Thinkin about June... tell me about it!

IloveWINNIEthePOOH

<font color=blue>Promises to wear sweat absorbing
We are most likely planning a Grand Gathering next year in the beginning of June. Somewhere between the 1st and the 12th.

I'm wondering what the crowds will be like? I know what the weather will be like, as I have been down to Florida during that time, just not Disney. The weather doesn't bother me at all, nor anyone else going with us, so weather is not an issue. I need the cold hard truth on the crowds! :hyper:

This year we went to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot during Spring Break, the week before Easter, just about every ride had a 45-60 minute wait, with fastpass it was just OK, but it wasn't the best!! :earseek: Can anyone give me a comparison to the times of travel? Unfortunately we can't go during the off-peak times cause of school, so June is basically our only option. The first week of August is also a consideration, any input on that?
Any help is GREAT!!

Thanks!!:wave2:

Another consideration... Second week of December?

We went this year the first week of June because I thought it wouldn't be too crowded due to some schools still being in session........boy was I wrong!!!! It was almost as crowded as the 4th of July and I think Hotter!!!

I've said it before and now I'm saying it again, but this time I'm serious, I won't go back in the summer........it's back to my favorite time of year.......early dec.

Okay, June was not my favorite time because it is very hot but I have kids in school too so it our best choice. Except for the heat we did okay by following some simple procedures

Get up and go first thing in the morning, yes early and at opening. Ride a few rides and get fast passes, this works for the first hour or so

leave in the afternoons, it is hot and very crowded in all lines and everywhere

E-night are worth the money to get the major rides at MK, go a little earlier and see some of the other show and attractions that are less busy by this time

evenings are pleasant for the minor attractions and of course the night shows. Do the second Fantasmic

I wouldn't go in summer by choice but I thought June was okay.

Hot, humid, rain and thunderstorms, heavy duty crowds. We've gone the last two years in June and I've sworn off June from now on.

Originally posted by jennymouse
Hot, humid, rain and thunderstorms, heavy duty crowds. We've gone the last two years in June and I've sworn off June from now on.

::yes::

December wins hands down! :D

I like April and May the best but b/c of my DH's job we went in June this year. It was not as bad as I thought it would be. We went to WDW from the 12-16. The 16th we did SW. The 17th we did US. The 18th we did IOA. The worst lines we encountered were at US.
We did not go to the MK first thing in the morning, although that was our original plan. We went around 1 or 2 in the afternoon. It was more crowded than May but not as bad as a I had expected. We used fast pass and the weather to our advantage. The first day we went to MK was a Sat. and it poured, which cleared a lot of people out of the parks. We were able to do a lot w/in a short period of time b/c of this. It was great! We also used e-Nights which I would highly recommend during this time of the year! MGM and Epcot were not that crowded. Animal Kingdom was probably the worst crowds we encountered at DW. Hope this helps some!

Edited to say: We are also planning to go back around the 2nd week of June 2005. I guess the crowds and the heat just didn't bother us too much! ;)

The first week-to-ten-days aren't so bad. MK gets a bit swamped, but when isn't it? Go for it and start planning!

Now, mid-July is killer for heat and crowds, but off I go in nine days anyway!;)

We have visited during early June for the past three years(and will be going back at the same time next year). This year was a little more crowded than we were used to but we were still able to get a lot done with a little planning, some park hopping and FastPass. It does rain every day at just about the same time. Usually it is a 15-20 minute shower but this year it was a big ol' thunderstorm(our Grand Gathering fireworks cruise was cancelled because of lightening:( ) every evening around 5 pm. Disney really does a great job of handling the crowds--we still never waited more than 15-20 minutes for rides without FP and they offered Spectro every night and twice on some nights. They also offered Fantasmic! twice on a couple of nights during our visit. HTH:D

We sprang for an AP this year and went for one week in March (early spring break season) and then for two weeks in June (6th thru 18th).

I would say the crowds were slightly heavier during spring break. In June, we found that if we went early, and avoided the early entry day parks, the crowds were very managable. We did not feel overly crowded at all.

I agree that an afternnon break is needed due to heat and crowds. Also in June, we got frequent late afternoon rainshowers (not that much of a problem since we were ususally "on break").

We had a great time on both trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter