Theme park with breastfed infant?

Nik's Mom

DIS Veteran
Hi! I'm wondering if any of you have visited one of the theme parks with a 2 month old and what your experience was? Also, I would love to hear how breastfeeding Moms handled it. Did you breastfeed in the baby care areas?

We went when my dd was 5 1/2 mo.....exclusively nursing. I've never been in a baby care center....but I hear they have very nice facilities for nursing moms. There are many nice quiet spots in the parks to sit down and nurse.....once you're used to it, no one seems to notice that baby is eating and not sleeping.

Personally, I am a very "on the go" nursing mom....my dd was usually in a babysling and I had perfected nursing while walking and carrying her by the time of our trip. With the sling and nursing shirts, no one knew she wasn't just sleeping. And she nursed a lot less during the day while in WDW and then nursed all night long! It was a good thing I'm able to sleep while nursing sidelying!

Are you looking for help with nursing in public discreetly? Or looking just for suggestions of where you can go for a little privacy?

Otherwise I found it wonderfully easy to take a baby. My 5yo used our stroller most of the trip and I carried the baby....she slept or watched what was going on. We just stopped to change a diaper occasionally and that was it! Very, very easy!

Thanks for your tips! I was a little nervous about nursing the baby in public. I din't want to have to run off to the baby care center every time my baby wants to eat, but I was worried how people would react. I'll just find a comfortable spot and nurse my baby. Thanks again!

I went several years ago with my 7 month old and he was breastfed. I remember going to the babycare center in Epcot. It was great and a nice relief from all the hustle and bustle. I always nursed in public,I covered myself and most people never knew.Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter