Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's off to run we go! A new and improved Teetz running Journal

This winter hasn’t been exceptionally cold like the last few years but it certainly has been loooooong. We are dodging the snow to your south, but Lake Erie is expected to have 15 foot waves (that’s huge for the shallowest of the Great Lakes) this afternoon by where I live and we have a gale warning. Still, being on spring break I’m on my fourth consecutive day of running and that hasn’t happened since December. I’m not a fan of treadmills but it is where I will be in about 20 minutes. It has to warm up eventually. I hope.
It’s been very long and very cold here. I don’t like treadmills either.

Following along! And I hear you with the cold weather, Im running Dark Side and the warmest day of training I've had in Ohio has been low 50s. Supposed to snow here this weekend for my long runs. I know I'll definitely be ready for the Florida humidity.
Good luck with darkside!

tumblr_o1wa12PvPF1trc5jwo1_500.gif

Sooooooo.....

A bit of a life/runDisney update.

My last week and a half has been so busy. I have had drawings for my architecture class due, two tests today, and one tomorrow, and then work and of course just going to class in general.

Last Monday was opening day for the Milwaukee Brewers and I work at Miller Park their stadium. I really enjoy working there (I sell roasted nuts btw, and yes there are several jokes that are made every day). I also do this at the Milwaukee Bucks stadium, and Lambeau Field (Green Bay Packers). So I worked the opener Monday and every day since until yesterday, 4/2-4/9. I also had class each day, with my drawings due yesterday, an Art History and Architecture history exam today, and then a business admin test tomorrow.

I am not a fan of Art History, because to me its boring. The exams have 10 multiple choice questions and the rest is a short response identifying the artist, name of piece, and year within 10 years. After a while all of the pieces run together and I get the dates screwed up. Usually the artist and name are okay but the dates I can never remember. I feel I did okay on this one today but who knows...

Tomorrow is my business admin test and I feel very confident about that. Its 45 multiple choice questions.

Sorry to bore you with that but I am so ready for Summer. Speaking of that, running has been abysmal or non-existent due to weather, and everything else in between. We finally will be hitting the 50s this week so its possible I can get outside finally for a run.

Now for runDisney...

I am all set for the Wine and Dine 5K, but I still have not received my link for the challenge through the TA I went through. Apparently I am not the only one either. Some have, some haven't. I am staying at Pop for this. Flights through Southwest are still crazy.

Marathon Weekend registration has been pushed back until further notice with more info coming out June 1st apparently. I am convinced its for a new registration platform. I was thinking Goofy but now with the push back I am contemplating Dopey again. I am so bad at this FOMO thing.

Also still undecided on a local half. I am looking at the Brewers Mini Marathon but I have heard mixed things on the course. So who knows...

Thats all for now!

One of the guys who sells roasted nuts at the Las Vegas minor league stadium is MY FAVORITE. He has this loud, raspy, New York accent and just says "NUTS!!!" as loud as possible. He is always grumpy and hilarious. Ahhhh, the nuts guy....

Anyway, SEE YOU FOR DOPEY IN JANUARY.

One of the guys who sells roasted nuts at the Las Vegas minor league stadium is MY FAVORITE. He has this loud, raspy, New York accent and just says "NUTS!!!" as loud as possible. He is always grumpy and hilarious. Ahhhh, the nuts guy....

Anyway, SEE YOU FOR DOPEY IN JANUARY.
We don't have to walk around with the nuts we have stands in the concourses but thats funny!

Ugh... Peer pressure has begun....

Who still gives tests based on dates? Jeesh. Sounds like a good kind of busy! Architecture is a fun major. My sister did that in college as well. She loved it. The weather has certainly not been great this winter, hopefully it starts to warm up soon for you. I will be at Pop also for W&D. I was going to stay on points but I don't want to waste them if it's just me and Pop had a good rate through the TA. I seriously envy all of you doing marathon weekend. I'm leaving wdw on the 6th of Jan. I had hoped to run the 10k or even the half but I just can't take the time off work in January. It stinks. Whatever you decide to run you know you will have fun. So either way you can't lose!

Who still gives tests based on dates? Jeesh. Sounds like a good kind of busy! Architecture is a fun major. My sister did that in college as well. She loved it. The weather has certainly not been great this winter, hopefully it starts to warm up soon for you. I will be at Pop also for W&D. I was going to stay on points but I don't want to waste them if it's just me and Pop had a good rate through the TA. I seriously envy all of you doing marathon weekend. I'm leaving wdw on the 6th of Jan. I had hoped to run the 10k or even the half but I just can't take the time off work in January. It stinks. Whatever you decide to run you know you will have fun. So either way you can't lose!
It wouldn't be so bad if it was multiple choice but its all based on memory. After I am done with this class I guarantee I will remember artists and the pieces but never the dates because those aren't that important IMO.

January works really well for me since I am still on break. Hopefully you'll get to experience it someday.

That is an awesome job! Do you make the cinnamon sugar variety- those are my favorite.

I think it's always hard to stay motivated for classes that don't apply to your major. As a side note, my freshman roommate failed Art History. We had very different study habits. ;)

Good luck with your test! And I think give the mini marathon a try!

That is an awesome job! Do you make the cinnamon sugar variety- those are my favorite.

I think it's always hard to stay motivated for classes that don't apply to your major. As a side note, my freshman roommate failed Art History. We had very different study habits. ;)

Good luck with your test! And I think give the mini marathon a try!
Yep that is the only kind we make!

Art History is just not fun for me lol.

Thanks! I am definitely considering it.

Oh, I remember Art History. Not my favorite class. And I love art. But memorizing dates on art is just brutal.

Still no Wine & Dine link? That's craziness. I hope you get it soon and can get registered so that that's all taken care of long before Dopey registration.
(See what I did there???)

Oh, I remember Art History. Not my favorite class. And I love art. But memorizing dates on art is just brutal.

Still no Wine & Dine link? That's craziness. I hope you get it soon and can get registered so that that's all taken care of long before Dopey registration.
(See what I did there???)
I think I gave a solid C level test and I would be okay with that grade at this point. The dates just kill me.

I have emailed my TA and she responded finally today saying that runDisney is being weird about it and several other runners/TAs are also waiting on links.

I am pretending to ignore the Dopey comment......

The Art History class reminds me of my roommate in college who took a Gilm class thinking all they’d do is watch movies.
I kind of knew what to expect going in but didn't think the tests would be so heavy on the dates. My mom funnily said that it sounds like her art history class she took in college roughly 30 years ago!

I think I gave a solid C level test and I would be okay with that grade at this point. The dates just kill me.

I have emailed my TA and she responded finally today saying that runDisney is being weird about it and several other runners/TAs are also waiting on links.

I am pretending to ignore the Dopey comment......

I didn’t quite keep up with this... I was thinking you emailed your TA (teaching assistant) from your class... I think I need to go run now :rolleyes1

I have a BA and MA in European history and deliberately avoided all Art History classes as they are no joke. So good job on taking one. Film is also not easy if anyone who thinks that is an easy A.

I have a BA and MA in European history and deliberately avoided all Art History classes as they are no joke. So good job on taking one. Film is also not easy if anyone who thinks that is an easy A.
Where were you when I signed up for classes! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!