Thinking of switching resorts. Can I keep my 35% discount if I do?

ivegotayen

Earning My Ears
We booked a 09/01-09/08 stay at AKL with Free Dining. Now that the Dining Plans aren't available, there's not as much reason to stay at a deluxe resort. I'm thinking of switching to Pop or possibly AoA, so that we can take the Skyliner.

Has anyone successfully changed their reservation to switch to a different resort, and do you get to keep your 35% discount if you do?

Also... has anyone switched from Park Hopper tickets to Single Park tickets successfully and kept their resort discount?

We are more than likely scrapping the trip but watching and waiting, as we don't have to commit right now one way or the other.

Answering my own question a little bit. lol...

So I see reservations aren't being modified right now, and new reservations can't be made. I'll leave this up, and maybe if anyone has anything to report as these functions return, they can share their experience.

I'm kinda thinking there are others in the same boat, who booked a nicer resort to get the nicer dining plan and now might want to downgrade and go more basic with accommodations. Plus, skyliner.

Hi! So, besides the no modifications/new reservations, the discounts are usually less for the lower value hotels. I think it's 30% for Mods and 25% for Value.

I'm kinda thinking there are others in the same boat, who booked a nicer resort to get the nicer dining plan and now might want to downgrade and go more basic with accommodations. Plus, skyliner.
I think there might be people who would like to switch from a Value to a Deluxe with the discount as well. I mean, if I could get 35% off on a Poly standard room, I might consider it.

Booked July 31st through August 13th. Most likely cancelling but we have discussed possibly shortening our trip from 14 to 8 days and hitting Siesta key afterward.

We also have to remove 1 party member who cannot go, daughters boyfriend, due to a new job. It's making me nervous right now that IF we decide to still go, I can't make these reservation changes yet. On top of that, as far as I know, we must still cancel by June 30th in order to get a full refund......

We had the free dining as well and received the 35% and want to move our trip to next year. We were also hoping to keep the 35%, but it doesn't look like this is happening for people. It's really unfortunate. We had a killer deal on our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter