They changed the fish. . . . .

This thread has decided one thing for me. Get an order or 2 of fish and chips from both R+C lounge and the same amt from Yorkshire County and munch away at a patio table by the lake. Made me happy once and soon I suspect I'll be doubly happy.
Oh I love the idea of fish and chips sampling--ha ha...they need to offer food flights like they do booze flights (which I am quite found of!).

Oh my. Serving tilapia at a fish & chip stand would be practically against the law in my corner of America.

Last edited:

Now I want fish and chips, and I don't even like it. I live in New England where it's cod though.

Oh my. Serving tilapia at a fish & chip stand would be practically against the law in my corner of America. Thank you OP for the warning. Yes, cod is pricey, but tilapia is a poor substitute. We will walk by Yorkshire until they come to their senses. I may need to get a 'bring back the cod 'button for our August trip.:laughing:
Might want to change that button to "Give us the cod" since YC never had it to bring it back.

Ok, so I haven't really been paying attention since I didn't care about getting "schooled" about the fish. Did they change the fish at YC or not? :fish:

I'm going to call Theresa May and report a crime. No joke. This is a crime against humanity.

TILAPIA IN A PUB FISH AND CHIP?

I'm going to call Theresa May and report a crime. No joke. This is a crime against humanity.

TILAPIA IN A PUB FISH AND CHIP?
Uhmmm......do I dare ask how Theresa May can help with your concern?
Should I call the current U.S. President to ask what happened to the hamburger prevalent in my childhood?
;).

I sent an email to WDW guest services and asked if someone could clarify what fish was being used in the fish and chips right now. The person who answered stated that she spoke with a representative at Epcot who told her that they have not used cod in over 5 years and that they have been using Tilapia for several years now. Being from New England, we're used to cod and haddock (which we definitely prefer) but have been eating at the counter service for years....just don't tell my husband that it's not cod lol!

I sent an email to WDW guest services and asked if someone could clarify what fish was being used in the fish and chips right now. The person who answered stated that she spoke with a representative at Epcot who told her that they have not used cod in over 5 years and that they have been using Tilapia for several years now. Being from New England, we're used to cod and haddock (which we definitely prefer) but have been eating at the counter service for years....just don't tell my husband that it's not cod lol!

Did they specifically mansion Yorkshire? Or both Yorkshire and the Rose and Crown?

Don't forget the scrod! When I see that name on the menu I know I'm heading North. :cool:.

Yes, she stated that it was Tilapia specifically at the Yorkshire and that the Rose and Crown uses cod.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!