Thinking of going over Xmas/New Year am I mad?

sal1309

Earning My Ears
So we have always said we would love to go away over xmas. So considering doing so this year for 3 weeks in our favourite place.

We normally go October and have also been over Easter.

Im not too worried about doing Disney and we were thinking Discovery Cove Xmas day. I worry Universal, Busch and the waterparks will just be manic. Also not sure what the weather is like and even if the Water Parks will be doable in December?

Any one been over xmas/new year? Any advice much appreciated.

Christmas week into the New Year is one of the busiest times at Disney, so I imagine it will be the case elsewhere too.
Thanksgiving week in November comes a close second.
You have to book Discovery Cove so I guess that limits the numbers - a pretty good Xmas day option if you've got the cash to do it.

It's not unusual for the water parks to close due to inclement weather, but you usually don't get more than a days notice.
The water parks tend to stagger their annual closures for a full refurbishment across December and January too.

We visited this year from 16 to 27 December. We were expecting overwhelmingly crowds (we usually visit from June to October) but we had a fabulous time. I may be wrong, but in our experience the crowds didn’t build up until 26 December. Before then, to us, it seemed quite quiet. We easily picked up extra FPs and last minute TS dining reservations. We visited the trees and gingerbread houses etc at various resorts, popped into lounges for drinks and nowhere seemed particularly busy.
Weatherwise we were not very lucky and experienced lots of long rain periods (quite different from the short, quick and heavy summer downfalls). The temperature was similar to a nice Spring or Autumn day in Wales 😉.
Universal with EPs was very easy.
I think that you will have a wonderful time.

We did it once, and I’m glad that I got to see all the parks decorated. But I wouldn’t do it again. Horrifically busy. We unluckily also had Florida’s coldest winter on record... having to de-ice the car on holiday isn’t my idea of fun.

We've been to WDW at Christmas and it was very very cold on Christmas day. I was wearing a T shirt, 2 fleeces, a hat, scarf and gloves. I might re-think discover cove. We were there for 2 weeks but only had 3 or 4 'pool' days. Other than that we stuck to the hot tub.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!