There should be a resorts etiquette brochure

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Pumbaa_, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Pumbaa_

Pumbaa_ >Hakuna Matata!< Moderator

I am at BC resort currently. How people behave is quite interesting. It would be lovely if there was an etiquette guide

No screaming in halls
    Inside low voices in hallways
    No thundering wildebeest running in resort hallways
    No conference calls on speaker phone on balconies
    No ukulele or guitar playing on balconies
    No marital spats in Public spaces
    No grabbing your kid and slamming him in a chair in the lobby for being a kid

I get crying babies, can’t help that one of course.

I do have a nasty migraine and hiding in my batcave room. So seeing and hearing more than I ever wanted. I give my neighbors credit, they were very quick to respond to my requests. That was nice. I think people forget how much sound carries.

KerriL, DisneyGirlMI, Dbktmc and 37 others like this.
  2. Dug720

Dug720 DIS Veteran

I'd add smoking OR "vaping" in the designated smoking areas ONLY.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Pumbaa_

Totally!

5. abwdreaming

abwdreaming Mouseketeer

Best give front desk your etiquette guide. Seems reasonable to me

daisyduck123 and snappy like this.
  6. retlaw_yensid

retlaw_yensid Mouseketeer

But, alas, the people who would not bother to read an etiquette guide are the ones that should.

7. ColoradoMom12

ColoradoMom12 DIS Veteran

I would add no using the security latch to prop your door open and slam against every time someone goes in/out.

8. kappyfamily

kappyfamily DIS Veteran

YES to all of these! Don’t even get me started on airplane etiquette....a foot long tuna fish sandwich on the plane? Really?

ice cube, LainieT, cwoww and 13 others like this.
  9. P'colaBeachBum

P'colaBeachBum Go 'Noles!

Amen to all of the above and especially no smoking on balconies!!

10. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

Oh my that phone!!! My sis in law came with us years ago. We were on the 5th floor at AKL. DH and I waere done on the Savannah level looking at the flamingos, and we coudl hear every word of her phone conversation. This was repeated everywhere we were, in the CL lounge, the parks, everywhere. DH told me if she went again, he was out.

85glht, Toolulu22 and SorcererHeidi like this.
  11. cmarsh31

cmarsh31 DIS Veteran

OMG! My mom tried to bring a tuna sub on a flight from Baltimore to Seattle! I may have thrown a fit & forced her to eat it in the terminal...and threatened to if she ate it on the plane! (And this was in June.)

12. Disneylover99

Disneylover99 DIS Veteran

We always request to be on the end of the wings of the buildings at values and moderates because the maids can be so loud first thing in the morning yelling back and forth to one another.

WDW_Diane and snappy like this.
  13. Brett Wyman

Brett Wyman Mouseketeer

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  14. kelmcg

kelmcg Mouseketeer

Instead of sound machines we just use a white noise app on our phones. We never hear the hallway or outside noise.

luvdisdogs likes this.
  15. lbus42

lbus42 Yay, I now have ears

Also a lot of people with bad etiquette do not care if it bothers other people. They are are going to do what THEY want to do and they do not care if it bothers anyone else. Or they become openly hostile if someone says something.

16. melissa723

melissa723 Mouseketeer

Same here! It's a godsend! And sometimes for extra effect I'll use earplugs as well. :teeth:

17. DisneyWishes14

DisneyWishes14 DIS Veteran

How about no domestic violence incidents in the room next door that require a call to the sheriff at 5:30 am? That was a fun one on our August trip.

Unfortunately, as with all WDW rules, the etiquette brochure would be ignored as well.

18. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

How about Disney shouldn't run marathons that go right by guest rooms. Wasn't a fan of all the screaming and yelling before 7 am.

19. Pumbaa_

And the party at Epcot Sunday night around 1am!

20. piccolopat

piccolopat DIS Veteran

Please also keep the noise to a minimum when you are in your room. We really didn't appreciate hearing someone's kids singing "It's a Small World" over and over again at the top of their lungs when we stayed at BC. This was after 11pm and we were already sleeping when this woke us up. Another time, also BC, there were two families across the hall that came back late every night. The kids were allowed to run and scream up and down the hall while the two dad's talked loudly outside of our door. Why would anyone think this is OK?

21. fla4fun

fla4fun DIS Veteran

Or the time I was at BC (what is it about BC?) and kids were playing a game by bouncing a ball in the hall against MY door, not their own. That was fun . . .

Then there was the family at CR that was checking out at 2am, and yelling back and forth to each other outside my door about did you get this, or did you get that? I had to stick my head out of the door and remind them that people were sleeping. Duh!

All it takes is a little consideration of your fellow travelers . . .