Think skyliner will make CBR more popular?

Lovetherodent

Sleep Is For The Weak!
I've been staying deluxe pretty exclusively. My oldest has horrible motion sickness and the bus ride to the parks can do her in. The deluxes have better transportation options: boat, monorail, walking. But...the skyliner may change things for us. I know I am seriously considering CBR for a future trip. How about any of you?

Tough call for me. We are typically straight moderate resort people unless we are renting DVC points. CBR is easily our least favorite moderate resort and not one we usually consider for trips. We hated the size of the resort and had terrible luck with the buses. BUT the Skyliner adds that extra transportation which may help ease the bus situation there. If the Skyliner proves to be pretty cool and efficient, it might be worth another try for us.

We have DVC so we might stay at the new resort there with the skyline. Otherwise I would do my favorite, AKV.

After construction and the Skyliner, I am definitely interested. We stay mostly at the Port Orleans resorts, but I love trying new things. I am just waiting for the finished product....

And I am thinking less interested.

When I think Caribbean Resort, I'm not thinking of a gondola car riding feet overhead our beach village and beach. Or being on the other side of the lake and watching these things rolling back and forth to the parks. To me it is the opposite of the theme of the resort. When I begin paying for more than a value (especially that POP now has Queens), I am paying for the theme and atmosphere. I honestly don't know what the future of CBR holds as it seems Disney is intent on making it a casualty to transportation and DVC. I think it's quite sad.

And unless you are staying in the buildings with the gondolas rolling over your head ... you have a pretty long walk to the CBR gondola station. So you will ride the internal bus over there?

We stayed there last summer. Granted, it was during the ongoing construction, but we really didn't care too much for it. Beds were bad, beach was buggy, and bus service left a lot to be desired. Having a gondola to take us to Epcot or HS would be nice, but I don't think it'd be enough to overcome the other shortcomings.

CBR is not a bad resort for the price....you are a little land locked......only way in or out is by Bus (our car stays parked). So another form of transportation will only make that resort a little more appealing.

I think the mass appeal of the gondola system will bring more people to the resorts that it will frequent, no doubt about it, and that will include CBR. I think that CBR, AofA, Pop and the Riviera will also go up in rates. I am not a huge CBR fan but I would be more apt to give it a whirl when construction is over and the sky liner is running.

Also, they will raise the price of CBR. Guaranteed.

Yep. Honestly the gondola, while pretty unique in regards to WDW transportation will not service all parks, so it will probably not be the reason folks book. CBR is the only resort so far that my family refuses to return to. We likes certain aspects of this resort but there is no way to get around the fact that it is HUGE. Gondolas may mitigate some of that feeling, but no all. And when the cost increases to pay for the "location" rather than the "level" I would choose Deluxe and call it a day.

I think Trinidad South will be one of the most desirable sections of any WDW Resort with its own Restaurant,Pool,Laundry and the Gondola Station a short walk across the Bridge.:)

I'm curious to see it in action. Will the lines be obnoxiously long to board the Gondola? Will it take just as long as a bus? Will strollers have to be folded? Hopefully the answer will be "no" to all that.

We usually stay off-site, but will seriously consider on-site at Gondola hotel sites if the prices stay roughly the same. The convenience of not using a bus yet not being tied to deluxe hotel rates would tilt my scales in favor of on-site bookings. (I only consider deluxe, because that's the quality I can get off-site, very easily)

But, it's Disney...I'll bet these resorts attached to the gondola will be "premium moderate" or "magical moderate" resorts with a commensurate price increase....

I've never stayed at CBR so I have no concept of how huge it is. Will the fact that they knocked down part of the resort to build the Riviera make the size of CBR any more manageable? I'm interested since this is one of the resorts that sleep 5, but I hear the complaint over and over that it is too big.

It probably will make it much more desirable, and more expensive. With all the refurbishments going on there, it was much needed.

It will also probably increase the cost per night at Art of Animation & Pop Century by increasing their demand considerably.

I also think crowds and prices will increase....but I still want to try it! We've never stayed there but have always wanted to due to the beautiful theming.

It probably will make it much more desirable, and more expensive. With all the refurbishments going on there, it was much needed.

It will also probably increase the cost per night at Art of Animation & Pop Century by increasing their demand considerably.

This was my thought as well. This thread is judging by what CBR *was*, but it's going to be a much improved and upgraded resort when all the mess is done. The rooms will get renovated as well. I'm sure it'll be both more popular and more expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter