There should be a resorts etiquette brochure

This is me too! slept beautifully before kids. Now, im such a light sleeper. Maybe its a mom thing. :)

Our kids have been out of the nest for more than 4 years but now I sleep light due to aging parent. Got a call this am at 5. Luckily all is well. So it continues...

Indeed! They even let you request an additional empty fridge, in addition to the one stocked with typical hotel stuff do we store extra water bottles, restaurant leftovers etc. We request defeathered bedding for DD23. And you can request your choice of at least 6 room types, we have booked twice into one with a balcony with flowers in summer months. They have a club room with complimentary continental breakfast: abundant fresh fruit, muffins, croissants and pastries, orange juice, boiled eggs, yogurt, capuchino. At night, they revert to a 3 hour happy hour with wine and crudités. Located on 56th street, it’s within walking distance of Central Park and Times Square and right down the street from MOMA. We love the LES too, but this hotel is perfect for us.
This hotel sounds like a dream. An additional fridge? deferathered bedding? balcony with flowers? Wow. Do tell! Which hotel is it? I go to NYC regularly.

Hotel Elysee. It’s part of group of hotels that offer similar amenities. This one has sort of a vintage vibe, furniture, the lobby even the elevator lol, so doesn’t appeal to yuppies but judging by who you meet in the club room there are lots of international visitors. We try to schedule our visits when the prices are low, February, and most recently in late June. Excellent beds and bedding, and the housekeeping is some of the best I have experienced.

Hotel Elysee. It’s part of group of hotels that offer similar amenities. This one has sort of a vintage vibe, furniture, the lobby even the elevator lol, so doesn’t appeal to yuppies but judging by who you meet in the club room there are lots of international visitors. We try to schedule our visits when the prices are low, February, and most recently in late June. Excellent beds and bedding, and the housekeeping is some of the best I have experienced.
Wow, the rooms are stunning. Just beautiful. I love it. BTW, end of June is considered low season? Price is low then? Good to know! :)

Yes there was a summer special at our favorite LES hotel, the Ludlow, and hotel Elysee rates were reasonable too. Not sure why but I think New Yorkers leave the city late summer so rates are adjusted. Late July and February are good too, restaurant week times.

As an old guy, I remember when, back when we actually read newspapers, there was a "Miss Manners" column...a syndicated column....which dealt with manners and social graces. Imagine manners being a popular enough topic to warrant a nationally syndicated column.....

Also, children weren't made from bone china and were actually told "no" on occasion.

And when people didn't feel entitled on their vacations..."it's MY vacation and I spent MY money". I DO, however, remember the concept of the "Ugly American" as perceived in other countries ....now that concept is EVERYWHERE (just about. painting with a broad brush, here. I KNOW you're children have great manners and are God-fearing. I meant those OTHER kids, over there..........)

Anyhow, forget about manners. Polite is just a word in the dictionary.

sorry if I am chewing old grass (previously discussed issues) here.............

getting off my soapbox here (people also don't know what a soapbox is....hey, you dern kids, get off my lawn!!!!)

:charac2:

:rotfl:
As an old guy, I remember when, back when we actually read newspapers, there was a "Miss Manners" column...a syndicated column....which dealt with manners and social graces. Imagine manners being a popular enough topic to warrant a nationally syndicated column.....

Also, children weren't made from bone china and were actually told "no" on occasion.

And when people didn't feel entitled on their vacations..."it's MY vacation and I spent MY money". I DO, however, remember the concept of the "Ugly American" as perceived in other countries ....now that concept is EVERYWHERE (just about. painting with a broad brush, here. I KNOW you're children have great manners and are God-fearing. I meant those OTHER kids, over there..........)

Anyhow, forget about manners. Polite is just a word in the dictionary.

sorry if I am chewing old grass (previously discussed issues) here.............

getting off my soapbox here (people also don't know what a soapbox is....hey, you dern kids, get off my lawn!!!!)

:charac2:

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA....Love this! :rotfl:

I'm a city girl. Noise at night doesn't bother me. Noise in general really doesn't bother me. I prefer some noise when I sleep. I would hear a kid or two running in the hallway but nothing crazy. No loud talking on the balcony.

I did notice some off the wall stuff at restaurants. Kids running around, getting up, feeding the floor more than themselves and the parents not picking it up. DD even commented on one kid literally running in circles around her table and the parents did nothing. Dad tried to grab her and she told him "stop it" so he stopped it. Whatever....their kid....their problem. Good luck when she's a teenager.

I do notice that most people think their kids are so cute that other people will love their "bad" behavior because they are cute. One Mom was letting her 2-3 year old push the stroller in front of Peter Pan. He was walking it across the walkway, going towards Small World. She literally had an attitude when people almost trampled him. Your kid is only THAT cute to you. Lady this isn't the time or the place for him to push a stroller.

Those are the types of things that bother me and could be added to the brochure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter