Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's off to run we go! A new and improved Teetz running Journal

2019 Brewers Mini Marathon

This was a brand new race for me and my first local half actually. Wasn't quite sure what to expect. I picked up my bib on Friday and it literally took me 30 seconds. So different from runDisney ;)

Come this morning I woke up around 4:45AM. Race start was 7AM. I left my house around 5:05 and sat in my car in the parking lot until about 6AM when I decided to use the bathroom. After that I headed in and sat inside Miller Park which was open pre race. Inside I struck up a conversation with a perfect Dopey who noticed my runDisney shirt I was wearing.

They then signaled us to head to the corrals. There was probably 3000ish running this race. They corralled the half A-H. I was in E. The corrals really didn't mean anything. About 10 minutes before the race started they removed the ropes in each corral and then it was one giant start. It wasn't too bad. It cleared up after about 2-3 miles. The 2:05 pacer was in my corral so the plan was to try and stick with them.

Race began and everything was going really well so I decided to pick it up a bit. I left the 2:05 pacer after a few miles and ended up catching the 2:00 pacer. I hung with them until mile 10-ish and I passed them as well but not by much. I wasn't sure I would get a sub-2 today but I felt really good so I went for it.

Low and behold I did it... 1:58:40! I got an extra burst running through Miller Park.

I was really happy with the race. It had decent crowd support and was enjoyable. I would do it again. I did find the course to be little more hilly than I expected but for every up hill there was a nice down hill so it evened out.

Post race you got two free beers, chocolate milk, water, bananas, and FREE CHICK FIL A!

IMG_5914.jpgIMG_5915.jpg

Congrats on a great race and huge PR! I was there too, but stuck with the 10K that I’ve done every other year. This was my 5th consecutive time doing it and as long as I’m able, I’ll keep going back. I love it!

And the free Chick fil A this year was awesome! They haven’t done that before, it’s usually sausages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!