Things we should see at parks now that we've been several times?

Belleoftheboard

Earning My Ears
Not looking for the splashy expensive add on stuff, just things that you tend to miss when you're trying to hit all the 'don't miss' rides, etc. when going to a park for the first or second time. For instance, we've never gone on Tom Sawyer's Island at MK and I'd like to maybe do that this time. Any suggestions for all 4 parks? Thanks!

Just slow down and take in all the details. I swear one year my son and I sat on the bench outside of Italy in WS and happened to look up. Saw the statues on the top of the buildings which sparked a discussion as to who they were, which sparked a google search on the phone, which sparked another discussion after we figured out who they were. We sat there a good hour, I know everyone must have thought we were crazy just looking up but it was great. There is a nice peaceful tile room in the Moroccon pavilion, we love to sit there and relax.

MK: Ride the Liberty Bell, it's a peaceful ride, never crowded and you see things you don't see otherwise. Ride the train, goes all the way around the park and again, you see things you don't normally see.
AK: Stop and watch the monkeys play in Asia, walk slowly through each of the trails, walk the trail around the tree of life, stop and watch the performers.
HS: Watch the Star Wars stuff (I can't remember what the shows are called so stuff works) even if you aren't a Star Wars fan, which I'm not, it's fun. Watch the street performers, they are hilarious. Look in the store windows, the details are amazing, especially the windows after you get off the ToT.
Epcot: Watch the performers, watch the movies in China, France and Canada, wander through the gardens in China, France, GB and Japan. Take a tour of the tea garden in GP. Spend time in the Living Seas. Ride The Land, it's one of our favorite rides, the behind the seeds tour is only like $15 or so and well worth it.

Resort hop, decide if you are doing deluxe, moderate or value then go to the bus stop area and kind of hover, get in the line for the first bus coming around. Do a monorail resort crawl, eat lunch at one of them. Exit the IG from Epcot and walk around the Boardwalk and visit BW, YC and BC then grab some ice cream at either BW, BC or Dolphin (our favorite).

There are a number of attractions that I think people tend to skip over on their quest to hit the big stuff.

MK The tree house, it's actually pretty neat, Tom Sawyer Island, the People Mover, the entertainment on Main Street, and Main Street Transportation. The Piano Player outside Casey's, the glass blower in the glass shop on Main Street. These are all cool things that I think often get overlooked.

Epcot The gardens in the UK, the trains in Germany, really just all of the landscaping and architecture around World Showcase. Living with the Land, the Jammitors, Club Cool, the Circle of Life film.

AK Rafikis Planet Watch, Flights of Wonder, the forest trails, and walking around the Tree of Life. Lots to see there that isn't really attraction related, but adds tons of depth to the park.

I have to say just sit on a bench and relax a bit. We usually take our breaks at a QS and soak up the AC...but once my youngest daughter and I had the best time sitting on a bench by a tree in HS. She played with the mulch, and I people watched. She and I had a great conversation about our trip what she was liking...what she wanted to still do...her favorite characters and such. She was only three, but it was one of the best memories of our trips that I have.

Another time, everyone went into the Hall of Presidents while I went to a gift shop to get a surprise for someone. One of the rocking chairs near the exit of HoP was open so I snagged it to wait for them to come out. It was so nice to just sit there and watch the crowds...listen to the music...and take in the atmosphere of Liberty Square.

Watch all the performers! Gosh, we all zip right by them and these people are so talented! The singers and musicians that play right across from the Dawa Bar in Animal Kingdom are fantastic, and they start up a dance party with the crowd! Grab a coffee and a pastry from the bakery nearby and watch from a bench. Sublime!

AK: Flights of Wonder, Gorilla Exploration Trail
DHS: One Man's Dream
MK: Tom Sawyer Island, Riverboat, the Train
EP: Really take time to explore the WS

One thing that I'm planning on doing during my trip is when we get on the monorail to go to Magic Kingdom, we're going to get off at the Contemporary to look at the lobby. Passed through it multiple times but never actually got out to experience it. It's right on the way so why not? Slight possibility that we might do the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, as well.

Get one of the books by jim korkis books - secret stories of disney or one of the imaginering books. When you read these books it gives you much more to notice and find throughout the parks.

Contemporary to look at the lobby.
on of the jim korkis books gives you a little more history to the tiles you see in the lobby

AK: Flights of Wonder, Gorilla Exploration Trail
DHS: One Man's Dream
MK: Tom Sawyer Island, Riverboat, the Train
EP: Really take time to explore the WS
Good call on the river boat, I forgot all about that. We missed riding it last summer, and I was honestly quite disappointed. I already told the wife it is an absolute must do this year!

MK: Carousel of Progress: Liberty Belle riverboat
DHS: streetmosphere performers; 50's PTC
AK: Flights of Wonder; trails in Africa and Asia
Epcot: exploring pavilions and shops in World Showcase; Voices of Liberty

Bonus Disney Springs suggestion: Buy a Nob Hill Chill from Ghiradelli and enjoy it while listening to music after dark

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter