Thinking of a second purchase same resort but different use years.

Great feedback Bill. I never thought about it like that before. We also like the fall/winter time and we will be going on our first DVC stay at SSR this December (September UY).

We are already thinking about a 2nd home resort (possibly next year (2019) sometime) and were just trying to figure out how to plan around the UY, but I think the same UY makes sense for us too after reading up on it.

We have been to Disney several times over the last 20 years and thought about DVC, but never bought into it. Last fall we stayed at OKW and had some friends who were at SSR. We fell in love the place and lit the candle as soon as we got back home.

For the 2nd home resort, we really like the location of BWV but were contemplating BLT as well (but we have not toured either one yet and plan to do that when we are there in December.

We own VGF, BLT, BWV, BCV, AKV, and BRV. If we are willing to pay Disney prices for a vacation we want a Disney themed experience. Our favorite resorts are BWV, VGF, and BRV for the theming and locations. BLT has no theming IMO, (we bought prior to it's opening). We like to be close to the parks, we enjoy SSR for non park stays. BWV has a model room on the boardwalk. You might take a day to hop to the different resorts for a visit at Christmas, get a feel for the lobby and grounds, sit in the lobby for a rest, watch the CM's and guests. Later book a split stay at the resorts that feel right to further help you decide. You might want 3 resorts, MK, Epcot, and You can rent SSR out or use it for SSR stays or 7 month bookings.

:earsboy: Bill

We own VGF, BLT, BWV, BCV, AKV, and BRV. If we are willing to pay Disney prices for a vacation we want a Disney themed experience. Our favorite resorts are BWV, VGF, and BRV for the theming and locations. BLT has no theming IMO, (we bought prior to it's opening). We like to be close to the parks, we enjoy SSR for non park stays. BWV has a model room on the boardwalk. You might take a day to hop to the different resorts for a visit at Christmas, get a feel for the lobby and grounds, sit in the lobby for a rest, watch the CM's and guests. Later book a split stay at the resorts that feel right to further help you decide. You might want 3 resorts, MK, Epcot, and You can rent SSR out or use it for SSR stays or 7 month bookings.

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks again for your insights. We will be doing some DVC site visits this December when we are there to figure out our next purchase.

Last edited:
Thanks again fro your insights. We will be doing some DVC site visits this December when we are there to figure out our next purchase.

Cautionary tale: back in August 2016 we started talking about possibly buying DVC in early 2018 (like, now). So we were planning our August 2017 trip and decided to book stays on rented points at BCV and VGF. We’d already stayed at BWV and BLT, and figured those were our top 4 contenders. As you can see from my signature, we ended up buying BLT in early 2017 and VGF recently. So our rental stays helped a little, a little late.

That said, by the time we’d bought we had already stayed in a couple DVC and knew which one(s) we liked.

My reason for a second UY was money and time.

I already had 150 OKW September. Taking huge family trip (19-20 people) Summer 2019, so I used that and my new granddaughter as excuses to get more points. Few OKW Sept UY were around and most were stripped. I wanted the 2017 points to bank for the big trip.

Ended up with 220 OKW October for $72/pt. 2017 points all there, seller paid those maintenance fees.

I will end up using each contract every other year... average using 300 pts one year, 440 the next.

I figure if I can have checking accounts and debit cards at two different banks, I can handle two use years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!