The wrong things MAY be right at the wrong time.... What am i doing.

Keep this PTR going -change the title OR create a new and improved report!

• NEW Report!! This one was boring...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OMG- I was stuck on the old thread....someone missed the post about this new one till I decided to reread the last 5 pages ! Time to get caught up !

Hope everything is ok with you and your family. Just popping in to wish you a Merry Christmas!
giphy.gif

Hello all remember me?

I cannot tell you how happy i am that 2017 is over. What an awful year!
Lets run through the last 4 months:
Our trip was canceled.
My nephew was shot-
my sister -well lets just leave it at she had to be hospitalized for a few days. The parasite who shot my nephew decided to try to get out of jail on bond and trial start the Thursday before Christmas. still have to get through the murder trial
Needless to say Christmas was just OK. My sister didn't come she canceled Christmas all together. the rest of us still went by my Mom's but nothing was the same..
I know you all know i have three jobs- I don't know if you knew what that one job was- I was a CM at our beloved Disney store in Orland- which we found out right before Christmas is closing- the last day of business is this coming Monday.. It was like another death. I mourned for a couple of days i couldn't even walk into the mall without breaking down. I have now come to terms i will MISS this job more then you can even imagine. I just loved that job. My last day is this coming Sunday and i may chain myself to a pole in there.. just sayin.
i will try to apply for another store- right now it's not in the cards. availability isn't meshing with my normal crazy schedule.
Gained a crap load of weight
Oh and i started smoking again...
the kids teacher - who lives on my block 12 year old child passed away- cardiac arrest from not taking his asthma meds correctly
Which all just coincides with ME MOVING OUT OF THIS CITY!
This was just the past 4 months!

On to the good news shall we of 2017?
Matt and Zack were invited by another football team to play with them in a thanksgiving bowl in Gaitlandburg Tenn over Thanksgiving, They left on Tuesday and came home on Sunday following thanksgiving. Tom wasn't able to get off of work. And me working retail was not looking good. But I asked anyway and i was able to get thanksgiving and black friday off!! THAT IS UNHEARD OF! I did have to work that wednesday so after i picked up my mom and Peanut and we were off about 730pm?!
I was DEAD tired once we finally got there since my mom has phobias and cannot do this drive unless it's on flat ground. Lets just say our hotel was butted up against the mountain she wasn't driving. It was AMAZING! solidified our move to Tenn. I am HOOKED. football was crazy as the boys played against full grown men with beards. I will post pictures at some point.
that was about the highlight of 2017.

So with all this NASTY ick - i have decided it's time for a reboot on life.
My 2018 is a total overhaul on life.
Back on my diet.
Back taking my quit smoking drugs
THINK before i speak-- Still working on this one.
Change my diet-- another work in progress
Back to working out -- taking the 3 with me since they want to stay in shape for sports- nothing crazy
I cannot control certain things which happen in my life-- BUT I can change HOW I react to them. Like the close of my BELOVED Disney store- i cannot tell you how depressed i was about this- i think this may have been the last straw on all the junk going on and i hit depression
So i started looking at all the positive Yes believe it or not there is- I will be able to go straight home after the city job. Be able to cook dinner, clean the house (which is in desperate need). I won't be killing myself anymore. Working almost 60 hours a week was taking a toll on me, granted it was the holiday season, yet it was tough on this fat old body of mine. I won't be missing any of my kids events- like yesterday was their science fair, i couldn't go as i was working (and i was asked to stay to get the store ready for the close.) I will get to spend a lot more time with my family! I can have weekends off HOLIDAYS off and i can go to Disney whenever i want! Just pay a LOT more for our trips!! a lot more freedom. See told ya there was positive.

2018 is also the year in which i need to get my house back- if i were to put it up on the market right now someone would think it's a run down haunted shack, not on my watch.. starting with the 2nd floor and moving down.

Then my car decided it was time for a new tie rod. so that broke while driving on the worst expressway in the city - I55 going 65mph. that was the scariest driving experience- worst then the accidents i have been involved in! Cars detest me. Looking for someone to fix it now.
staying in line with my POSITIVE 2018 it's ONLY a tie rod and could have been worse, i'll get it fixed and trade it in someday.

Since i woke up at 4:30 yesterday morning came to the city job then straight over to the Disney store got home about 11pm back up this morning at 4:30. I think i may leave her early today - grab some ORIGINAL Home run inn pizza for lunch and hang with the kids who are off today for that crazy teacher in school thing. This sounds amazing. i can nap before volleyball practice and dog training tonight! I LIKE THE SOUND OF THIS ONE!!

I ask you all to remember to be kind to everyone you meet you never know what is going on in their lives behind the scenes!
ALWAYS dream big- if you dream it you can DO IT!

Have a zippadee do dah day!
tumblr_osw36tP6sZ1u501aoo1_400.gif

Hi, MO!!!!! :wave2:
I've missed you!! 2017...what a year :( But, I love your attitude moving forward!!!party:

So sad to hear about your store closing :( I hadn't realized your other job was so magical!! :wizard: I imagine you were an amazing CM!! I hope you are able to find a transfer at some point that fits perfectly into your life (maybe your new TN life!) and in the meantime, enjoy just going home after work!! ::yes::

Happy 2018! Happy Friday!! :cheer2::banana::dancer:

PS I'm very into emojis today apparently!! :):rotfl:

I'm glad you're back! So sorry about the things that happened last year, and that you're store is closing. I worked in several stores that we thought would close soon when I worked in the mall, and I would've been devastated if any of them closed. I hope you have a great 2018 to make up for everything! It'll be nice to have some more free time too.

So glad you are back. I missed you. Hopefully this year will be better.

I'm looking forward to your move to TH too. I may get to see you more.

I'm still in a sling and will be for another 5 weeks. It's already gotten old. Charlie has been a sweetheart though. He was happy to hear about September!

Hi Mo,

I'm glad to see you back on the Dis again. I hope 2018 is a much better year for you. I'm sorry to hear about the store closing but, as you said, your life will become a little less complicated without the third job.

Are you still going to WDW in May?

:cheer2: Mo!!!! I'm so glad you're back. :hug: What an end to the year. I love your outlook for 2018 and I hope you and your family have a much better year with more family time (even though it sucks that your Disney store closed).

I was worried about you and glad to see you came to let us know you are surviving. I know it's rough, but I have been where you were and I actually did the exact same thing with "always finding the posative in everything". It really works. I was at my lowest about 9 years ago and was ready to just throw in the towel. I started annalizing everything that happened with this mentality and it finally became habbit and things started not looking so horrendis and unmanagable. It takes a while to get there, but keep plugging on. You have ALOT of things you want to accomplish...try prioritizing them. Don't throw your body into shock because it will be counter productive. If you prioratize the things you want to change, then other things will fall in line and you won't even realize it. Example: You are focusing on losing weight and changing the food you eat. Rather than focusing on both, prioratize the "food choices" because if you do that, the results from it will directly affect the losing weight, and the nice thing, it will be without even trying. You will also feel more energetic because you won't be slugged down from heavy foods. So one main focus affects 3 things that you want to accomplish and you will feel less overwhelmed.

Mo, you are a strong woman. I’m so glad that even after the blows you were dealt last year you’re staying so positive. Your family is lucky to have you. :flower3:

Joining in! I have been following your reports since 2014! I just love your reports! Our first trip was in May and we LOVED it! We are doing September this time. Still on the first page and can't wait to read more!

Mo!! So glad you're back!! I'm so sorry that 2017 was such a rough year for you, but damn do I love your 2018 attitude! :hug:

I knew you had a lot going on Mo. Take care of yourself; breathe; take it one day at a time. You have new goals for 2018. Write them down, it helps. Heck, keep a journal if you can. One of the best things ever. Even write down things when you are mad as hell. Cherish your kiddos. Time flies. And the most important thing, are you going to Disney?!?

Still here and following along!!!

I hope things are going well for you Mo. Wow 2018 is flying by! Thinking of you and hoping things are on the up for you after last year.

Hello! Remember me?
I thought i would post an update on life in the crazy house.
I don't even remember how to post here so bare with me! Thank you for those who have checked in it's been a VERY LONG time since i have been here only because it was such a depressing year with yet another trip that had to be canceled. And losing my Disney job was devastating! I am still upset over it.. We have only visited a store once only because i had to visit some of my CM family..

2018 didn't come out to be the year we hoped for. In May we lost our great dane Lex to bloat. Then we lost our Golden Logan to cancer in August. I cannot even begin to tell you the devastation that came over our home. Having all these huge vet bills we had to cancel yet another Disney trip.
Piper also become very ill thankfully it was cleared up with antibiotics. Honestly i thought we were going to lose her too.
Raven is still the raging lunatic running a muck in our home and Stevie is still up to no good.
I couldn't bare to be in the house without a four legged dog that was mine, so i went to facebook. We found a couple of little guys but sadly the rescue groups picked other families. which again was hurtful. So a friend mentioned a shelter sent me the link and i found a sweet faced 3 month old little guy who just pleaded with the camera to PLEASE SOMEONE TAKE ME TO A FOREVER HOME.
Well i grabbed my mom took the kids out of school and said let's just go look. No hopes up since this hasn't been a very lucky year for us.
Tom met us there since he works in the area we walked in and there he was all big brown eyed pawing at the glass with his crazy brother. we walked around a bit but i just kept gravitating towards this poor baby who just looked so so sad.
Apparently my adoption papers i filled out before we headed on our trek had come through and we were approved. We asked to spend some time with the big brown eyed baby and his brother- they named this poor creature Wagoner. and his brother is Fin.
We couldn't make up our minds and we wanted to bring them both home--- its so heartbreaking to break up the litter there were 4 or 5 of them sitting in the shelter.. But money always wins out and I just couldn't let Wagoner to stay one more day there. So we adopted Murphy. Turns out to be a Great Pyrenees mix. I adore my bigger breeds.

I forgot how to upload pictures... Once someone reminds me i will flood this page with pictures. I keep getting an error the file size is to big?!?!

Murphy is now 7 months and not a golden--
That part of my heart is still filled with sorrow, one day i will get another golden but right now Murphy is doing his very best to be the best Great Pyrenees/something mix he can be. i will have a DNA test done
After three days of driving Logan to and from the Vet in Lafayette Ind.- on the day we found out Logan had cancer ,one tumor in his head and several throughout is lower intestine
Tom called and his car died out on the side of the road.
I went into a fit is hysterics. I could not stop laughing. My mom asked to be part of whatever joke it was and i just couldn't talk anymore.
My Step-dad had to go and rescue him since we were still 2 hours away from home.
I can't make this up.
Tom had been borrowing my parents car for long enough and of course you know my SUV loves to take rides on tow trucks once in a while. It was time to bite the bullet and buy a car.
In October on a Saturday we went and found a traverse. It was something i was looking at for a while, something smaller then my battleship, possibly better on gas. to our surprise it was in our budget and we bought it without test driving.
Because we still haven't learned any life lessons.
Their systems were down at the time from a power outage and couldn't get to the keys. I still signed my life away for a car. that i hadn't driven or saw the inside. Just don't care at this point i needed something to get me to point A-point B safely.
Monday rolled around and off we went to get my new(er) car! I had my mom drive me telling her i needed my car since it was getting new tires- i wasn't totally lying! They did put new tired on it! She was overjoyed! They finally get their other car back and Tom is the new owner of my battleship.
I have a tank. I will explain the name momentarily..
I finally was able to see the new traverse it is something i am NOT USED TO. loads of technology. you can talk to it. But it doesn't understand me.
my phone hooks up to it but now i can't hear the directions LOL if this is the worst i will take it,.
it has leather heated seats! I am being spoiled by a car. LOVE sirus radio LOVE LOVE LOVE comedy channel is by far my favorite along with the 'holly' channel with all the christmas music i can torture my children with. it's amazing
I had the car for about a week to a week and a half coming home from football practice at a stop sign in indiana and WHAM. i was rear ended like i have never felt before.
I went blind.
Zack was able to see the car
Meghan got a partial plate
Called Tom then called the cops
The police asked how it happened we walked her through I was stopped at the stop sign bad person slammed into me backed up flew straight into the mill across the street smashing their security gate backed up and flew down the street to Chicago. Police said they couldn't have gone far since all their fluids were all over the street especially after hitting the gate. So my friend Chunk took off in his car to follow the fluids down the road.
The cop starts picking up pieces of the bad person car i mean there is debris ALL OVER and not from my car. I asked 'are we cleaning?' she said no all these plastic pieces have a SN on them and they can trace it to the car.
Get out!
I was shocked. Now all 6 of us are in the intersection picking up random debris off the street.. the other drivers were staring at us.
I laughed it must have been a sight.
Matt found a piece with a full SN on it. We gave that piece along with a paint chip to the cop and she was amazing.
I still haven't heard a thing from my crappy insurance co in what the next steps are. Thankfully my back still opens and closes and the back panel was put back by a co-worker. Which now my car has come to be known as TANK how hard i was hit and it's still going good. thankfully since we had a trip coming up and i was driving.
Of course.
I did make my first payment on it. and it hurt me a bit! I haven't had a car payment in YEARS.
now i just want it fixed.

Back in July while all the yuck was happening i needed something good.. it was mentioned the football team wanted to enter into a tournament like the boys did last year with another local team. No one was taking the reins
so i did.
It was my goal to get the JV football team down to Gatlinburg TN for the turkeybowl during Thanksgiving. Knowing most families would never be able to afford it I was determined to get them all there free of charge for the parents!
Talk about WORK! Needed to raise $10,000.00 in a few short months. So i went to work thankfully i do have the most amazing friends and Tim stepped up and helped me with the huge fundraiser night we were going to host.
In the mean time i knew one fundraiser night wasn't going to make the entire amount- I was asked to be interviewed all over facebook some of our neighborhood media places to get the workd out of what we were trying to accomplish-
We held a Car wash, had bake sales, sold donated candy at home games, did a couple tag days, held a couple of football square things, and a go fund me- we were up!
Oct13th was the night of the huge fundraiser a taco dinner -
Thanks to Tim and his hard work and a few parents who stepped up to do some cooking heating things up this night would never have been possible
I found a place to have it
for free
ALL the food
donated
more raffle prizes you can imagine!
The night was fantastic the local media came out and did a live feed interviewed each player- this was my favorite moment of the entire night. I was surprised with flowers and a unicorn balloon
it was magical the boys all made me cry..
AS usual you have your bad people. I was accused of pocking money, the organization started to resent all the efforts it was said we were separate from the organization. there were tough moments but i had to stop several times and re-focus-- this isn't about me. This isn't about the 5 of my family.
It was about getting 22 boys down to TN for a tournament as a final bulldog family before they all move on to their different high schools! This was it. The end of a 9 year run with my football family.
I put on my blinders and kept on trucking through.. Nothing was going to stop this train from plowing though all the.... stuff.... On this adventure i had few passengers who did jump on my band wagon.. I had Tim, and literally 2 others who stood by my side.
With all the interviews and the name getting out there i was called by state reps, alderman, etc all who wanted to help. One individual said whatever we didn't raise they would match it.
WOAH. that's a lot. In the end we ended up raising more then the 10,000.00 so we took and idea to this person and asked- Would you be interested in sponsoring them and jerseys? Just like that
the boys got all new uniforms. Pants socks and jerseys- the organization bought them all these amazing HUGE football duffel bags with the logo their name and number on them
it was inspiring! in the end i believe we raised over 13,000.00 total. 22 football players were set to go to TN! We had a couple of parents take an adjoining rooms.. it was a great trip. My car made it there without any issues they played their hearts out. and the end was the most emotional moment ever, as i write this i am crying, thinking of all these 22 big bad mean football players balling their eyes out over the end of their bulldog career. But we made it the best trip we could, we did a lot of fun stuff. Learned a lot- I don't like mirror mazes. came home with 28 bottles of moonshine- yet had to leave way earlier then expected since we were in for a storm of the century back in Chicago sadly we had to cut a lot out to hit the road. we made it back safely before the storm hit said our sorrowful goodbyes but would see each other the following week at the banquet. Tom and the other coach had to get the passenger vans back and stopped for some food while chatting about the trip.
the banquet...
oh boy the banquet. i promised myself and several of the kids i WOULD NOT CRY. nope i am more then excited to get on with the next chapter HIGH SCHOOL- where i can relax and just watch the kids in all sports. no more of the crazy hustle and bustle of volunteering fundraising like i have been doing..
Well - this went south quick- there are two awards one for the cheerleading and one for the football players who are exceptional people, inspirational, the player who the other players look up to and who inspire to be more like...
Meghan won the award... I was a basket case. Then the football player award has been renamed after the player this year who won. Oh his story is something of a movie. I could be happier to be apart of all this.. I still cannot believe my peanut won the award!!! what an accomplishment!
We are now onto Basketball and my last year of coaching volleyball.
After all the trial and tribulations we go through in life there are these moments and decisions that change everything. I was able to do so much good in the midst of so much bad happenings/ nasty people with their nasty accusations - that were completely out of my control. In the end i feel good. I can look in the mirror and say- I did the best i could with what i had.
So coming into 2019 I will stay positive. I am looking for another Disney job. I have so much to look forward to and the kids graduation and the next chapter in their life called High school.
what a ride it has been-- what adventure awaits us next year!
I have some goals... one is to become DVC members and to get my CM job back!!! Tom and i came up with the idea when we found out about logan and finding something good to look forward to.
we will make this work.

So one piece of advice i do have and it's something i was NOT prepared for is the crazy recruiting these high schools do now.
I can wall paper my entire house inside and out with all the mailings
the phone calls were worse then election time, the house visits, game days i would try to HIDE from the coaches and recruiters. EVERY school within 20 miles!! that is a LOT of schools. I posted something on facebook about it - a friend called me with the same craziness!
In the end the kids picked two schools co-ed of course
They did the entrance exam for one, BUT!!!
they had a shadow day and we went to their open house and just like that picked another school
I cannot be happier with their choice! One its about 20,000 less then the other school they will have a much better experience with athletics - and it's much better academic wise being a more of college prep! buy 2 get one free.
I am a happy mom.
once it's all finalized i can announce the what where and why..

There is so so much to look forward to in the next year so much ADVENTURE to be had! MANY MANY new experiences people to meet!
We are ready.

Thank you for reading this - like i said i cannot make this up this is life
in the end the lesson is no matter what the circumstances are no matter how you think it's the worst.
It does and will get better!!! there is always something to look forward to big or smallest of stuff. there is always something you can do to make it better. Volunteer for a cause - truly- in the end makes you feel so so much better about yourself. But do these things for yourself do not do them for a pat on your back. be humble always, and always know there are so many people around you who truly care, love, and will help at a drop of a hat. All ya gotta do is ask.

I hope to come back more often i need to catch up with all of you and your amazing reports. I miss my Dis family here!!!

So happy to hear from you, Mo!! I have been thinking about you and missing your posts. You have certainly been through more than your fair share. Here's to a new start in the new year!!

Yay, Mo, so glad to see you back!!! You and your family are so strong--I am not at all surprised that you were able to accomplish all that you did with the Bulldogs fundraiser and TN trip this year. (Though I cannot believe they are finished and getting ready to head to HS...seriously?! How!?)

You had me in tears reading how proud you are of all of them, especially Meg with her award. Just incredible! Your kids really are the greatest. Thanks for letting us tag along and watch them grow.

I'm excited to hear what high school they have chosen, and what adventures are in store for you all in 2019!

:hug: So nice to "see" you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts