Theming at Rainforest Cafe

Elaine Guidi

Elaine
Forgive me for being niave but I have never been to RC. From snippets I have read on the boards I gather there are certain activities which take place over the period of dining. Can anybody who has been, expand on what the theming actually is. I gather it is a bit pricy but if it is worth it I would go just for the theme. Can you make a PS and if not is it usually busy. TY

Personally I wouldn't go for the theming or the food. It was ok but unless you are a safari card carrier or get there at the right time there are very long waits at DD. Don't know about AK. The theming includes a rain shower (just the noise) and some of the animals making noises as well. When we went it was very crowded, but cool which on a hot Florida is sometimes enough. I have had much better chain food at other chains.

While the food is definately not on "DISNEY" Par. My kids do love the atmosphere. I usually book a lunch for one of the days I am at AK. We do not like Disney Fast, so this at least gives us a place to sit down in the shade and enjoy an ok lunch. The food here is definately hit or miss. I have had great meals, and not so great meals. I think it lends itself to the AK feel.

Melanie

If you go for breakfast at AK, you usually get right in. DH and I always plan to eat breakfast at 8:30 am before going into the park. We've never had a wait (you can make PS ressies for RC at AK!!) and the restaurant itself is usually not crowded at all. We've always enjoyed breakfast, but the other meal selections have just been okay.

BTW - We love the theming. When the restaurant isn't very crowded the sounds/lights/animal activities are that much more enjoyable. I think everyone should do RC at least once (just MHO);)

:D We had a late lunch, early dinner around 3:00 p.m. one afternoon at downtown disney RFC and did not have a wait at all. We liked the theming, which includes different rainforest animals (gorillas, etc.) who move and a "thunderstorm" complete with thunder and lightning. There are also some neat fish tanks. We also enjoyed our food and while it is pricey it is no more pricey than any other other on-property restaurant, IMHO. If cost is a big consideration, you can always stick to burgers and sandwiches. Overall, I felt is was a fun place but I don't know if I would endure a 2 hour plus wait for the experience. If you really want to check the place out, you can go into the gift shop and even look around the restaurant a little without eating there. We found some really neat souvenirs at the gift shop and they were also having a huge sale when we went so we got some bargins! Hope you have great trip :) !

We thought the RF was a lot of fun. DS loved the animals! We must have been a hit day because our food was very good. The price of the meal was no more that any other compairable WDW resturant.

Burger there at the DTD RF that I have ever had and looking fordward to breakfast at the AK RF this Oct. we have earned GC'sto pay for 2 meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter