The wrong things MAY be right at the wrong time.... What am i doing.

Keep this PTR going -change the title OR create a new and improved report!

• NEW Report!! This one was boring...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
HI!!! How are YOU!!!
How was your walk! And you are a trooper for going in July!
We are doing OK. Unfortunately my year is looking a lot like your last couple of years. It started off great but then my cousin was murdered by her husband who than committed suicide which was really hard on my family. Than last month I was heading to work and hit a deer straight on. Now I am dealing with back pains and no car because it turned out I am not covered by insurance. That's what I get for saving a couple of bucks thinking I am OK since I haven't had any accidents for 15 years.
I am definitely a little crazy especially since I am going with all four of my kids...alone!!!! We originally were going at end of May but with the horrible winter we had in Northern Illinois my kids had some snow days to make up. Plus I couldn't pass up the free dining!!! I just started a PTR so feel free to join. :lovestruc

t was a rough time there for a while But all is well I refuse to let anything get in my way of staying positive!

we will be going back i am starting my devious planning now. we will go to U.S. in October for sure. Just when to go to Disney is up in the air..

we were just in Gurnee this past Saturday! LOL.. and yes it is a very far drive for me! LOL

Yea who wants to do and hour plus commute everyday. I worked at Northbrook for a couple of years and that commute sucked. I can't wait to see where you end up going. Maybe I will have to visit.:goodvibes

I am glad your mom is doing better and hope she continues on the road to recovery. I am sorry about the fight though. My mom and I got in a huge fight shortly after my Brother passed away. It sucks but hopefully it will be resolved soon.

I just love those Magic CM Moments. I have a lot but I will share one from last summer. In 2017 we went with a CM friend and she recommended O'hana in which I had never been to. While at the restaurant Aidan told the server that he liked bacon. He was being silly. A couple of minutes later they brought him out a plate of bacon. Last summer I went with him on a mom/son trip and went back to O'hana. Once again he was being silly and telling the server he liked bacon. I told him that just because he got it once doesn't mean he will get it every time and told the server the story. Well low and behold they bring him out a plate of bacon. Here is a picture of one happy child here.

Hey Mo! I haven't been around much lately. Sorry to hear about your Mom - hope she does eventually quit smoking, but you know how hard that can be. Glad to hear you are making a good effort to stop.

Good luck with the job - I have fingers and toes crossed for you!

T

Hi Mo,

I have been reading, just not commenting. ;) I can believe how many years it has been since you've been to Disney. The kids are going to forget all the fun you had years ago.
I hope you are able to swing into WDW during your October trip. Maybe you can do a Halloween party.

My favorite Magical moment happened at the Wilderness Lodge. Our grandson, age 5 at the time, was dressed up in a Pluto costume that our daughter had made, and he looked adorable. We ate dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe before going to MK for MNSSHP. The Hostess made a big fuss over him and every time she walked by our table she said, "Hi Pluto, Bye Pluto, Missing you already Pluto". She must have done it at least six times throughout the meal. Well, it was the cutest thing and he just loved it, we all did. It remains one of our favorite MK moments. :)

IMG_1701_zps1fb40704.jpg

Last edited:
HELLO ALL!

First update on my Mom- THANK YOU all for your good thoughts and prayers!!
She has double Phenomena- Came home from the hospital last week Thursday..
We got into a HUGE argument-- She picked up a DAMN CIGARETTE! She hung up on me and we haven't spoken in 2 days.

ME update and the no-smoking
Captain's log Day--- 10
I was getting worried the pills weren't working with the exception of slightly getting sick and the weird dreams. It wasn't deterring the urge to smoke.
Until yesterday- I have the urge. but when i start to smoke i don't want it and throw it away- then i get a little sick to my stomach - SO FINALLY i can honestly say i am on the good path! YAHOO! I will continue to take the pills and continue to not want them until i am FREE of the chains!
With the cigarette money alone i can probably pay off a Disney trip twice over.

J.O.B.
I still haven't heard from them- So i called yesterday was told i would get a call hopefully this Friday.
tenor.gif

Today I need to get organized. I need to put a few video's up. I need to get my pictures organized and put on my external hard-drive.
I want to start another family movie too.

Boys have a game tonight since it's out by where the Disney store USED to be -hoping to meet up with one of my supervisors who is giving peanut a sewing machine for her ears! FUN!

Shall we keep going with picture games?

What about Magical Moments?
I have two major magical moments-
1st from 2011- we were coming out of Winnie the pooh and was approached by a few CM and a long story about Peter pan wanting to pixi dust someone--
we were given this:

It was big enough for like 10 people!!

THEN! In 2014 CM noticed Peanut and her beat up FAMOUS Duffy and gave them this:

I cried..

These are our most magical memories with CM's

What's yours?
Was visiting AK on my last day- This is Lion- He has been mine for 24 years 2 years ago on my first visit we visited Rafiki on his planet watch and had the perfect idea for a photo- but he was left in Alberta(Canada_... flash forward 2 years and I remembered to pack him- but unfortunately Plant Watch was closed- a few CM’s told my mom and I that he goes out to dance from time to time and we should try to get his attention- We spotted a Character Attendant on the side and she told us that he usually doesn’t stop for photos as he’s not technically out for photos at this time- mom asked if one of the dancers could take him out and dance behind him-when the dancer took Lion beside Rafiki, he instantly grabbed him and totally did the circle of life with him...Seriously the best moment of my trip- the best ending ever ! We had to evacuate my town a few years ago due to a forest fire and I couldn't go home and I was terrified he was gonna burn in the fire !.... gonna try to upload a photo ! He's been very well loved !

Attachments

• Circle Of LIfe.jpeg
    Circle Of LIfe.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 11

Replies!

I have a few! My first magical moment is all the way back in 2008. We walked off the Magical Express at the Beach Club, a CM walked up to me and said "How many in your party?" I said "Three" She said "You guys have been upgraded to Club level!" We were so psyched because we didn't know what that meant (novices).

OMG! this right here i think is the most magical of them all! I can only WISH for an upgrade one day!!!:love::love::love:

My second came a few years later, my friends and I rented points at OKW and on our last day we were bumming. We were waiting for the bus for EPCOT and it was taking FOREVER, but we were sitting there making the most of it, took over an hour for the bus to show up, BUT the CM took pity on us and gave us a "Magic Fast Pass" good for ANY ride! We were so thrilled for our pixie dust!

YAY! we did get this once and was a huge help trying to get on RnR!!

Next up was our trip in September 2018. My new husband and I went to the Yacht club for a weekend away to unwind after the wedding. It was a random last minute trip, but we paid under $300 a night so I felt like we had to go. Well we get there and once again we are upgraded to CL! DH had no clue what that meant but I did! We only had one day planned in the parks that trip so it was super great to have the CL to get snacks and drinks etc.

Just stop.. I am SO JEALOUS yet so happy for you!! you are chalk full of Magical moments!!! LOVE IT!

FINALLY our last MOST magical moment came a couple months later. We just got off our Irma cancelled/rescheduled to a year later cruise and were on our way to the Grand Floridian for my once in a lifetime stay there. I have wanted to stay there since I was little and the cast of Full House stayed there. Well we check in and our room is not ready, but we can go hang out in the CLUB! Yes we were upgraded AGAIN to CL! Only this time we had a MAGIC KINGDOM VIEW MAIN BUILDING room! I cried! We watched the Xmas wishes from our balcony and it was the most magical moment of my life.

That's it.. I am going to Disney with you..

Worst part of this is, my DH now expects this happens frequently! Sorry babe, we just got REALLY lucky lol.

Ok now this is funny!!!

My magic moment was the trip we did in October 2008. We were at Magic Kingdom. My girls were 3. Dani started to talk to a cast member at mickey's house. Next thing we are be brought in to meet Mickey and Minnie without waiting in line. I wish I could find the picture from that trip.- found it in an old trip pre-trip report.

20081027030.jpg

Oh my gosh i miss Mickey's house so so much.. Wish they would bring that back!
Nothing better then being able to get up there to meet the mouse!

We are doing OK. Unfortunately my year is looking a lot like your last couple of years. It started off great but then my cousin was murdered by her husband who than committed suicide which was really hard on my family. Than last month I was heading to work and hit a deer straight on. Now I am dealing with back pains and no car because it turned out I am not covered by insurance. That's what I get for saving a couple of bucks thinking I am OK since I haven't had any accidents for 15 years.
I am definitely a little crazy especially since I am going with all four of my kids...alone!!!! We originally were going at end of May but with the horrible winter we had in Northern Illinois my kids had some snow days to make up. Plus I couldn't pass up the free dining!!! I just started a PTR so feel free to join. :lovestruc

My prayers are with you- I am so sorry this happened to your family My heart is with you all.
Oh No. Insurance is a law here.
hold on. Where are you located? I will head on over to your PTR!

Yea who wants to do and hour plus commute everyday. I worked at Northbrook for a couple of years and that commute sucked. I can't wait to see where you end up going. Maybe I will have to visit.:goodvibes

I will let you know AS SOON AS I Do.
this wait is killing me. but knowing the company im sure i have another few weeks until i hear something.

I am glad your mom is doing better and hope she continues on the road to recovery. I am sorry about the fight though. My mom and I got in a huge fight shortly after my Brother passed away. It sucks but hopefully it will be resolved soon.

I have no idea about my Mom she is worrying me now the things she said a couple of days ago isn't like her and was very hurtful and vicious. so i am staying away

I just love those Magic CM Moments. I have a lot but I will share one from last summer. In 2017 we went with a CM friend and she recommended O'hana in which I had never been to. While at the restaurant Aidan told the server that he liked bacon. He was being silly. A couple of minutes later they brought him out a plate of bacon. Last summer I went with him on a mom/son trip and went back to O'hana. Once again he was being silly and telling the server he liked bacon. I told him that just because he got it once doesn't mean he will get it every time and told the server the story. Well low and behold they bring him out a plate of bacon. Here is a picture of one happy child here.

Omg this is a riot and this kid is my spirit animal! It's BACON! Love him!

Hey Mo! I haven't been around much lately. Sorry to hear about your Mom - hope she does eventually quit smoking, but you know how hard that can be. Glad to hear you are making a good effort to stop.

Good luck with the job - I have fingers and toes crossed for you!

T

Hi Tess!!! I miss you something fierce! :hug::hug::hug:
Thank you! I need it!!

I have been reading, just not commenting. ;) I can believe how many years it has been since you've been to Disney. The kids are going to forget all the fun you had years ago.
I hope you are able to swing into WDW during your October trip. Maybe you can do a Halloween party.

About time you came out of hiding..
Yes i agree with you.. it's been SO SO LONG! But there have been how many cancellations! I have canceled more vacations then i have been on.. If this job pulls through you bet your bottom i am GOING asap!

My favorite Magical moment happened at the Wilderness Lodge. Our grandson, age 5 at the time, was dressed up in a Pluto costume that our daughter had made, and he looked adorable. We ate dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe before going to MK for MNSSHP. The Hostess made a big fuss over him and every time she walked by our table she said, "Hi Pluto, Bye Pluto, Missing you already Pluto". She must have done it at least six times throughout the meal. Well, it was the cutest thing and he just loved it, we all did. It remains one of our favorite MK moments. :)

IMG_1701_zps1fb40704.jpg

He is ADORABLE!!! Can't over that little face!!!
Apparently you asked for ketsup?

Was visiting AK on my last day- This is Lion- He has been mine for 24 years 2 years ago on my first visit we visited Rafiki on his planet watch and had the perfect idea for a photo- but he was left in Alberta(Canada_... flash forward 2 years and I remembered to pack him- but unfortunately Plant Watch was closed- a few CM’s told my mom and I that he goes out to dance from time to time and we should try to get his attention- We spotted a Character Attendant on the side and she told us that he usually doesn’t stop for photos as he’s not technically out for photos at this time- mom asked if one of the dancers could take him out and dance behind him-when the dancer took Lion beside Rafiki, he instantly grabbed him and totally did the circle of life with him...Seriously the best moment of my trip- the best ending ever ! We had to evacuate my town a few years ago due to a forest fire and I couldn't go home and I was terrified he was gonna burn in the fire !.... gonna try to upload a photo ! He's been very well loved !

Seriously how precious is this?
Is Lion OK from the fires??

OMG i cannot tell you how much i LOVE reading all these wonderful magical moments!!
Keep em coming i know you all want to tell them and i want to hear them!

thank you all for your continuing prayers for my Mom. She is ok now. But i think the steroids got to her and she isn't herself and doing not so nice things to me. So needless to say i am staying pretty far away... it will be ok. we never had a real close relationship. Wish we did.. But we are just two different people.
ANYWAY

I have stuff...

HELLO ALL NEW AND FOREVER FRIENDS.

captains smoking log-
Geez how long as it been now? 2 weeks?
Chantix is working yet i am not 'feeling' it. My smoking has been cut more then half. Now buying the shorter cigarettes and still only can light it and i throw it away. IT IS WORKING!
I go to the Doctor tomorrow so we will see what he has to say I need to lose this crazy weight and hopefully get some energy. Think he has a prescription for energy? i have NONE..

Our new furniture arrived on Monday. I have a fresh new look to my living-room or as us Chicagoan's say- Fronchroom
I can post pictures now since Peanut is home.
Yep she left me- Was invited to my other Meg's grandma's home for a couple of days in Monticello Ind- along with another one of their friends. so she asked that i not post the new fronchroom until she came home. I will take the NOW pictures.. AS soon as my pictures are back up on the walls.. :rolleyes1

AND I am really excited I got a CRICUT Air 2!!! do you know all things i can make now?? but probably wont because i have no idea what i am doing with it?? TEE SHIRTS! MUGS- Stickers for my car OMG it's endless! again-- i have no idea how. so You-tube here i come!

So on to what i have been doing sitting on the computer--- :surfweb: :coffee:
Getting work done in the am- I have been tasked with getting pictures over to the school from babies until now.. Can you guess where i post most of my pictures?? that i need to find?
yep right here on the dis. So i have been reading all my old PTR's and TR's
I'm pretty funny. ;)
Just kidding but i was so much fun to read and remember how we all met- how you all became some of my true friends. I mean most of you know more about me then my real life people! True story!!

Oh My Disney. My kids really grew up on these boards... Just to see them so tiny until now? oh my goodness!
crazy!!!

Sure really hit the nail on the head-- WHEN we do go back to Disney the pictures are going to be crazy my now and then's are going to be HUGE difference!! The entire experience is going to be 100% different! there are two different lands that have opened since we have been possibly more with Star Wars coming quickly.. Once i get the job i will be going back fast then flash can run!

I cannot wait to get out of here today.. Going home taking a warm shower and hitting that brand new couch. Peanut called earlier asked if we can watch Disney videos.. So clearly this will be my evening! I cannot wait!!

Since we have not been there in FOREVER what are a few new things? I have been stuck in the you-tube rabbit hole. Like--- instead of Hidden Mickey's in what used to be Pixar place there are hidden Jack-Jack? along with Hidden mickey's?

Maybe i will have a bit more energy to type more fun stuff!!! In case i don't get on here tomorrow before my Doc appointment--

Until then Want to make sure i wish you all a:
1cbaa9ea32a01114aa0dbf48d9e621a8.jpg

Happy-Easter-2013.png

Easter-Bunny.jpg

where i post most of my pictures?? that i need to find?
yep right here on the dis. So i have been reading all my old PTR's and TR's
I'm pretty funny. ;)
Just kidding but i was so much fun to read and remember how we all met- how you all became some of my true friends. I mean most of you know more about me then my real life people! True story!!
Awww, I bet that was so fun!! I only have 2 TRs to go back to, but I know what you mean. Jimmy looks like a different kid between my first TR and now, and that's only been 3 years.

You ARE funny!! :) Yours was one of the very first TRs I read when I found the DIS, and I loved reading about your FUN family!! Glad you have these to look back on now.

Since we have not been there in FOREVER what are a few new things? I have been stuck in the you-tube rabbit hole. Like--- instead of Hidden Mickey's in what used to be Pixar place there are hidden Jack-Jack? along with Hidden mickey's?
There are too many new things to enumerate. You will just have to go to schedule a trip and we'll list them for you. ;)

Everything costs more and park tickets are now priced to match the dates of your trip instead of one price for any date. Free dining includes the table service plan for the deluxe resorts only. Moderate and value resorts get the quick service plan. There are new lands, new rides, new characters, new food, and new resorts. The Skyliner gondola system should be up and running in the fall and I think it will be an exciting addition to WDW. It will connect POA/AoA, CB and the Rivera Resort (a new DVC resort) with Hollywood Studios and Epcot. I can't wait to ride it even if I don't stay at those resorts. :)

Awww, I bet that was so fun!! I only have 2 TRs to go back to, but I know what you mean. Jimmy looks like a different kid between my first TR and now, and that's only been 3 years.

You ARE funny!! :) Yours was one of the very first TRs I read when I found the DIS, and I loved reading about your FUN family!! Glad you have these to look back on now.

Funny how our kids grow up on the DIS - but they don't know it! HA HA HA
Look at D's kids. they are grown adults now! CRAZY.
AWWW was i? and we are neighbors! Seriously when are we going to get together???
Yeah i want to download them to keep forever maybe even let my kids read them one year??

There are too many new things to enumerate. You will just have to go to schedule a trip and we'll list them for you. ;)

This is going to have to happen Seriously haven't been in forever.

Everything costs more and park tickets are now priced to match the dates of your trip instead of one price for any date. Free dining includes the table service plan for the deluxe resorts only. Moderate and value resorts get the quick service plan. There are new lands, new rides, new characters, new food, and new resorts. The Skyliner gondola system should be up and running in the fall and I think it will be an exciting addition to WDW. It will connect POA/AoA, CB and the Rivera Resort (a new DVC resort) with Hollywood Studios and Epcot. I can't wait to ride it even if I don't stay at those resorts. :)

Exactly why i need my job back. the prices are crazy. I price them out pretty much every day.
5 people you need to take out a loan now-a-days!!!

Funny how our kids grow up on the DIS - but they don't know it! HA HA HA
Look at D's kids. they are grown adults now! CRAZY.
AWWW was i? and we are neighbors! Seriously when are we going to get together???
Yeah i want to download them to keep forever maybe even let my kids read them one year??
We definitely need to get together!! Ariana and I had such a great time on the EPIC trip, and we were talking about how fun it would be with the rest of you girls!

Also, @IowaTater and I were talking about her visit to Chicago soon--we totally need to plan somewhere to meet up!!

We definitely need to get together!! Ariana and I had such a great time on the EPIC trip, and we were talking about how fun it would be with the rest of you girls!

Also, @IowaTater and I were talking about her visit to Chicago soon--we totally need to plan somewhere to meet up!!

Yes i would love it. A lot of us were there during the 2015 trip. Too bad we all didn't get a ADR together one day!

So let's plan something when she gets here!!!

I would like to start off by saying--

source.gif

I do hope everyone had a wonderful Day! I did!
my kids are seriously crazy, adorable, loving, beings.
I need to take pictures but i got-
A pink flamingo statue. -Matt
A pillow that says Love you to the moon and back- Zack
a wood plank Meg painted on that i ADORE- Again i need to take pictures.
I did get a picture of Breakfast Peanut and Tom made-

I get they HAD to spend time with me on mother's day But i was SO CLOSE to turning off all their phones

Let's back up even more. We re-did the living room!
No More boring brown. I wanted that urban barn look. Which is a FINE line to beach theme.. Really need to watch it! LOL Now with my new flamingo im going beachy.. HA!
Since Stevie put so many holes in the bottom of the couch dogs and children i was in serious needed new couches! I will never buy from Art Van again--the couches were made of CARDBOARD - off we went to Bob's which i love!!
Side comment: you know Matt is a HUGE Bob Ross fan?? Not for the art as much as the fro--

Back on track During the painting process Matt was painting HAPPY TREES:

we are ALL ABOUT SAFETY

I really don't know why the pictures are coming out as brown?!?1
Since this is it now:

I should probably post newer one since all the art is on the walls...

I have to say the real reason of my disappearance
I got a Cricut!!! OH BOY!
I don't know how i have been living my life without one!! I am on cloud 9 with it.
and God Bless you tubers, if it wasn't for them i would still be staring at the machine like it was an alien egg that crashed to earth.

walk past it with such curiosity yet scared to death of it.
After a lot of you tubing
my first Project was something like this:
il_570xN.1324242996_cvlp.jpg

I fell in LOVE with this! I needed my own-
Which i Introduce you too---

It looks crooked at the bottom - can guarantee you it is not I brought out levels and rulers etc...

I met up with my old CM's for brunch one day-

I cannot tell you how much i miss my Disney family!
I made them these:

I have been going crazy with this machine!
So i made my Mother this sign for mother's day since she is ALL about her Dogs:

not my favorite it was made as a second thought. so much so i spelled Seamus wrong! Dumb Dumb

then this for the boys room it's Huge

Peanut wanted this:

I'm working on gifts for my VB girls at banquet.
because you know i just love them!

Then water bottles for the boys VB team..
This is from Basketball:

Yep I am cricut CRAZY! I still have so so many ideas..
we are having a block garage sale- I will be selling Meghan's ears along with some cricut stuff i can cut..
So much fun!!!

Decided to throw some pictures at you
Since i don't think i posted them?!
Here is my trying to quit smoking stuff-

My Dumbo puzzle. I have another one i need to start - along with my Cricuteering!

Matt... being Matt

Christmas? Did i post this?

Administrative Assistant day
I got a balloon:

and a lighted one: Video picture--

EASTER!

Sadly we never got around to doing out Egg fight this year. Tom was the busy one this time..
Sad since the eggs were more then ready-

Peanut got a hold of my phone:

Love her hair-

weirdo

Just weird.

I know i talk a lot about me coaching the girls here is a small video of it click on the picture-

Im mean

So now that I posted a ton of pictures at you in the most random way..

If your Bored i did post our home video's from 2014-2015 trip.. There is one video i have to change the music since it's really copyrighted. and the AK video intro is seriously way too long! I will be changing that today too.

Here is our FAB FIVE ADVENTURE VIDEOS
and Peanut is bugging me to finish them up so i plan on doing that at some point as well..

Thanks for reading and hanging around!!!

Yes i would love it. A lot of us were there during the 2015 trip. Too bad we all didn't get a ADR together one day!
Ugh!! My biggest DIS regret! I could've met D~ and Suzie on that trip, too, if I wasn't so shy about saying HI to perfect strangers/internet friends!! Now, I'd be all up in their faces :)

Since Stevie put so many holes in the bottom of the couch dogs and children i was in serious needed new couches! I will never buy from Art Van again--the couches were made of CARDBOARD - off we went to Bob's which i love!!
I love your new couches. They look great. I hope Steve doesn't mess with the new ones.

I have to say the real reason of my disappearance
I got a Cricut!!! OH BOY!
I don't know how i have been living my life without one!! I am on cloud 9 with it.
and God Bless you tubers, if it wasn't for them i would still be staring at the machine like it was an alien egg that crashed to earth.
I had to look this up since I've never heard of a cricut machine. It looks very addictive. ;) The Bears sign looks professional. ::yes::

Sadly we never got around to doing out Egg fight this year. Tom was the busy one this time..
Sad since the eggs were more then ready-
Your egg fights looked like so much fun. At least they colored the eggs this year.

Wow, your lounge looks great! I love the new couches.

I use a very similar machine to a Cricut (a Silhouette Cameo) at work for printing T-shirts, I love it! I'm desperate to buy one for myself to use at home, I daren't use the work one for my craft projects but I have so many ideas!

I'm loving your Youtube videos, but they are definitely making me homesick! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter