They won't fix my daughter's Iphone just yet!!

You can set up an appointment at the Apple store online. No need to call. I have found that when you actually have an Apple Genius Bar employee right in front of you, looking at your issue, they go above and beyond to help you. In my case, fixing products that were no longer in warranty.

All the Genius Bar employees I have dealt with really want to help you, if there is any way that they can.

On my 8 I can go to settings-battery-battery health.
Can confirm this is the same for iPhone 7.

OP, the percent next to “Max Capacity” is the number Apple uses to determine if a battery replacement is needed.

Again, I would recommend looking at the data in Battery and Battery Health. She could have random stuff running in the background and not even know. Or she could just be on something for a long time. My sister thought she had a battery problem. Turned out she just was on Snapchat all the time. (It also explained why she used 5 times the data as everyone else on our plan.)

Here’s an article on how to optimize your battery. I found these were very helpful
https://www.iphonelife.com/content/...in-ios-10-iphone-10-tips-longer-battery-life#
I ended up making an appointment at the apple store and having the battery replaced, I figured $50 was better than $1000 on a new phone.
Oh she would have to go back to an older phone she has. She cant get a new one right now. It's just BS that they dont want to honor the warranty. My phone is an android, older than hers and I dont have this issue. I'm sure we will have to cough up the $50.

Oh she would have to go back to an older phone she has. She cant get a new one right now. It's just BS that they dont want to honor the warranty. My phone is an android, older than hers and I dont have this issue. I'm sure we will have to cough up the $50.
They are honoring the warranty- they will replace the battery if it falls below 80% max. I’m not sure why you think they aren’t following it.

I’ve found that my battery and my sister’s battery deteriorated at a quicker pace than my parents. Maybe her use is just heavier than yours.

And again, please look into her battery usage. The screen looks like this.

Attachments

• E3EA5A7D-D9B7-4DA9-90E7-0B76EC414944.jpeg
    E3EA5A7D-D9B7-4DA9-90E7-0B76EC414944.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 13
They are honoring the warranty- they will replace the battery if it falls below 80% max. I’m not sure why you think they aren’t following it.

I’ve found that my battery and my sister’s battery deteriorated at a quicker pace than my parents. Maybe her use is just heavier than yours.
Ok, well if it states that in the warranty then yes. So I am guessing it does then?

My 15-year-old daughter's battery died last year in her iphone 7; it was one of those known issues for that model. I knew they would replace it, but I was 4 hours away from an Apple store and that was the only place you could have it done (Apple-certified stores wouldn't/couldn't do it). They could have mailed me a box and had me mail it in, but we were evacuees from the big Camp Fire in California and didn't even know if we had a house left. We were at my Mom's house that is far from any Apple store and my daughter really wanted her phone with her to keep in touch with her friends, many of whom were also evacuated. I went ahead and drove to the Apple store and they were wonderful. They just gave her a new phone. However, I have to say that I personally would never buy an iphone for myself. All 4 of my girls have them and love them, they have wonderful features, but my gosh, what a pain they are. Anyway, I will echo what everyone else has said and suggest you take it to an Apple Store. Be sure to make an appt first.

She says she puts it in low power mode at all times.

I am going to call them to see what they say because I dont want to drive 1.5 hours and not have an idea of what they will do. Probably will have to cough up the $50.
You still need to go in and check the battery health/usage. There could be a rogue app or she could be using something that’s sucking her battery down. 86% on low power mode should be more than enough to last all day. *Something* is sucking her battery OR she’s using it way more than she says or not fully charging. My kids, all three (one full grown) are terrible about charging their phones. They wait until the phone is near dead, charge for 30mins and then complain their battery life sucks. I’m not saying that’s what your DD is doing but you can’t know the full picture until you look at battery health to see what’s happening. It will give you a TON of info.

As far as Apple not honoring the warranty, A) as mentioned up thread warranty covers below 80% and B) you have not taken it to APPLE yet. You have no idea what they’ll do. Their CS is top notch, they want you to come back and generally go out of their way to help. I’ve had them replace my DD’s phone on the last day warranty no questions asked. Make an appointment, be honest and see what they say.

You still need to go in and check the battery health/usage. There could be a rogue app or she could be using something that’s sucking her battery down. 86% on low power mode should be more than enough to last all day. *Something* is sucking her battery OR she’s using it way more than she says or not fully charging. My kids, all three (one full grown) are terrible about charging their phones. They wait until the phone is near dead, charge for 30mins and then complain their battery life sucks. I’m not saying that’s what your DD is doing but you can’t know the full picture until you look at battery health to see what’s happening. It will give you a TON of info.

As far as Apple not honoring the warranty, A) as mentioned up thread warranty covers below 80% and B) you have not taken it to APPLE yet. You have no idea what they’ll do. Their CS is top notch, they want you to come back and generally go out of their way to help. I’ve had them replace my DD’s phone on the last day warranty no questions asked. Make an appointment, be honest and see what they say.
I'll call them tomorrow.

And again, please look into her battery usage. The screen looks like this.
I will do this when she gets home. She has a long weekend off and headed to her grannys house. So I will have to wait until the next weekend to get started on it.

Another thought would be a mophie charging case. The one I use provides a more than 100% charge. It has definitely solved my problem with running out of power.

Thanks for all the good advice and info. A lot I didn't know as I only use Android.

It's just BS that they dont want to honor the warranty.

Think of it like a car warranty. Say your car has a 36000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. You notice at 18,000 miles that the car is not slowing down as fast as it used to so you take it in. They tell you the acceptable thickness limits are between 1/8 inch and 3/4 inch and yours are at 1/4 so they are not going to replace your brakes under the warranty as it's considered normal wear and tear. But if your brakes are at 1/8 of less they will replace them as that not considered normal as they are wearing too fast. Same thing here, yes your battery has used up some of it's available life but not enough to justify a new battery under the warranty terms at this point in time. It's considered normal wear and tear.

I think most cell phones are crap. Apple, Samsung etc. I had an Android from Cricket. I went to take it off the charger one morning and it was dead not quite 18 mos old. Took it to store and they said that there was an internal error and I lost everything. I was so mad. They wanted $200 for a new phone. I went home and got my daughter’s original phone and put a SIM card in it and it is still working. All cell companies work the same. Every 2 yrs you need a new phone.

I have an iPhone 8 that is two years old. It’s battery is at 86% and I have no issues with battery life (and I use my phone a ton). I think this is just normal battery deterioration.

I think most cell phones are crap. Apple, Samsung etc. I had an Android from Cricket. I went to take it off the charger one morning and it was dead not quite 18 mos old. Took it to store and they said that there was an internal error and I lost everything. I was so mad. They wanted $200 for a new phone. I went home and got my daughter’s original phone and put a SIM card in it and it is still working. All cell companies work the same. Every 2 yrs you need a new phone.
I have to agree with you there. My issue with Apple is more about the way they operate and the fact that I live far from an Apple Store. We have had a number of problems with my girls' phones, but they're teenagers so I can't really compare their usage to what DH and I do with our Samsungs. We're old and predate that sort of technology, ha ha. But we have had multiple issues with Apple IDs, iCloud, and the girls' phones and other Apple devices getting crossed (4 daughters with Apple devices). And I HATE iTunes. But the phones themselves are superior in many ways to our S7/S8s. My s7 is probably about to get replaced because the battery is getting sluggish, I've used up most of my internal storage and I'm too lazy to figure out what to delete (I have most of my pictures on a memory card so it's files that's clogging the works). It's older and has been through multiple system updates, which I dislike because it always messes up my phone and changes the things I'm used to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts