things to do at Port Canaveral?

cwby22

Mouseketeer
We are looking at a Royal cruise out of NJ that stops at Port Canaveral. I've cruised out of Port Canaveral 7 times and don't recall anything to do near the Port. What have you done? Just stay on ship?
Maybe a beach day? Sounds crazy but are there shuttles that run to Disney or maybe Kennedy Space Center? We haven't booked yet so I don't know what excursions might be available. Any ideas?
We looked into renting a car but all rental car companies are closed that day. :scratchin

We stayed on the ship. It really gets in too late to do a day at Disney given the distance involved. I would consider one of the excursions, we did try to book a kayak excursions but they cancelled it before we sailed and I never bothered booking anything else. I considered SeaWorld but it closed early that day so we'd only have had a few hours. We were on Oasis and there is a lot to do on the ship.

I'd try an excursion to KSC if that is at all interesting to you. Otherwise, I'd just stay on the ship. There really isn't that much to do at Port Canaveral.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter