Things about brokers that irritate you?

Pluto777

DIS Veteran
Just a thread for everyone to come and get off their chest personal peeves from buying/selling DVC experiences. I'll start off light & with a bit of humor:

How about when a stripped contract is for sale and they say: "No dues until 20--"? Yeah sure. No dues. No points either!

When we took the tour at BLT in 2011 and indicated we wanted BLT to be our home but the contract we were asked to sign listed AKV as the home resort. (AKV was the newest resort they were pushing at the time.) The sales representative seemed irritated when he had to go redo the contract with BLT as the home resort. Read before signing.

We put in a bid on a February UY contract and then after the price was agreed to we got the contract to sign.......... but for a June UY contract. Broker blamed it on their IT guy listing the wrong UY on the website.

When I sold my contract years ago the broker told me to lower my price after just a day on the market. I ignored him and sold it at full asking price the next day.

Getting sales emails for a contract which sold weeks ago. I contacted one recently about a 25 pointer, only to be told 'Ah, sorry that sold last month'. It was still on the sales email when a new one came around a week later.

I have 2, ignorance or apathy on how DVC charges for dues resulting in usually overcharging resale buyers and controlling prices including refusing to accept listings that are price too low.

Listing a contract with a disclosure that it is owned by the broker....not willing to reduce price much and after it is on the market for a month and I submit another offer the counter is now higher than it was the last time I submitted an offer. BTW still on the market...good luck with that one!

lack of attention to detail. I can't tell you how many typos I corrected in both contracts I dealt with (and with two different companies). Along with having to explain how the FIRPTA thing worked to them as well. So in a nutshell, I get annoyed when people don't do their jobs.

My biggest complaint are brokers telling resale buyers that they need to pay the current year's maintenance fees in full, no matter what month it is, and no matter whether there are current use year points or not.

My second biggest complaint are brokers who accept listings that have "cannot close until..." dates that are 6 months away. If the seller wants to sell something after they take that final trip, do it then, and don't bother to list it for sale now.

My biggest complaint are brokers telling resale buyers that they need to pay the current year's maintenance fees in full, no matter what month it is, and no matter whether there are current use year points or not.

My second biggest complaint are brokers who accept listings that have "cannot close until..." dates that are 6 months away. If the seller wants to sell something after they take that final trip, do it then, and don't bother to list it for sale now.

<------------------This is exactly what i hate as a near future buyer.

is it normal for buyers to have to pay Dues for 2018 if we close on Dec8th or after? I realize the dues are due in JAN, but didn't know we could be having to pay them in full earlier... so idea if we will get past ROFR but...

is it normal for buyers to have to pay Dues for 2018 if we close on Dec8th or after? I realize the dues are due in JAN, but didn't know we could be having to pay them in full earlier... so idea if we will get past ROFR but...

ive looked at this too an their seems to be no rhyme or reason to how people list it

ive looked at this too an their seems to be no rhyme or reason to how people list it
I was told by the agent that if we close on dec 8th or after we are required to pay the 2018 Dues in full at closing. I just was under the impression that this is Disney's policy, wasn't something that the sellers asked for.

When I get a weekly email and 90% of the listing say “sale pending.” What do you expect? Am I suppose to call with a full-price back-up offer? For the love of all that is holy, show me contracts that are actually still for sale.

I was told by the agent that if we close on dec 8th or after we are required to pay the 2018 Dues in full at closing. I just was under the impression that this is Disney's policy, wasn't something that the sellers asked for.
It takes DVC's Admin dept a few weeks to get you in the system after you close on your purchase. If you close after a certain date in December there may not be enough time to update the ownership records in DVC's system before the dues bills are sent out in late December, potentially causing your bill to be sent to the seller instead of you. Having you pay next year's dues at closing avoids that problem.

It takes DVC's Admin dept a few weeks to get you in the system after you close on your purchase. If you close after a certain date in December there may not be enough time to update the ownership records in DVC's system before the dues bills are sent out in late December, potentially causing your bill to be sent to the seller instead of you. Having you pay next year's dues at closing avoids that problem.
PERFECT thanks !

When I get a weekly email and 90% of the listing say “sale pending.” What do you expect? Am I suppose to call with a full-price back-up offer? For the love of all that is holy, show me contracts that are actually still for sale.

No. They are expecting you to offer above asking price so that they can back out of the current agreement and with no penalty to the seller!

LAX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!