THINGS TO PACK -Let's Pack Together

I'm still working through the thread, but I'm going to add window tinting clings for kids in the back seat. We are renting a car and my son gets so upset about the sun in his face (um, rightly so! Haha). So I'm bringing a package of them to tint the back window. I got the at Target for less than $6 for a 2pack!

elleavon said:
After all these months of planning, taking notes, researching...we are leaving in 2 weeks. Yikes! Panic! I've forgotten everything I learned! Oh wait, here is a comprehensive list for me to follow. Ok, deep breath, it's all coming back to me now. Gonna run upstairs and pack the monistat antichaf gel and some moleskin...

Ha! I just ran out to Target and bought the moleskin and Monistat anti-chaf powder gel... Felt odd lurking in the condom, pregnancy test, uti section, but have read so many RAVES about the Monistat that I just want to be sure we have it on hand for this hot, humid trip if we need it! ;-)

I also pack a ziplock bag with a few Shout Color Catcher sheets (so that you can throw all colors of clothes in one load, worry-free), Purex laundry detergent /fabric softener sheets. I like having some sort of air freshened for the room, too - Yankee Candle Company even sells those cardboard, hanging air fresheners in the car section at Target. We got some cheap window gel clings of birthday cakes to put in our POFQ room window - celebratory for our sons' birthdays, and helps identify our room! :-)

20 days (15 work days) before our AWESOME TRIP!!! Wooooo HOOOO!!!

First I have to say thank you for this thread!! I got some great ideas for things to bring on our trip! Of course my husband just rolled his eyes when I told him about this thread! ;) I just have a question, have any of you actually used the shout color catchers? Do they work well? They would be great to take with us but I'm so afraid our clothes are going to get ruined and then we have to wear funky looking clothes the rest of the week!! :scared1: Thanks so much!!

DisneyFaeriePrincess said:
First I have to say thank you for this thread!! I got some great ideas for things to bring on our trip! Of course my husband just rolled his eyes when I told him about this thread! ;) I just have a question, have any of you actually used the shout color catchers? Do they work well? They would be great to take with us but I'm so afraid our clothes are going to get ruined and then we have to wear funky looking clothes the rest of the week!! :scared1: Thanks so much!!

I LOVE Shout Color Catchers, and started using them years ago after rave reviews from friends. I even was bold enough to try washing brand new RED clothes with lighter clothes - NO COLOR TRANSFER!! I always use them... Good luck!

I bring a small stroller to ANY park that has "wet" rides. I bring flip-flops, towels, sun screen, water ect.. This way we can change into flip-flops before splash mountain and don't have to walk around in soggy sneakers. (we hate crocs) and no need for a locker.

put the baby wipes in your carry on in case you have you use a scary public toilet on the go you can get a little fresh!
Also, put your favorite cereals in small zip locks. This way you just have to buy some milk on/off site to have yourself a bowl of cereal save time and money!

I'm thinking of bringing a portable (camping) stool. I have plantar fasciitis and can't stand in place for very long. Is it a good idea?

okw2012 said:
I'm thinking of bringing a portable (camping) stool. I have plantar fasciitis and can't stand in place for very long. Is it a good idea?

My hubby brought his. He actually brought two. They are small tripod types. I thought he was CRAZY! But figured it's his backpack, so oh well!

Boy did they come in handy!! It was great for the kids at parade times so they wouldn't have to sit on hot cement or in any long lines. They didn't weigh much at all and fit in his bag so it wasn't a big deal.

I'm sure other people thought he was ridiculous but it worked for us :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

So I always put all loose items: electronics, jewelry, change...etc...into zip lock baggies. I decided to put a strip of leopard print duct tape across each side of the bag so I know for sure my bags don't go astray!

When packing electronics in a suitcase I always put them in a hard container unless they will be carry-on. Last time I saved a plastic peanut container, washed it out and used that. Worked great. Learned this lesson the hard way when I arrived last time to a suitcase containing two broken phone chargers.

For packing all those fiddly cords, chargers, and other little things, I bought a Grid it. http://www.amazon.com/Cocoon-CPG10GY-GRID-IT-Organizer-Inch/dp/B002T0HRVY They come in all different sizes. I fill it up, then pop it in a large ziptop baggie and pack it in my carry on. I'm not taking any chances with my chargers not making it to my destination with me.

Also, it may not be necessary, but I pull the baggie out at the TSA checkpoints and put it in the tray next to my bag. I've had TSA question electronic cords before that were stuffed in my carryon. This way, they can just glance at the clear baggie and see that it's nothing dangerous and we can all go on with our lives. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter