeing moments like that and so great of you to pay it forward and share your rider swap pass.

Nice luck getting on Frozen with such a short wait at that time of morning! I'm glad you enjoyed it, even with the added smells :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter