"They're going to do anything I tell them, I can tell!" A WONDERful First Cruise, February 2018

Good read! Looking forward to hearing more about your trip! :cutie:

Eeeek, sorry guys, it's been almost two weeks since my last update! My laptop display started acting all funky and appeared like I was having double vision. Took it to the local "Apple certified" repair place and they came up with "The apple logo on the top is cracked. You must have caused damage when you did that. That'll be $900 to replace the display." Ummmmm, nice try, but that crack has been there for about 2 years, and the display issue started two days ago. I'll be taking it to a REAL Apple Store for a second opinion. That led to a venture into Canada (the closest location of an actual Apple Store), them agreeing that the crack did not cause the problem, finding another "problem" but saying they could replace the display for FREE because of this other "problem", leaving the laptop there for four days, and then making a second trip back and forth into Canada to retrieve it! It's also not easy to do most computer related tasks, including updating trip reports, on a phone, hence the delay in updates. But it's all good now!

Stingrays: They're Just Like Cats - February 10th, Cruise Day 3, Part 1
This was the day I was most looking forward to - time for Castaway Cay! We were up before 7:30 and I took this photo from our verandah of the ship backing into port.
41053884074_540ff1f9f1_c.jpg

Breakfast this morning was at Cabanas, and there were so many things to choose from!
39341487970_18edc461d3_c.jpg

Back at the room, we got ready for the day because Mom and I had a 10am reservation at Castaway Ray's; C&B did not want to do any port adventures here so we left separately from them. I think we left the ship around 9:30 and it took almost no time to get off. We got on the tram and exited at the first stop to find a beach with many deserted chairs - score!
39341487330_6d522ccb9b_c.jpg

For today's Port Adventure's, I had booked the "Extreme Getaway Package": the stingray excursion, plus snorkel equipment and inner tube/float rentals for the day and a one hour bike rental. Mom doesn't really swim (or bike) so I signed her up only for Castaway Ray's at the same time as me, because she said she was willing to venture out of her comfort zone and give it a try!

We put our stuff on a couple of chairs closest to Gil's Snorkel Rental and Castaway Ray's (I know you're not supposed to "reserve" the chairs, but really, where are you meant to leave your belongings then?) Entering the line for Castaway Ray's, you first stop at the snorkel rental to pick up your gear, then go into a covered pavilion with benches. Once the group is gathered, a cast member gives you some information about the rays that call the lagoon home, and a basic overview of the excursion. We learned that there are about 70 stingrays in the lagoon at Castaway Cay, and only ONE of them is a male. The biggest female, Megatron, weighs something like 120 pound with a 6 foot span. They do keep the barbs trimmed, so no worries about getting stung! After putting on your bouyancy vest, everyone heads to the lagoon. The rays are trained that when they see the "stations" in the water, they know it's feeding time.

Here's a view of the lagoon and the Wonder.
39341486910_6263a602fe_c.jpg

And some photos of the rays swimming up, taking the food, letting us pet them, etc.
39341486480_cb5169d1cf_c.jpg

39341485760_dbf655cdb2_c.jpg

Oh, yeah, by the way, the "plates" they eat from are Mickey shaped, of course!
39341484980_a0b62b545c_c.jpg

39341484400_492b127f62_c.jpg

I said they remind me of cats because they tend to stay close to the bottom of the lagoon and kind of wind around your feet and ankles - don't move to quickly because you don't want to step on one and fall over/upset the ray!
40438906514_a37b0386ff_c.jpg

Once all the food was gone, we went back to the pavilion to put on our snorkel gear. Now, I know from the now-gone Shark Reef attraction at Typhoon Lagoon that I'm just NOT good at snorkeling. Part of it is that the breathing tube never seems to fit in my mouth correctly - I think I have a smaller mouth and honestly maybe a child's tube would fit better. But that makes the whole thing more difficult when you can't breathe well! So we tried doing some snorkeling in the stingray lagoon for the latter half of the excursion. My pictures didn't turn out very well at all, unfortunately. I have a waterproof "bag/case" that has been with me through the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon, down Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach, and more, and now we can add snorkeling at Castaway Cay to the list, but my phone just wasn't cooperating here for whatever reason.
Here's a blurry stingray:
40438905874_87b6f6ddf8_c.jpg

A coiled chain and what appears to be a metal plate:
26278993837_6a9578edb6_c.jpg

That's all I've got from that portion of snorkeling. Once the excursion was over we went back to our chairs to regroup. I decided I was going to use my tube rental, and the pickup area for those was right near by. I think Mom went to find a restroom and ended up browsing in some stores.

Floating in the ocean:
26278992597_1f40944cd4_c.jpg

26278991027_3c409c4c47_c.jpg

26278989217_d23bd77458_c.jpg

I floated quite a ways out, and then they decided to pull the buoys in a little so they gestured that a few of us needed to come closer back to shore. Well, it's really hard to do anything in an inner tube requiring direction. I ended up doing an awkward flop into the water and then a one-armed paddle back in, dragging the tube with the other arm. I gave up on the tubing after that and decided to try my snorkel option instead, now in the snorkeling lagoon.

None of my photos here turned out, not that there was anything to see. I did not notice any of the "markers" people speak of that indicate statues and stuff under the water, or the "trails" that I've seen mentioned in various literature. I'll have to try again next time, I guess. Here are some photos one of the other agents took (she gave us permission to share).

40438870604_eda7af3d5c_c.jpg

40438870474_3a7ac5cdcf_c.jpg

40438870314_df4733ced2_c.jpg

40438870344_ff2bab065c_c.jpg

40438870244_f28012782e_c.jpg

39341461610_cf716642b4_c.jpg

By the time I was done with my snorkeling attempt, Mom had returned, and we were both getting hungry, so we made our way up to Cookie's BBQ. There was a stop into She Sells Seashells on the way there but I didn't see anything I really wanted to buy. I was quite impressed with the buffet selection!
40438902744_c8816fa2b9_c.jpg

And the best part was the soft serve ice cream, which I didn't take a picture of. In addition to vanilla and chocolate, they had strawberry and banana! I don't love actual bananas but I can't get enough of banana flavored things, so this was outstanding! I may have had two cones.

Somehow C&B ran right into us as we were walking up to Cookie's, but they had already eaten. They still sat with us while we ate. After lunch we split up again. I thought this bathroom sign was too funny!
40438902084_925c759b15_c.jpg

We kept walking down the island, browsed in a couple more shops (I still didn't find any souvenirs I wanted), and I took a picture of Pelican Plunge. I will definitely make an effort to do more on the island next year, but there just wasn't enough TIME on this trip!
26278983377_578f816861_c.jpg

Then we boarded the tram back to the ship.
26278981887_401e905e1f_c.jpg

26278980627_99dd8fdc7a_c.jpg

41107503562_ba5e73002b_c.jpg

26278978347_fc241f4538_c.jpg

26278976127_6f8970ccc8_c.jpg

A picture of the location of the Navigator Verandah staterooms:
39341464880_5a9d551a1a_c.jpg

Coming up next, our tour of the Rainforest Room!

P.S. My computer has now been randomly shutting down. It did so in the middle of writing this post and I almost cried in despair, because it also shuts down Chrome, and I thought all hope was lost. Alas, when I came back to it just now, thinking I would need to start all over, all my writing from last night was there in the reply box!

Sorry to hear about your computer problems. I'm impressed that you went snorkeling, I always find the water freezing. I always think I'm going to go down the slides at Pelican Plunge, but I get in the water to my knees and can't go any deeper before deciding it's just too cold. We always cruise sometime between Jan and March and every year, I think I'll be able to actually go snorkeling, but nope just too cold for me, love the air temps at that time though, just give me a chair and a drink and I'm good!! I love the ribs at Cookies, so good!!

I love all the Castaway Cay pictures. I think I could spend a whole week on that beautiful island :love:

Sorry to hear about your computer problems. I'm impressed that you went snorkeling, I always find the water freezing. I always think I'm going to go down the slides at Pelican Plunge, but I get in the water to my knees and can't go any deeper before deciding it's just too cold. We always cruise sometime between Jan and March and every year, I think I'll be able to actually go snorkeling, but nope just too cold for me, love the air temps at that time though, just give me a chair and a drink and I'm good!! I love the ribs at Cookies, so good!!

The water was really cold at first but the day warmed up pretty quickly so the water wasn't too bad after a short while. Our cruise director actually said that day was the best weather the Wonder had seen at Castaway in weeks! We're booked to travel mid-January next year so we'll see how it is then!

I love all the Castaway Cay pictures. I think I could spend a whole week on that beautiful island :love:

A week might be a little too much for me. There's a reason I go to Disney parks and not beaches for vacation; I'll admit that I'm generally a "lazy" person, but while I'm sitting and lounging around, I'm usually doing something - reading, browsing the internet, watching a TV show or movie, etc. It would drive me bonkers to just lay in a chair and do nothing - although of course there's lots of active things to do on the island.

I should probably wrap this up before I head to Disneyland for my whirlwind trip next weekend - touchdown at Long Beach 8:30am on Saturday, take off from Santa Ana at 10am Monday! Taking this trip solo so say hello if you happen to see me there! I'm SO EXCITED to see Paint the Night again that I don't even have words.

Without further adieu, our second to last installment:
"No, Really, CLOSE THE DOORS!" - February 10th, Cruise Day 3, Part 2

Back on board the ship, Mom and I ventured to Deck 9 forward to Senses. I had purchased one day Rainforest Room passes for the four of us as a surprise gift since I'd heard great things about it. C&B ended up declining to use theirs, which became a big debacle later in the night (on their end, not mine).

When we got to the reception area, we showed our passes and they took our KTTW cards in exchange for wristbands that open the doors to the Room. We were shown the locker area and then brought to the Rainforest Room. At first, there were only two open loungers - perfect for us - but there are only five to begin with. Soon the room emptied completely out and I hurried to take some photos before more guests arrived.

When you first enter the room, this center fountain display greets you:
26278975097_19207c58a0_c.jpg

All the towels you could ever want, great for placing on the loungers and using as "pillows":
26278973637_5d43b9c92c_c.jpg

More towels, plain water, and lemon water:
26278972127_cc69b088c4_c.jpg

The other side of the fountain display closest to the loungers:
41107497852_cde525508c_c.jpg

A few of the loungers (so nice and relaxing!):
41107496432_66c5e9d5d0_c.jpg

Then there are three "showers" to choose from with different water temperatures and sprays. They are off to the side but not private by any means, more to cool off from the saunas than anything else. I liked Tropical Thunder the best.
41107495282_9038ca630f_c.jpg

40438893374_9deccac72f_c.jpg

40438892524_1f1744fd3f_c.jpg

The "mild" steam room is a TOTAL misnomer...I went in there for probably less than a minute. The steam was so thick and heavy that I could barely see anything and it was hard to breathe.
The "aromatic" steam room was much more tolerable. It was only slightly scented, not overwhelming, and warm but not boiling.

Once we'd spent a little time in the Rainforest, it started getting more crowded, so we decided to go visit the hot tubs and Quiet Cove Pool. This isn't a problem with the Spa, the wrist bands let you come and go as you please, since the two areas are just a few steps away from each other. The pool was definitely too chilly for my liking but we enjoyed hanging out in the hot tubs for a while.

Once we'd had enough, we went back for another quick cool down shower in the Rainforest, and then back to the locker area to collect our belongings, where I took some more photos.

Here we have the very nice lockers, each of which has complimentary robe for use during your time in the spa:
40438890314_f44e47d117_c.jpg

Endless amounts of complimentary sandals that are sanitized between guests:
40438889694_7dca6fe74b_c.jpg

Complimentary hair dryers:
40438889034_44dd43784e_c.jpg

Complimentary disposable razors, q-tips, cotton rounds, facial cleanser and toner:

40438888604_e7c165e6ae_c.jpg

There are two actual showers, one of which is handicapped accessible. I read in one of my guidebooks that if your room is near the spa and you have more than 1-2 adults in your room, it's great to send them up here to shower -better water pressure and toiletries, but we didn't use these showers so I can't vouch for that.
26278959497_2c1d91be79_c.jpg

40438887524_5ceec09ef0_c.jpg

There are four of these cushy loungers near the showers:
26278957837_9e59c74ce3_c.jpg

And there's also a cupboard full of even more towels and washcloths, as well as a dry sauna that was super toasty.

Back in our room, we found our luggage tags waiting for us to place on our luggage for pickup that evening.
26278956987_6525aa69e5_c.jpg

A few more views of Castaway from our verandah:
26278956127_a6857433ea_c.jpg

26278954437_3b0acb9c37_c.jpg

26278953117_20f479852b_c.jpg

40438882004_0dd7c0a01e_c.jpg

Once we were all showered and dressed for dinner, Mom and I went to Know It All Trivia at the Crown & Fin. I rocked the Disney category but we didn't do very well at the game overall.
40438868624_a334947e12_c.jpg

After that, we headed to dinner at Triton's. This was the least "interesting" restaurant but I think it was probably the best food!

Appetizer of Breaded and Deep Fried Brie with an Orange and Cranberry Chutney (Mom, C, and I each had this):
40438878914_d76df9e626_c.jpg

B had French Onion Soup:
40438878354_bd723ba19c_c.jpg

C's entree was Wild Mushroom-Stuffed Pasta in a Vegetable Broth Topped with Watercress, Shaved Parmesan Cheese and Paprika Oil Drizzle
40438877614_01077fc3f8_c.jpg

I had the Chateaubriand-Roasted Filet Steak - Roasted Filet Steak, Crushed New Potatoes with Shallots, Buttered Green Beans, Red Wine Jus. Originally there was nothing on this menu screaming "EAT ME!" - I thought this sounded too "saucy"...but this was THE. MOST. PERFECT. STEAK. I've ever eaten!
40438876804_4ff28ab5c1_c.jpg

I don't have any other entree photos so it looks like the whole table got one of those two things.

On to dessert! Mom had the Grand Marnier Souffle Served with Grand Marnier Creme Anglaise:
40438875814_77c924165c_c.jpg

C had the Apple Tart Tatin - Caramelized Baked Apple served with Vanilla Ice Cream because, in her words, it was "the only thing on the menu I can understand the ingredients of":
40438874854_22fda00147_c.jpg

Tonight was B's night to go a little dessert crazy, and he ordered both the Strawberry Shortcake Sundae (Strawberries, Vanilla Ice Cream, Whipped Cream and Shortcake) AND the Classic Opera Gateau -Layers of Jaconde Sponge, soaked in Coffee Syrup, Chocolate Ganache and rich Buttercream
40438874094_829c00a7d1_c.jpg

40438873244_d4efe938bf_c.jpg

I had the Tahitian Vanilla Creme Brulee With Almond Biscotti. Honestly, I've had better. This was a "blah" room temperature, not hot or cold.
39341466720_f879a89598_c.jpg

It was during the meal that C informed me they would not be using their Rainforest Room passes and she had, in fact, tried to convince Guest Services to refund the money to me. Something to do with how they hadn't brought bathing suits and weren't really interested. Who goes on a trip to the Bahamas and doesn't bring a swim suit?! I swore it was not a big deal and I was not worried about a refund on a purchase that literally stated at time of purchase that it was non-refundable, and if we're being honest, it's a little tacky to request one in the first place. She would not let up though. So after dinner she dragged me back into the lengthy Guest Services line (everyone paying off their bills and adjusting gratuities). She said initially they wouldn't agree to the refund because they thought she wanted it refunded to HER, which was not the case, but then they couldn't/wouldn't refund to me because I wasn't present. She basically bullied the poor CM into agreeing to make it happen once I was there, and he had to call shoreside because it was a non-refundable gift, etc. I was actually pretty embarrassed and felt really bad for the guy. He said I would get my refund in 10-14 business days. Frankly, I wasn't worried about it and wasn't going to tell her if it didn't happen. It did, but I didn't tell her that either.

After that headache was over, we had once again missed that night's Music Trivia. I don't remember now why we split up, but eventually Mom and I were in the theater for that night's show:
40438871224_b4507cf0f8_c.jpg

We got good seats in the center of the theater. B & C chose to sit in the back handicapped area again. GUYS. THIS SHOW WAS SO GOOD! Even if you never want to listen to another rendition of "Let It Go", even if you never want to build another snowman, you MUST GO SEE IT.

B & C left partway through the performance, we found out later. RUDE. SO RUDE. Somehow they've never seen the movie. I literally don't understand how this is possible. I thought absolutely everyone on the planet has been subjected to at least one viewing. But they "didn't know what was going on" so they left.

Back to the gift shops where I made my single souvenir purchase (and actually, my mom bought it as a gift): a DCL reusable shopping bag. I don't have a picture but I use it regularly, since paper bags are $0.05 each here. You may have visited Disney many, many times when you don't end up buying every souvenir you see!

Down to After Hours, specifically Azure, to see The Magic and Illusion of Shawn Farquhar.
First we played "Majority Rules". I did not win. Do you know how hard it is to think of "the absolute worst song ever" and "the absolute best song ever" on the spot? It's hard. Really hard.

The Magic & Illusion show was awesome! Highly encourage going to see it if Shawn is performing during your cruise. Audience interaction was great, and the whole crowd was in stitches.

We ended up staying for 80s Flashback, once again hosted by our favorite Adult Activities Hostess, Jo from England. And this is where the night got crazy! The room was divided up into two teams, and each one had to guess the song from a snippet. THEN, for extra "points" (awarded of completely arbitrary amounts - it went from like 10 points to 200 points), each team had to have a person or persons complete a challenge. There was everything from breakdancing to conga lines to sliding across the stage.

Finally, we got to the utterly epic part of things, at which point I'm 98% sure the song was "Hey Mickey". This is where Jo uttered those title words "They're going to do anything I tell them to do tonight, I just know it, I can tell!" And the challenge was for our team to make a human pyramid. She was very insistent that the cast member greeting at the door close the doors, for real, in case any of their bosses walked by, and the cast member really, really didn't want to. But the pyramid was made, because tonight "Safe-D" was definitely NOT beginning with us ("Safe-D begins with me" is a real company slogan), and I'm posting this photo with the hopes that Jo doesn't lose her job, because she was fantastic. Also no one got hurt!
26279000677_3e26b3471d_c.jpg

Pure and total shenanigans. I don't know why we weren't in this club every night. I know for next time now!

It was time to call it a night once the game had ended. We found this nice swan in our stateroom.
40438866114_be7c06c3b5_c.jpg

I don't think I've given a shoutout to this super thick, amazing curtain divider in the room yet, so I'll do that now. It saved our relationship. I probably already mentioned that my mom always falls asleep reading with a light on, and I have to have near total darkness to sleep. Between that light-blocking curtain and my excellent earplugs, that was the soundest I have ever slept on a vacation.
40438880334_345108167f_c.jpg

We ordered the International Cheese Plate again before bed. There was more cheese and different crackers this time, but I didn't take a picture. Our breakfast time was at the horrendously early time of 7am, so we finished up our packing and turned in for the night!

Alright readers, it's the last post and time to wrap up this TR, because I've started my next one for my recent trip to Disneyland! 48 Hours at Disneyland - It's Shocking How Much You Can Do! I promise that one is going to be 99% complaint free because I traveled alone and didn't have to worry about anyone else. :rolleyes1 On with this show!

Good-bye Disney Wonder! - February 11th, Final Cruise Day/Disney Springs
Our wake up time was early because our breakfast time was at 7am. We were all a little disappointed with the quality of breakfast. I ordered the "Belgian Waffle" expecting one of those nice, freshly made, fluffy kind...but this was toaster waffles. Actually, I've had better toaster waffles. I can't remember what everyone else had but I know they all said the same thing. Even the servers didn't seem their usual peppy selves. My mom said "It's like they know you've already given them their tips so they don't have to wow you anymore." :sad2:

After breakfast I stopped up at Shutters to pick up the flash drive with our photos, but I never used it, since I already had the downloads on my phone. Soon it was time to disembark. It was a little tricky to find our luggage and none of it was together, even for the same stateroom. The "customs check in" was nothing - I've had more thorough questioning crossing the Canadian border. No form needed unless you actually had something to declare.

The buses were all lined up and waiting, and ours left pretty quickly after we boarded.

40439020894_0cda288989_c.jpg

Bye bye, Port Canaveral

The buses now only drop off on the B-side of the airport - I think that might be how Magical Express operates too, but I know once upon a time they stopped at both sides. I instructed the adults how to get up to the arrivals level, and I walked over to the Budget rental to pick up our vehicle to take us to Disney Springs. I had rented a mini-van, and literally days before travel found an extra great deal that saved us even more money! I think we ended up with a Chrysler Pacifica, but I could be mistaken. It was perfectly roomy and there was plenty of room in the trunk space for everyone's luggage.

I made the loop around to pick up the adults and then we began the drive to Disney Springs. We parked in the garage and headed out for some exploring. I hadn't been to DS since the re-imagining but I was really impressed! It's so pretty!
41151100991_fa13d521f7_c.jpg

40439019044_b59031660b_c.jpg

41151097811_0571751e2a_c.jpg

I know we went to World of Disney, where I bought some keychains for my co-workers, and C complained about the price of socks she was buying for her mom. We also went to Goofy's, where I bought a rice crispie Mickey head and C complained about the price of the sugar-free items she was buying for her sister. We stopped in Uniqlo so C could buy some shirts for her granddaughter, who is apparently very into Asian culture.

We had lunch at The Polite Pig, and that was delicious - I definitely recommend it! Mom and I each got The Southern Pig and we shared a side of sweet potato tots.
41151096041_2e0d9f2a7b_c.jpg

B ordered several sides for his meal: BBQ Cauliflower, Mac and Cheese, BBQ Waffle Fries
41151094531_de0cdf5c48_c.jpg

C just ordered the (very large) Soft Pretzel with Beer Cheese Sauce

41151093331_ba2010c5b4_c.jpg

I know at some point we took the boat from Marketplace to Town Center, and we checked out several shops. I was on the hunt for an Alex and Ani DCL bracelet (which apparently is no longer being made) and a new Vera Bradley bag, in Disney print, of course. I really wanted a new Midnight with Mickey print (now out of print) or something similar but the options were limited and the prints that I liked weren't the right size bag. I ended up finding the original Midnight with Mickey hipster bag on ebay, new with tags, for like $45...a little more than half what they originally went for! My old bag had bit the dust after two years of constant use. I still have the matching wallet but that's getting pretty faded now and I have been unsuccessful finding a replacement, on ebay or otherwise.

I liked the "springs" part of Disney Springs:
26279105317_6839717561_c.jpg

27277533588_3394dff639_c.jpg

One thing that quickly became a problem for the adults - seating is VERY LIMITED throughout Disney Springs, particularly in the newer areas. We'd only been there for about 3 hours but everyone was getting hot - it was surprisingly warm for mid-February - and a little cranky so we decided to pack it in. C mentioned that on the way to DS she swore she saw a Disney outlet/souvenir store from I-4. I had no earthly idea what she was talking about and attempted to Google with limited success. I agreed we could try to find it but after ending up over by the Outlet mall near SeaWorld, I gave up on that and we went back to the airport, even though it was a bit early for our flights. I dropped the adults off on A-side since they were flying Southwest and we said our good-byes. Then I drove around to B-side to drop off the van since I was flying Air Canada.

When I found the Air Canada counter, the line was SO. LONG. I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on...and then I realized that I had read somewhere they only open the counter EXACTLY three hours prior to the flight, and since the flights out of MCO are just a few a day, it's not open all the time. Blah. OK, so I waited and waited and waited some more. Then I was at least able to check in on a kiosk and drop my bag pretty quickly, before heading to security. The security line was NOT. MOVING. I don't think I've ever waited in a line that long. It was at that point I decided I seriously needed to investigate TSA Precheck...I now have my NEXUS pass which not only gives me expedited border crossing between Canada and US at both air and land points, but also includes Precheck at US airports. I used it on the way to DLR last weekend and holy cow, what a time saver. The NEXUS made more sense for me, because a) I live 30 minutes from the Canadian border and clearly use Canadian airports occasionally and b) it's $50 for a 5-year pass. TSA Precheck on its own is $85 for 5 years. That's a no-brainer.

The flight back to Vancouver was pretty uneventful. I gate checked my carry on since they were asking for volunteers to do so, but my bag was just the canvas tote so I doubt it freed up that much space. I slept for part of the flight. I know the woman next to me had a little hissy fit because she had instant soup and wanted hot water, but we were experiencing some turbulence and the flight attendants had to stop handing out hot water for safety reasons for a little while. The woman was mad because other people had hot water...that was given to them before the turbulence started.
41107639492_2d7b1cba15_c.jpg

I was sitting in the row immediately behind first class so I was able to get off the plane pretty quickly and it took almost no time to get through customs. But then I had to wait for my bags at baggage claim and that took a while. Finally I was on the shuttle back to the parking lot. I could have sworn that when I parked four days earlier, there were three bus stops after mine (remember, I was running to catch the bus and didn't check what section I was in), so I said I was in section D, and that's where I was dropped off. But I soon realized my mistake because section D was super sketchy and there were NO lights on anywhere. I began the walk over to section C, praying I wouldn't get murdered in the dark lot, and found my car. Then I discovered I left my carry on on the bus. *facepalm* The next bus that arrived wasn't the same one I had been on so he radioed the other driver and the correct bus was soon back. Once I was on the highway, I decided I wanted some more Tim Horton's before I left Canada. I figured, it's Canada, they're everywhere. But my GPS made me turn around and go back the way I came...an extra 20 minutes out of the way. I finally made it home around 12:30am and pretty much fell right into bed since I had work at 8am...no rest for the wicked, right?

I did enjoy our first cruise and I'm sure I'll enjoy the next one even more! We're tentatively booked on the Marvel Day at Sea Cruise out of Miami on the Magic January 11-16, 2018, in the same stateroom we had on the Wonder. Unfortunately, it's looking like my car, which is 17 years old, is on its last legs and I need a new one, which kind of kills any vacation plans. Additionally, I may have the opportunity for an exciting trip with my travel agency next year which I can't say anything else about because it's top secret, but I already told my mom I'm picking that over the cruise if I'm selected. We can reschedule a cruise for later in 2019. We picked the MDAS not because we're big Marvel people (I've seen the Avengers films and not much else, but I recently started watching all the MCU films from the beginning) but because it's one of the few cruises that stops in Key West, and we've always wanted to visit there. However, I recently became eligible for my travel agent discount card, and therefore can now book super discounted space available rates...and the Wonder does spend a quarter of the year in Vancouver, one hour away. Up next is WDW over Labor Day Weekend. I already bought the flights for that, as well as our Halloween party tickets and a ticket for myself to Disney After Hours, so there's no turning back on that one, dead car or not!

I hope you'll come check out my Disneyland trip report because I had a BLAST running around over there and I accomplished SO MUCH that I shocked myself! Thanks for reading!

Great report! We are booked on the Magic next spring and I'm disappointed that they are not doing marvel days just for the spring break sailings. We had hoped or cruise would be one.

Good luck on being selected for your trip!

Good-bye Disney Wonder! - February 11th, Final Cruise Day/Disney Springs
Our wake up time was early because our breakfast time was at 7am. We were all a little disappointed with the quality of breakfast. I ordered the "Belgian Waffle" expecting one of those nice, freshly made, fluffy kind...but this was toaster waffles. Actually, I've had better toaster waffles. I can't remember what everyone else had but I know they all said the same thing. Even the servers didn't seem their usual peppy selves. My mom said "It's like they know you've already given them their tips so they don't have to wow you anymore." :sad2:

Yes! Our servers were actually still very cheery, although one was flying home for a break right at the end of the cruise so go figure. But the food was so awful! I ordered corned beef hash and it was that canned dog food style!

I'm surprised you don't have your own Tim Hortons. We're in a border state and they expanded down here a couple years ago. We have half a dozen, although I'm 90 minutes from the closest city that has one. My son calls it The Timbits Town.

I'm surprised you don't have your own Tim Hortons. We're in a border state and they expanded down here a couple years ago. We have half a dozen, although I'm 90 minutes from the closest city that has one. My son calls it The Timbits Town.

I suspect it's because Washington is home to Seattle and therefore Starbucks. We don't even have Dunkin Donuts out here. It's Starbucks or small, local coffee chains.

I just read through your cruise TR! Sounds like it was fun! Love all the character pics! I'm sure it was nice spending time with your mom after not seeing her for so long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!